• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The fuck happened in here! I got watch Hugo and it turns into the Lonely Hearts table!

YOU FELLAS WILL ALL FIND LOVELY GUYS OR GALS IN TIME IF YOU WANT TO.

The truth is modern relationships are convoluted and exhausting and confounding and frequently disheartening, and even when they're great, involve so much vulnerability that feeling like you desperately need to be in one is really just a massive setup for disappointment. Think quality over quantity in the long term.

My advice would be: focus on self-improvement, if only as a distraction, in whatever way you are most interested. You might be surprised how naturally these things can come when you're not obsessing over them.

Damn, it is! :D

Looks like I might be going to Kyoto on exchange this year, if I can afford it. Wheeeeee.
Jealousy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My parents remember this:
January 17, 1977: The pressure gradient between a strong ridge over the Mississippi Valley and a Nor'easter over Atlantic Canada sends very cold temperatures southward into the state. Areas around Pensacola are the first to receive the snow. Then the rest of The Panhandle. Followed by record accumulations for The Nature Coast, the I-4 corridor (both Orlando and Tampa receive light accumulations of about 1-2" with a few isolated spots reportedly receiving 3-6"), and finally South Florida. By early on January 19, West Palm Beach reported snow for the first time on record, with snow flurries reaching as far south as Homestead. The snow causes little impact as it was of the dry variety, though the accompanying cold air results in hundreds of millions of dollars in damage (Orlando tied the 1899 record of over six consecutive nights well-below freezing). On January 20, the Miami Herald reports the event as the front page story, with a headline of a size usually reserved for the declaration of war.

The only significant time South Florida ever saw it. It's like an old wives' tale now... some people in my generation don't believe it really happened.

Puddles

Banned
Always Be Improving.

If you're not getting one step closer to one of your goals every day, you're not doing it right. This could be something as simple as reading a chapter of a book, or practicing an instrument for 30 minutes, or practicing with Photoshop, or doing 30 push-ups. Get yourself to the level you want to reach, and a satisfying relationship will follow.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Always Be Improving.

If you're not getting one step closer to one of your goals every day, you're not doing it right. This could be something as simple as reading a chapter of a book, or practicing an instrument for 30 minutes, or practicing with Photoshop, or doing 30 push-ups. Get yourself to the level you want to reach, and a satisfying relationship will follow.

When you rest, you are a king surveying your estate. Look at the woodland. The peacocks on the lawn. Be the king of your own calm kingdom.

I'm not even mad about being single. What I DO hate is how every female that has ever been interested in me always lives far far away from me.

LLShC.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not even mad about being single. What I DO hate is how every female that has ever been interested in me always lives far far away from me.

LLShC.gif
My longest relationship by far was long-distance for over 4 years. So I feel you there. Although I can't say I really recommend the whole deal.
Hi ^^

Well I can hardly believe it. Snow in Florida? For real??!
Yup.
In South Florida at least once. :p

GuitarPro should have a mind reading feature

Also something I'm happy about is the fact that I still don't really have to shave. I'm not looking forward to the day that I do.

My longest relationship by far was long-distance for over 4 years. So I feel you there. Although I can't say I really recommend the whole deal.

Well if I go to Japan I'll be doing long distance again =/ We got through it last time I suppose... Not really looking forward to that aspect though.

Also, before I forget whether I already did it or not;

Welcome back, Shan!

Thanks Beef :D Hopefully I never get banned again...

Puddles

Banned
I got together with one ex-gf while I was still in Korea my first time. We were basically a long-distance couple for a few months before I got back to the U.S. She was a girl I'd met in college, but it was definitely a long-distance thing for a short period.

RawPower

Banned
I just started a new file in Katamari Damacy. <3

Frat/Bro: "Duuude, don't tell me you like that.....CHINESE shit!"

Raw: "Yes.....yes I do. I love Japan. <3"

You'd think people could tell the difference between China and Japan nowadays... I guess not.

I have like 3 band patches but I don't know where to put them.

*is incredibly tired so just posting random crap noone particularly cares about. OH WELL*

On a bag? On some jeans? On a hat? I have a poncho covered in old girl guide badges, you could do that.

Puddles

Banned
I just started a new file in Katamari Damacy. <3

Frat/Bro: "Duuude, don't tell me you like that.....CHINESE shit!"

Raw: "Yes.....yes I do. I love Japan. <3"

Japan is hit or miss, like every single civilization in the history of the planet.

Kurosawa/Mifune collaborations are definitely one of their high points.

On a bag? On some jeans? On a hat? I have a poncho covered in old girl guide badges, you could do that.

Bag's probably the best bet, but I don't really use my bag that much. My coat has the biggest pockets ever, so there's not really too much point.

The poncho idea is amazing though. If only I had one. I'd be like a punx Clint Eastwood.

leadbelly

Banned
It is 2:16AM.

You're in the 'whatever' category. Although technically you could call it morning. :p

Actually that has always bothered me. Doesn't quite feel like morning as it is usually quite dark at that time. Maybe we should make up a new word for it.

Nightorning

careful

she will cut you
D:

...wait SHIT D:

You're in the 'whatever' category. Although technically you could call it morning. :p

Actually that has always bothered me. Doesn't quite feel like morning as it is usually quite dark at time. Maybe we should make up a new word for it.

Nightorning

I've come up with a system for the mornings of days where you haven't been to sleep yet, where it's a combination of the two days. So like, if it's early Monday morning, it'd be Smonday, Tuesday is Muesday, Wednesday is Tuenesday, Thursday is Wursday, Friday is Thiday, Saturday is Faturday and Sunday is Satunday. And it continues to be that until like 6 or 7ish in the morning, or until you go to sleep.

I was just making fun of ignorant bros.

I meant the ignorant bros too :p

Bag's probably the best bet, but I don't really use my bag that much. My coat has the biggest pockets ever, so there's not really too much point.

The poncho idea is amazing though. If only I had one. I'd be like a punx Clint Eastwood.

Just get a blanket and cut a hole in the middle. You will need to reinforce it so it doesn't unravel. It will give you the opportunity to buy many more awesome badges!

leadbelly

Banned
I've come up with a system for the mornings of days where you haven't been to sleep yet, where it's a combination of the two days. So like, if it's early Monday morning, it'd be Smonday, Tuesday is Muesday, Wednesday is Tuenesday, Thursday is Wursday, Friday is Thiday, Saturday is Faturday and Sunday is Satunday. And it continues to be that until like 6 or 7ish in the morning, or until you go to sleep.

Smonday nightorning.

yeah works well. :p

leadbelly

Banned

You could secretly cut holes in your friend's clothing and then come up with the solution. Create the problem, fix the problem.

Wallach

Good god man :eek: Even on my sleepiest days have I never slept so much.

Not even close to one of my records! When I first got put on amantadine, my doctor was like "pay attention to these possible side effects" (one of which was trouble sleeping) and on the second or third day I was asleep for close to an entire day. Went to bed close to midnight and woke up the next day around quarter to eleven. I didn't stay on it for that long, shit was useless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom