• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

One tablet, three Wiimotes?

:(

I'm also not sure I like the implementation of the tablet from this trailer. That girl was basically playing the game on her small screen... why do that when you have a huge TV in front of you? I'm a bit confused by it.

zbeeb

What is this NFC shit you nerds keep going on about?

Near field communication, the same tech that's in credit cards with the 'chips.' Allows for close range data transmission. See visa pay wave, google wallet, android beam, etc. Its basically what allows the device to recognise the figurines

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really, EC? I am disappoint.

They're calling it NFC, but basically whatever the screen scanning thing is. It MAY be NFC, most likely.

Near field communication, the same tech that's in credit cards with the 'chips.' Allows for close range data transmission. See visa pay wave, google wallet, android beam, etc. Its basically what allows the device to recognise the figurines

Thanks guys.

EXCEPT GUEK

FUCK YOU GUEK

Yea, but why did they show it in a promotional video? The pad is really ugly with that thing attached and I think the final recharge cable will look different (at least I hope :p)

This isn't the final version of the trailer and wasn't meant to be seen by the public.

Rayman Legends is trending on Twitter! ^-^

I guess many many people are excited about it. Hopefully this is going to do a lot better than Origins out of the door.

red731

i don't think that i'll buy wii u day one

but i am gigling like a little girl and screamed yes when i saw that

YES

Wiz

I'm also not sure I like the implementation of the tablet from this trailer. That girl was basically playing the game on her small screen... why do that when you have a huge TV in front of you? I'm a bit confused by it.

The girl was actually controlling the platforms with the touch screen controller, she wasn't playing as one of the characters.

*wakes up, sees title* Holy shit exclusive 3D Rayman on Wiiu!?!... Oh wait, it's just Origins 2. :(

Still pretty damn cool I guess, I certainly take it over New Mario Mii.
Also, shit tons of embarrassing background actors once again confirmed for all WiiU trailers.

guek

Banned
Thanks guys.

EXCEPT GUEK

FUCK YOU GUEK

sQqRn.gif

derFeef

*wakes up, sees title* Holy shit exclusive 3D Rayman on Wiiu!?!... Oh wait, it's just Origins 2. :(

Still pretty damn cool I guess, I certainly take it over New Mario Mii.
Also, shit tons of embarrassing background actors once again confirmed for all WiiU trailers.

It's pretty surely not exclusive.

AzaK

Holy crap, was that an ass creed figure?

I imagine that's just for the casual players to be included. She could always look at the TV of course, but this way someone like a child could sit down and move pillars and platforms and things. I'd love that shit actually because it would allow my little boy to join in.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Why is the controller wired in every shot in this trailer?

the DRC (display remote controller) was connected with a wire to the dev kits until a few months. Even the actual dev kits have a switch between wireless & wired mode, in part for convenience purposes (long hours of development & iteration process & testing so it's better to have a reliable cord without battery life limits.

The girl was actually controlling the platforms with the touch screen controller, she wasn't playing as one of the characters.

You're right, and now I watch it again the guy in the last clip is actually playing the game with the tablet.

I guess that option is kinda like the second player in the Galaxy games, just manipulating small things.

I think the Wii U controller needs to be explained better, personally. This trailer was a bit confusing until you watch it a second time and read GAF :p

guek

Banned
the DRC (display remote controller) was connected with a wire to the dev kits until a few months. Even the actual dev kits have a switch between wireless & wired mode, in part for convenience purposes (long hours of development & iteration process & testing so it's better to have a reliable cord without battery life limits.

I bet you leaked this trailer, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!

thank you

Thrakier

I still don't get the concept behind that controller for the most part. Am I supposed to play a game on that thing with my TV in front of me? That's what the girl does there.

Uh, sounds like you should be under NDA.

Game-Biz

Tell me exactly where 2D graphics have to go from 1080p at 60fps and the visual fidelity of an animated film. I'd love to know.
Rayman ass hair flowing freely in the wind under the night sky's pale moon light. If the Wii U can render that at 60fps with AA at 1080p, I'll be there day one, my friend.

Mdk7

Thx but you know gazillions of great artists in videogame industry can do a lot better than me^^
First of all you fucking ROCK... And second, you CLEARLY inspired them.
The colors, the style, the overall vibe is a lot similar to yours. ;)

mclem

3) Why is the pad always linked to a cable? I'm worried!!!

Development unit. Could be for ease of communication, could be because the development version of the hardware is too bulky to actually fit in the form factor that'll be used at retail.

Its still a big problem in terms of marketing, they need to work with developers more.
Obviously here...thats what you can do, whilst it works on the big screen.

In other games I hope its fully used akin to the 3DS touch screen. Zelda for example should play really well and it opens up the buttons to more functionality.

TriGen

Rayman Legends is trending on Twitter! ^-^

I guess many many people are excited about it. Hopefully this is going to do a lot better than Origins out of the door.

If this could come out this fall, and in time for the Wii U launch, I think it would really help, It's a perfect launch/window title to have along a Nintendo console, plus there are some 360/PS3 Origins fans left over.

It should do a lot better then Origins, Rayman had been kind of dead for a while so there wasn't a ton of people excited, but now I think Rayman is at least on gamer's minds a little, so when you couple that with new console hype as well, it should do okay.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

I think at this stage everybody has at least 2 wiimotes. I bet Wii U will include the tablet + a wiimote. That means most people will have the proper set up to play 4 players local multiplayer games day one. And that is a key factor of success.

Top Bottom