• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

antonz

Looks good. I'm very surprised Rayman Origins is getting a sequel though. I thought it mega-bombed?

Probably looking to benefit off the launch hype. If they market it right etc they could sell in a day more copies than origin probably sold lifetime

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Very nice, I hope there is a PC version with Online Co Op.

The biggest thing I am wondering is just how the action figure things are working. Is there an RFID reader? The Touch Screen has multitouch of some sort? Other Wizardry?

Metal-Geo

Oh God the lighting. The shading... It's gorgeous.
Although the shading on Globox is a bit harsh though.

I'm going to buy this for everything.

guek

Banned
I'm sure someone has said this, but why the hell does the trailer have a song from How to Train Your Dragon's soundtrack? o_O

That plus the fact that it looks like they're using a dev cable seems to imply this is an internally circulated trailer that's not yet finished.

That way the entire point of using a tablet doesn't interest me anymore if the actual control of the game is uncomfortable. If I have to play most games with my classic controller anyway I'm out and just buying the Nintendo 1st party titles.

And you're just buying the ps3/vita version of this, as per an earlier comment. I'm sure you have no agenda at all!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ohhhh, this is a NEW game? Well that's good to hear. I thought this was a port of the recent one that came out.

Either way, can't really if this couldn't be done on the Wii.

Teknoman

That way the entire point of using a tablet doesn't interest me anymore if the actual control of the game is uncomfortable. If I have to play most games with my classic controller anyway I'm out and just buying the Nintendo 1st party titles.

LOL did this NEVER come up in the Wii-U threads or were people just blinded by excitement? :D

Blinded by excitement i'd say lol. Just the fact that they were finally stepping into HD and all. Also its not like they dont know how to make a controller...also you've had devs talk about how their games from current system have great playing WiiU versions.

Maybe the tablet will see a small analog adjustment before launch, like how the original DS changed abit before launch...unless we'll have touch screen aiming on the big screen now.

Yuripaw

Banned
Am I the only one hearing Back to the Future music during the ending part of that trailer? lol

Looks friggin awesome.

orioto

Good Art™
So from my perspective, the good news is they finally realized they could actualyl have a similar detailed and lighted render for the characters, wouhou.

Bad news is .. it's gonna be hard for Nintendo to convince the world those features are revolutionary... Plus now i need ubi toys collection and 3 wiimote to have fun with this game... ?

Even the asymmetric gameplay.. Nothing you couldn't do with controllers. I guess you could even do that in LBP by letting just one player move certain things.. Game design, it can be interesting!

guek

Banned
FFFFUUUUCK ok, the music at the end where the kid is putting those figurines on the padlet is aped from some movie but I can't place it. DAMN. what is it???!

edit:

Am I the only one hearing Back to the Future music during the ending part of that trailer? lol

Looks friggin awesome.

THANK YOU

Shiggy

Asterix conquers Rome!
snapshot-170sx0g.jpg

snapshot-18cbyvh.jpg

snapshot-22r2ygg.jpg

snapshot-16wbayh.jpg

snapshot-19qkzaz.jpg

snapshot-15ohzil.jpg

snapshot-147vlup.jpg

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
the gimmicky stuff looks FUN.

Can't wait for this! Love Rayman. :D

Myriadis

Now that you mention it...i'm not sure how you would play 3D games with that style of analog placement either.

Why shouldn't it be possible to play 3D games with it? It's just above the fact buttons instead of under them, and I somehow think that is actually more awkward to play if the analog stick would've been under the face buttons.

mclem

I'm sure someone has said this, but why the hell does the trailer have a song from How to Train Your Dragon's soundtrack? o_O

Edit: And BttF?

Almost certainly stock music for a work-in-progress trailer. I'm sure when we 'officially' see it we won't have that music.

SykoTech

Honestly, one of the things I liked about Origins is how it was a sanctuary from the Rabbids and Ubi's other cash cows.

Can't have that anymore, I guess....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
don't see the vid youtube link was pulled?

EDIT: Doesn't work chrome.

Elixist

That youtube link, hooboy, soooo pretty.

Can we start a kickstarter for Ancel and co. to do a Mario game in this engine hnnnggg.

kinggroin

Banned
Plus now i need ubi toys collection and 3 wiimote to have fun with this game... ?

Do you? What kind of stupid question is this?

Can you not control yourself enough to not spend extra money on an optional gimmick? If not, there's always the 360/PS3 version.

Top Bottom