• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready Player One - SDCC Teaser

Realyst

Hopefully that leaked script (if real) has been updated etc.

I get they had to massively change things to make it into a film but they really cheated out on how to obtain the 3 keys and the whole final 3rd was garbage.

Reminds me of the Scott Pilgrim film. Got a lot right then fucked up the ending.
Just FYI, IIRC they filmed Scott Pilgrim before the comic was finished. Therefore, the ending was widely different between the two.

I know nothing about the book, and looking at the trailer it is hard for me to judge what I just saw. Sure it looks solid, but Spielberg can be hit and miss these days. It was neat seeing Duke Nukem make a cameo along side Freddy Krueger, would be cool if they could get Jon St. John and Robert Englund to throw in some token dialouge. There also better be an ET Atari 2600 reference in there somewhere.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the book.
Overall I liked it. Not bad or whatever.

Pilgrimzero

d4zEuv

New image from Empire Magazine.

Adds more evidence the leaked early script draft is accurate. Has got me worried about the film.

Ploid 3.0

Finished the book this week, and I'm glad I read it before this movie (just in case). Seeing that picture is kind of disappointing, especially knowing that I-R0k is some kind of assassin in the movie haha. Oh boy.

Lokimaru

It amazes me people give RPO so much shit how is it any different then Gold Digger another favorite of mine with a ton of pop culture references just like it.

gold_digger_v2_7_17.jpg

Hell he came out with a videogame not too long ago that's basically Final Fantasy Tactics meets Debbie does Dallas. It would have been an insta-buy for me but turn based tactics Games are not my bag.

Then there are the various works of Adam Warren another favorite of mine which are also loaded down with Pop Culture refs.

Don't they say write what you know? Stephen Kings early works always feature writers, why can't Clines works be about Gamers and all the Movies, games, comics and other shit we seem to pack our homes with? I got six Kotobukiya Bishijou statues (Chun-li, Cammy, Juri, Nina, Anna and Harley) dwelling atop my dining table still in their boxes that I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do with yet i'm still buying the Chun-li Battle outfit one when it comes out because DAYUM!
tenor.gif

Lokimaru

I know nothing about the book, and looking at the trailer it is hard for me to judge what I just saw. Sure it looks solid, but Spielberg can be hit and miss these days. It was neat seeing Duke Nukem make a cameo along side Freddy Krueger, would be cool if they could get Jon St. John and Robert Englund to throw in some token dialouge. There also better be an ET Atari 2600 reference in there somewhere.

That's the Freddie from MK9 owed by Warner Bros.

latest

Top Bottom