• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP:

hprotagonist.jpg

Ooooooo! I got a cool cloak/hoodie and a big knife! :D Thanks, Lissar! Looks amazing!

And, what's all the FB exchanging going on? Real Gaf has gone Real life? :O

.la1n

Ooooooo! I got a cool cloak/hoodie and a big knife! :D Thanks, Lissar! Looks amazing!

And, what's all the FB exchanging going on? Real Gaf has gone Real life? :O

Find out what happens when Real GAF stops being GAF and starts going REAL.

dammit Hawkian beat me *shakes fist*

we found out what happens when people stop being real

and start getting facebook

Gaf... the reality show has been realized. Haha.

Indeed, my friend. Most of us are FB buddies now. :p

Hmmm... It is tempting. I've been semi-harassed/stalked before on FB before by a casual friend add, but as you can tell by my going to meet-ups with internet people, I haven't been burned bad enough, it seems. Dare I trust you crazy people? :)

Happy Birthday, btw!

Davedough

Hmmm... It is tempting. I've been semi-harassed/stalked before on FB before by a casual friend add, but as you can tell by my going to meet-ups with internet people, I haven't been burned bad enough, it seems. Dare I trust you crazy people? :)

Happy Birthday, btw!

Just shy away from anyone named James or anyone living in New York with the last name Ng.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I don't think I want to participate in the Facebook lovefest in here. I really only use it as a YT video dump and rarely pay attention to what other people post; I'm sure every single one of you already has enough friends like that.

Not that anyone asked. Haha.

.la1n

Happy Birthday, btw!

I take great confidence in knowing I have a nice group with which to connect with for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

Puddles

Banned

I linked my account on the last page if you decide you want to go with it.

I didn't really appreciate platformers until Ratchet and Clank. While it can be argued that its not really a platformer, it does have a lot of platforming elements.

I did play the crap out of Super Mario Bros2 though

I bought Crack in Time to see what I was missing, but it just didn't grab me.

Just shy away from anyone named James or anyone living in New York with the last name Ng.

Duly noted. :p

I don't think I want to participate in the Facebook lovefest in here. I really only use it as a YT video dump and rarely pay attention to what other people post; I'm sure every single one of you already has enough friends like that.

Not that anyone asked. Haha.

FB is a good way to stay in casual touch/remember birthdays, so it's not super important. Now that I'm pretty much over my scrabble addiction I use it a lot less. Sometimes I photo dump there, but mostly for trips. It has its purpose.

And, you are already being stalked across all social media just for posting in here. Beware. O_O

I take great confidence in knowing I have a nice group with which to connect with for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

This is true. You guys (and a few marines I know in OK) are part of my zombie contingency plan. :)

RPGaf going facebook?

....Good luck with that,

You think it'll go badly? It's not really a step far removed from giving someone your business card these days. Great for contacts and such. With the exception of pictures, I guess, I wouldn't call anything on it very private or revealing in any way.

RawPower

Banned

Happy Birthday, btw!

It's up to you. I mean I didn't budge at first either, being the reclusive guy I am. Plus, I'm kind of a dick on Facebook. :p I don't think anyone here is going to stalk you (at least I hope not), but I'd be careful either way.

Oh, and thanks!

You think it'll go badly? It's not really a step far removed from giving someone your business card these days. Great for contacts and such. With the exception of pictures, I guess, I wouldn't call anything on it very private or revealing in any way.

Who knows. I mean you guys met each other and stuff so it's different. I do think eventually IRC/TC/this thread will probably get less use cause of the migration.

Davedough

Who knows. I mean you guys met each other and stuff so it's different. I do think eventually IRC/TC/this thread will probably get less use cause of the migration.

I dont see it that way. I use FB to show photos of my girls to my family and make small comments that will offend at least one social class out there. Using it for a full on conversational community as this thread/TC/IRC has done just doesn't seem like a viable option to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't see any of us regularly communicating on Facebook versus this thread...

Although, certainly, feel free to message me at any time, you lovely folk

edit: Hey you friended me! I was friended!

I dont see it that way. I use FB to show photos of my girls to my family and make small comments that will offend at least one social class out there. Using it for a full on conversational community as this thread/TC/IRC has done just doesn't seem like a viable option to me.

Yeah for sure. FB really became a family thing for me over the years. 50+ family members and like under 10 or so close friends.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I rarely post on Facebook. And I have no very private information on there. I usually post only if I want to bring attention to something.

Davedough

Yeah I'd have to say the only thing that could possibly cause any offense would be my political / religious views but I think most people are pretty open minded.

I had to do the ole "Unfriend" thing on a guy I knew in High School when I made a simple post that read "RIP Christopher Hitchens" and he posted a long diatribe about how any man who doesn't believe in God is a fool, then started spouting hate scripture and banishing everyone to hell.... he seemed to forget that I'm an atheist. My response was simply "Then, like Mr. Hitchens, I too am a fool and clearly not deserving of being associated with your greatness".

He sent me a message saying that he didn't mean to offend, etc. Whatever. I dont have time in my life for that.

Cool. I'm in. Nothing really to see on mine except extensive food/travel photos. I'd be more political, but haven't had much time lately.

Got you, Raw. Not using your real name isn't fair, yo. :p

.la1n

.la1n, you seem fairly liberal. Does that cause you any problems in Georgia?

it's the bible belt, it cannot be avoided.

I had to do the ole "Unfriend" thing on a guy I knew in High School when I made a simple post that read "RIP Christopher Hitchens" and he posted a long diatribe about how any man who doesn't believe in God is a fool, then started spouting hate scripture and banishing everyone to hell.... he seemed to forget that I'm an atheist. My response was simply "Then, like Mr. Hitchens, I too am a fool and clearly not deserving of being associated with your greatness".

He sent me a message saying that he didn't mean to offend, etc. Whatever. I dont have time in my life for that.

similar has happened to me, it's usually from my hometown where my mom and sis live. ATL itself is very diverse and I rarely run into issues, but they do arise.

Davedough

Cool. I'm in. Nothing really to see on mine except extensive food/travel photos. I'd be more political, but haven't had much time lately.

I'm gonna have to be careful. I've already added Lissar. If I add another pretty woman on my friends list, I'm going to have a long conversation with my wife about how women actually DO enjoy games and there are female participants on GAF.

RawPower

Banned

Punk stage names are not uncommon in my neck of the woods. :D Half of my friends use fake surnames too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm gonna have to be careful. I've already added Lissar. If I add another pretty woman on my friends list, I'm going to have a long conversation with my wife about how women actually DO enjoy games and there are female participants on GAF.
videotape that

Ah screw it

I use this almost entirely for saying "Hey I'm going to this gig", and talking to a couple of people on the shitty chat who don't have MSN

EDIT: That's enough linkage for now!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh man, there is this guy I knew in high school who added me. We were never really friends, but we hung out in the same group. His posts just make me UNCOMFORTABLE. Pretty much all about how much he hates poor people, how he doesn't want to give any of his money to them, bootstraps etc. I would never unfriend anyone, so I just skip his posts :<

Oh man, there is this guy I knew in high school who added me. We were never really friends, but we hung out in the same group. His posts just make me UNCOMFORTABLE. Pretty much all about how much he hates poor people, how he doesn't want to give any of his money to them, bootstraps etc. I would never unfriend anyone, so I just skip his posts :<

Unsubscribe!

RawPower

Banned
There was a guy on my friends list at one point who keeps an entire file cabinet on people he meets. He's also a black supremacist and antisemitic.

Needless to say, we didn't get along.

Sadetar

Excellent. I approve.
Hahah. Darling, what did you actually approve? The fact that it has been my favourite game, the notice that even I have been small and innocent once or actually the sad reality that I am neither small nor that innocent nowadays... or perhaps all of those? :p

If you don't mind me asking- by any chance, are you bilingual?
I surely don't mind you asking, the answering part is a bit harder though. It totally depends how you define the term "bilingual". Finnish surely is my native language and both of my parents were and are Finnish. I haven't also never lived anywhere else but in Finland.

Still I need to add, that I have been in English kindergarten and I have spoke (at least some) English way before I could read or write. Also if I would just talk English with you, you wouldn't most likely even suspect I would be from Finland or even think that English wouldn't be my mother tongue. I have been told I have quite posh English accent (I can't really comment, I don't hear my own accent at all). Also when I switch from Finnish to English I automatically also change the language I am thinking in: When I speak Finnish, I surely think in Finnish too, but if I talk or write English, my thoughts are also in English so I don't really need to translate myself but only type or speak what is in my mind. For example if I need to use Swedish, I don't master the language well enough to do that.

And damn, I don't think you expected me to open up, at least not that long. Hahah. But yeah, I anyways don't consider myself bilingual, even if I can admit that I am quite fluent in English, but when I compare it to Finnish... Well, I am good, but I am far from perfect.

oh and RawPower, my condolences.

80's, sounds like a new model to me :p

Anyway, welcome! :D
Well, "new" is quite relative concept.

Awww. And thank you.

But what is your manufacture year? Please note: if you say anything that comes after '83 then I get to laugh at you.

Also, '83 is the best year \o/
You have thus been given the permission to laugh at me. 1985.

jasonng

Just want to put my two cents.

I'm not oppose to us adding each other on facebook but I really advise you guys to not post a link to your profile for all of the forums to see. Keep in mind that lurkers already have access to what we say here. You may say that you don't have any private information nor do you care if people knew but do know that exposing yourself to a certain extent means lurkers have access to your friends, your wives, your family, etc. Just be careful. Take it to PM, irc, or TC at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom