• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapper Nelly arrested after rape accusation

Damerman

Even if he did not rape her, why are you going around fucking women while on tour knowing some women are out there trying to take advantage of ur clout?

So fucking stupid!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Holy shit, Nelly is still touring? Wow.

Holy shit, stop forcing yourself on women. =( Christ.

The point is moot for a crime that is so rarely falsely reported and also generally underreported while also being a really grave one.

Believing the victim is absolutely alright to do at this point while also stating that you're waiting for more info. You're not actively making the life of the alleged perpetrator worse (you could, but I believe most people here have enough restraint not to do that) especially being so far removed from the situation as some unknown person on the internet. At least other rape victims can see that we as people would believe them if they came forward.

Again, it's moot until you or somebody you love gets accused wrongly of a crime.

Why not just wait and see what kind of evidence is presented before making any rash judgements either way?

You are pushing for blind, uninformed advocacy without even the slightest shred of evidence. That isn't enlightened; it's the same extremism and zealotry the other side of the issue employs when they automatically defend those accused.

Until the facts of any one case are brought to bear for public scrutiny, both sides are engaging in rampant conjecture and speculation.

I actually don't disagree with you on any of what you're saying here, but we also know that the justice system is absolute shit at prosecuting for rape, and even more so when the accused is famous. For now, I'm simply more prone to believe that he raped her than that he didn't, given that he was arrested for it. As more information comes out, maybe I'll change my stance, and maybe I won't.

Then I guess my question is, why formulate an opinion either way at this juncture?

Why not just wait and see what the evidence shows and then make an informed judgement?

And I ask only because I'm guilty of doing the very same thing in assuming that charges automatically denote guilt.

Again, it’s moot until you or somebody you love gets accused wrongly of a crime.

Why not just wait and see what kind of evidence is presented before making any rash judgements either way?

You are pushing for blind, uninformed advocacy without even the slightest shred of evidence. That isn’t enlightened; it’s the same extremism and zealotry the other side of the issue employs when they automatically defend those accused.

Until the facts of any one case are brought to bear for public scrutiny, both sides are engaging in rampant conjecture and speculation.

Because the amount of rape victims who never will see their perpetrator punished far, far outweighs people who have their life ruined because of a false allegation. And I'll repeat myself: Supporting and believing the victim does NOT automatically hurt the alleged perpetrator depending of how you go about it.

You keep saying "accused wrongly of a crime". This is not any crime, and that matters. Believing a rape victims at first and defending the accused is absolutely not equivalent.

Dmented

Banned
Do Europeans not find them Nelly videos with the kids creepy? (Just curious what the consensus is. Different cultures and all that.) Showed a friend and he doesn't think it is at all.

Creepy asf to me.

Immediately accusing the accuser of lying/doubting them is not impartiality or "just waiting for the facts", it's taking a stance and contributing towards people not feeling comfortable coming forward about their abuse, and men getting off for such crimes.

I don't take a stance either way, as with any of these cases I just wait to see what evidence comes out in either direction.

Budi

Do Europeans not find them Nelly videos with the kids creepy? (Just curious what the consensus is. Different cultures and all that.) Showed a friend and he doesn't think it is at all.

Creepy asf to me.
I'm European and I do find it creepy. The threshold for what is creepy/inapproriate/wrong is very different for me when it involves kids.

Ekai

Black man got arrested so the police MUST have some sorta evidence lol? Really ?

Yea guys the police would never arrest a Black dude for no reason. Nope never happens.

Black man accused of rape while on tour with a pop country group.

Yea let's wait for the facts on this one.

But If he did it it's a wrap for bruh. Should have left her alone if she wasn't feeling it. She should get a civil case too after the criminal case and get some of that bread if he feel like he can just take sex.

You seem to have a habit of going into threads even vaguely related to rape to claim false rape accusations are rampant/quite literally in one thread that women are "lying bitches".

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Not every time, I guess?
If a girl changes her mind half way through and wants to stop, you are now raping her in her mind

No, if she "changes her mind half way through and wants to stop", and you don't comply, you are actually raping her.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Moze

Banned

Creepy asf to me.

It is weird behaviour. Getting into the personal space of a child like that is weird and likely makes the child feel extremely uncomfortable. A child is unlikely to tell him to go away even if she didn't like what he was doing.

Ekai

Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

But let's just go with guilty shall we

False rape accusations rarely happen but let's go with the conspiracy that women are "lying bitche", as some have stated.
Sure. That makes sense.

Not every time, I guess?
If a girl changes her mind half way through and wants to stop, you are now raping her in her mind

Yes, if a man and a woman are having sex and for whatever reason she tells him to stop, the man not complying constitutes rape. From your tone you do not think this is correct?!

It looks like Nelly has a Dilemma. It seems it keeps happening Over and
Over Again. He better hope that he can his Country Grammar to get out of this. Or inmates will be going Batter Up on him.

source.gif

Demoskinos

Not every time, I guess?

That's literally how consent works. Its a binary state either you have it or you do not. Stop means stop. Not finish and stop. Just stop.

mavo

Banned

Creepy asf to me.

Im mexican and i don't find it creepy at all.

Ros8105

Creepy asf to me.
It got weird when he started stroking the kid’s hair, I really don’t get how anyone can think that shit is okay.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Update - Nelly Speaks Out After Rape Arrest: ‘I Am Completely Innocent':
Let me say that I am beyond shocked that I have been targeted with this false allegation. I am completely innocent. I am confident that once the facts are looked at , it will be very clear that I am the victim of a false allegation.

I do want to apologize to my loved ones for the embarrassment and for putting myself in a situation where I could be victimized by this false and defaming allegation.

I also want to thank my fans for their unwavering support. They know me. I assure you I will be vindicated. And I assure you, I will pursue every legal option to address this defaming claim. Thank you

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-rape-arrest-i-am-completely-innocent-w507711

Wasn't Freddie Gibbs also arrested and charged last year and did time and it turned out he never did a thing?

Like others here have said let's wait for facts and certainly not jump to any conclusions. Chances of this being a case similar to Gibbs are just as big as they are not.

Just saw the two videos. Since someone here mentioned Europeans. I'm Dutch and I would say it's a bit...... weird, unusual. I mean how young is that little girl? Yeah I can see why people are like "wtf" about that. So it's some kind of act he does during every show of his?

Also, isn't that girl a bit too young for a Nelly show?

Syder

Maybe those two videos of him with the young girls on stage seem creepier after the context of a rape accusation but damn, it's fucking creepy...

Maybe in his mind it's totally innocent and he thinks it's cute and a cool experience for the kids but I'm totally against exposing children that young to [simulated] sexual advances.

Top Bottom