• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

ScRYeD

I'm excited, former iRO chaos player here. Will have the same name as my iRO character ScRYeD and will be a knight as I was in iRO. Will be in the Philippines tomorrow so yay for that.

Updater keeps getting stuck at 4 blocks left on the bar as it's trying to update the updater.

1ypxZ.jpg

So this is normal, right?

Kuraine

Neo Member
1ypxZ.jpg

So this is normal, right?

I let it sit there for quite some time. It eventually completed.

Also, I just got a lovely error page with this text:

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

Yay placeholder error pages!

rouken

i like how they wanted 100k likes for their fb page and yet didn't expect their servers to be hammered down like this.

rouken

welp

We apologise once again as we have to push back the Open Beta server opening to 1800hrs (+8 GMT) instead, as we are still experiencing very high traffic on the game website and servers and are working very hard to solve this across our regions.

im going for a nap, see you guys later :)

Stark

Banned
Had to re-torrent the entire setup. Was corrupted. :(

Oh well, hopefully it'll die down by tomorrow afternoon.

Lol at you guys stuck at the updater. Just wait that part out. It will eventually work.

Received an error the first time around and had to restart. Worked the second time after about 15 mins. Now I got me this:

Ha4Xo.jpg

It's still updating despite getting the error webpage. Hopefully it's all set for later today.

Abandond

So.. I got it downloaded via the downloader and now it's asking for the password for the encrypted file "BlockbusterGame_ver1.2.exe". :l

Mastamind

So.. I got it downloaded via the downloader and now it's asking for the password for the encrypted file "BlockbusterGame_ver1.2.exe". :l

RO2 Closed Beta Testing has ended as of 13th December 2012.
The game servers are now CLOSED for fixing of game bugs and issues.
Do join us again when the Open Beta starts on 27th December 2012!

**For users who already have the Closed Beta game client, you do not need to download a new client for Open Beta. The Open Beta Patch files will be updated here once it is ready.

Download the full game client now if you have not done so!
If you receive a prompt for password, please enter the password given below:
welcome2ro2

Try that, was on the download playpark download page.

Balehead

Seems like I need that guide to come back online since I get this when creating PlayID account:

"This nickname is invalid format."

in my email screen.

tafer

Welp, looks like they were NOT ready for the amount of people that wanted to get in the game. Good news, as long as they get it fixed as soon as possible.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Welp, looks like they were NOT ready for the amount of people that wanted to get in the game. Good news, as long as they get it fixed as soon as possible.

Open betas are rarely ready. Every one if participated in has had day one problems

squidyj

Well hey I get to the actual enter your ID screen only for it to say "The service is unavailable" :(

yep :(

anyone having trouble verifying their account btw? when I go to the link it says... "Success! .... ..... there was an error" so I don't know if it succeeded or failed.

Okay, definitely verified, now....

Internal Server Error :l

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
From their Facebook:
Dear Asgardians,

We are still experiencing extremely high traffic and are working endlessly to resolve the technical issues faced by everyone. A certain number of players from different regions have been able to enter the game and we are working hard to ensure that many more will be able to as well. We deeply apologise once again for the wait and the inconvenience, and we will update everyone once again when the game servers are up. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ashodin

Their site is getting HAMMEREDDDDDDDDD

Gonna just go to sleep and wake up later and try. This is going to take forever.

Top Bottom