• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Re: Fantazio: Royal Tournament Trailer Released (Coming in 2024) | The Game Awards 2023

Laieon

giphy.gif

OCL

I fucking love Persona but i find nothing that pick my interest here, the vibe is really weird

Robb

Gold Member
Looks kind of rough to me, but I’m not getting it either way. Not my cup of tea.

Robb

Gold Member
Are you referring to the visible frame rate drops from the trailer? Those should be ironed out by the time the game releases in fall of next year since optimization is one of the last steps in game dev.
That and the texture work. Looks kind of muddy in a lot of places to me.

But yeah, they’ve got a lot of time left to tidy things up I guess.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This looks really good! Let’s just hope it does not have a BS padded break/stagger fest battle system.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

For fun, I tried searching the Japanese VA for this game. From left to right
48dcde64b8.png

1st row:
  • Natsuki Hanae (Tanjiro in Demon Slayer, 9S in Nier: Automata): Main character with the blue hair.
  • Yoshino Nanjo (Eli in Love Live, Kiria in Tokyo Mirage Sessions)
  • Yuichi Nakamura (Gojo in Jujutsu Kaisen, Malos in Xenoblade 2)
  • Tohru Furuya (Amuro in Gundam, Bryce in Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth)
2nd row:
  • Sumire Morohoshi (Emma in Promised Neverland, Tiki in Fire Emblem): Gallica, the fairy with the blond hair
  • Misato Fukuen (Toga in My Hero Academia, Miyabi in Xenoblade 3)
  • Miyamoto Mitsuru (Roger Smith in Big O, Ultima in FF XVI)
  • Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa in Attack on Titan, 2B in Nier: Automata)
3rd row:
  • Kensho Ono (Yuri in Spy x Family, Serenoa in Triangle Strategy): Strohl, the silver haired guy with horn
  • Hosoya Yoshimasa (Reiner in Attack on Titan, Welt in Honkai: Star Rail)
  • Noriko Hidaka (Dominator in Psycho Pass, Noriko in Gunbuster)
  • Tamaru Atsushi (Nirvana Initiative in AI: The Somnium Files, Mikihiko in The Irregulars at Magic High School)
4th row:
  • Saori Hayami (Yor in Spy x Family, Lora in Xenoblade 2): Hulkenberg, the red haired elf
  • Inada Tetsu (Nappa in Dragon Ball, Dromarch in Xenoblade 2)
  • Megumi Ogata (Shinji in Evangelion, Ken in Persona 3)
  • Yoko Hikasa (Pencilgon in Shangri-La Frontier, Ivy in Fire Emblem Engage)
5th row:
  • Kazuhiko Inoue (Nyanko-sensei in Natsume Yuujinchou, Siegfried in Granblue Fantasy)
  • Mamiko Noto (Rin in Inuyasha, Fuuka in Persona 3)
  • Satoshi Mikami (Olcott in Gundam Witch from Mercury, Ocelot in MGS V)
  • Ai Fairouz (Jolyne in Jojo Stone Ocean, Ayre in Armored Core 6)
6th row:
  • Akio Otsuka (Adachi in Yakuza Like a Dragon, Snake in MGS): Heismay, the rabbit-like creature with sword
  • Banjou Ginga (Gihren in Gundam, Reeve in FF VII)
  • Tomokazu Sugita (Lizard Priest in Goblin Slayer, Yusuke in Persona 5)
  • Kenji Hamada (Patrick in Gundam 00, Dee Jay in Street Fighter 6)
cf908a3877.png

Last edited:
Jfc the team doing Metaphor is stacked!!

Top creators are participating in “Metaphor: Refantasio,” the latest work by “Persona 3,” “Persona 4,” and “Persona 5” creators!

Concept artist Kazuma Koda [Representative work] NieR:Automata

“Armor tank” design by Iku Yamashita [Masterpiece] Neon Genesis Evangelion

OST snippet from atlus' website:

Last edited:

Hudo

So just as a general question. The latest trailer made me reconsider my initial impression of the game. I initially thought that this was going to be an Isekai. Now I think it's not. I am fine with both approaches, I am just confused.

NanaMiku

Something happening :pie_thinking:

Most likely only recapping what has been revealed along with the appearance of the VA

Additionally, ATLUS will host a special YouTube live broadcast in Japan (Japanese language only) for the game on December 11 at 3:30 a.m. PT / 6:30 a.m. ET / 20:30 JST, that will feature guests from the Japanese voice actor cast including Natsuki Hanae as Protagonist, Sumire Morohoshi as Gallica, Kensho Ono as Strohl, and Saori Hayami as Hulkenberg.

Top Bottom