• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

neoism

lol
not sure if want
keyboard1.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
tl;dr: Pretend you're playing WoW.

rouken

Everyone I knew played WoW, I avoided playing it like it was the plague. Instead I was playing virtually every f2p MMO out there. So yeah, there are a few of us who avoided WoW.

im one of those people. im poor so basically f2p mmo are the only thing im trying. nothing really sticks out there like ragnarok though.

Xamdou

Downloaded and installed the game, but after pressing the log in screen... on the bottom right corner it says the Ahnlab Hackshield Pro: RO_HSUpdater. It's downloading but then it stopped and says error. Tried several several times but same thing.

Stark

Banned
When you launch the RO2Client, is it supposed to not update anything and I can't click Start? just curious. (After RO2 Updater loads it).

rouken

Downloaded and installed the game, but after pressing the log in screen... on the bottom right corner it says the Ahnlab Hackshield Pro: RO_HSUpdater. It's downloading but then it stopped and says error. Tried several several times but same thing.

did you already updated? try to use this when updating http://edge.cdn.starhub.com/GameClient_Download/xlb/121226_RO2ManualPatch.exe

When you launch the RO2Client, is it supposed to not update anything and I can't click Start? just curious. (After RO2 Updater loads it).

when the splash screen loads up, it should update by itself. then the log in button will be clickable and the game will start.

Boken

Banned
II click ROClient2.exe and the RO2 updater appears with the segmented bar... which gets stuck at 75%

An hour ago it was letting me log into the game :/

Ashodin

II click ROClient2.exe and the RO2 updater appears with the segmented bar... which gets stuck at 75%

An hour ago it was letting me log into the game :/

Same thing is happening to me. Better let it just sit there.

Also, I just learned that you can reset your stats. Yes!

DJIzana

are those registration sites down? can't connect to any of em

Probably can only hold so much traffic... my best guess. It works if you keep refreshing. I went there to just look over a few things before I start up and had the same issue accessing that stuff.

Stark

Banned
Haha... Ragnarok2 Updater won't even budge anymore, so I can't get to the launcher. Like 3/4 done, too. :( Hopefully just some queue.

Ashodin

I'm finished updating, now I'm just waiting until 2 AM.

What are Guardians?

Guardians provide movespeed boost and some unique buffs for each Professions.

Blacksmith - Vulcan
Increases summoner's physical defense
Hammerfall - decreases opponent's physical defense

Alchemist - Hohenheim
Increases summoner's magical defense
Acid Terror - deals physical and magical damage to a single enemy

Artisan - Veriel
Increases the summoner's evasion
Shining Gimlet - deals ranged physical damage to a single enemy

Chef - Demeter
Increases the summoner's natural HP regeneration
Lusty Smell - inflicts Poison on enemy

NOTE: I'm not sure if the unique buff are already implemented since I've never seen one before even with those people who already maxed out their Guardians.

H7l9b.jpg

Stat Allocations bitches

Just played some Ragnarok Online (first one)

Man.. I still love it. Don't think RO2 will captivate me but going to try it out.. If not I will go back to RO :)

Noshino

Im shocked everyone is picking Sorc over wizard

yeah, im looking over the list and im the only one wanting to be wizard. lol

anybody still having updating issues?

its the closest there is to a scholar/professor.....which everyone on RO wanted to be (we were the cool magic users)

No Sage! This game sucks.

Sage was boring, Scholar/Professor was the fun class.

PvP was so much fun, everyone was scared of the cobweb

Einbroch

Banned
Cool... how is it better?

They had a "third" resource in the terms of floating orbs. You could throw them, consume them to make yourself more power, use them to launch a super-over-the-top-wtf attack, and keeping them just summoned provided you with SP (mana) regeneration (I think).

Monks were awesome. And they looked awesome.

Edit: Man, that post had all kinds of errors. A little tipsy. Not correctng them.

Top Bottom