• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford: I agree with [EGM] that Aliens: Colonial Marines was a 9/10

Today at DICE, Randy Pitchford spoke to Polygon's Brian Crecente about things like Borderlands, Battleborn and everyone's favorite (according to Randy) Aliens: Colonial Marines. Says there's definitely a future for Borderlands as well (yiss).

The goodness starts around the 24 minute mark and he says that he thinks IGN nailed it by saying Aliens was a 9/10, that the 2013 class action lawsuit was bullshit and that people still message him daily singing its praise. He sounds pretty buzzed during that segment.

Before you say "Developer thinks game is good" take a moment to listen to he segment. He sounds a little delusional when rebutting that people feel misled over that preview.

"There's always a difference between a preview and a finished product."

Ha!

http://www.polygon.com/podcasts/2016/2/18/11044690/polygon-newsworthy-podcast

Edit: He meant, or was so buzzed that it sounded like IGN. It was EGM. Point stands. He's insane.

MrHoot

Oh man oh man, I cannot WAIT for the blowback this will give.

Also fuck off Pitchford, you colonial marines apologist

RPGCrazied

He constantly defends this game. But its clear when the game came out, was nothing like it was shown off when it was announced.

It's hilarious because his refusal to publicly admit that he made a shit game has done way more damage to the reputation of him and his company than the game itself could have possibly done.

mdubs

Banned
4957bed168.jpg

But IGN didn't give it a 9...

Can someone who can stomach listening to Randy's stupidity verify what he was talking about in the podcast? Is he just taking the piss or is he genuine here? History tells me he's genuine which is pathetic.

Mozendo

I feel bad for Randy Pitchford, he get's so attached to these projects that he thinks any negative criticism is a personal attack.
I remember he said that Duke Nukem Forever exactly like Half-Life 2.
Like come on mang

Yukinari

Randy Pitchford lives in a world where the press showing for Colonial Marines was the final product and he secretly plays it everyday.

Im sure Jim Sterling is quite happy to see this man speak again too.

Anung

Un Rama
Dudes a hell of a magician. His slight of hand game was so strong with Colonial Marines. He also took Sega's money and made it disappear.

Mivey

I really hope for his own sake he is just trying to troll people. This is becoming really sad otherwise. I mean, even PR logic doesn't make any sense here, you don't keep mentioning the thing everyone is pissed of about and keep spinning it in the most obvious way.

Borman

Let me play the early build then Randy. No big deal, Im happy to show what was happening in the demo. Ive done it before.

MouldyK

Dudes a hell of a magician. His slight of hand game was so strong with Colonial Marines. He also took Sega's money and made it disappear.

Also made Timegate disappear.

Section 8: Prejudice had too many ideas which could be a good game if given another try, so Randy had to find a way to make them disappear aswell.

This reminds me what a joke that EGM review was. It was so blatently bought. It had fucking PR copy pasted into it practically.

While he was technically a freelancer, they refused to work with that reviewer again.

Anyway, stay delusional randy

Top Bottom