• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Latin had a pretty good run. I mean, where would English be without Latin? We wouldn't have LANGUAGE or COMMUNICATION that's what!
I meant that it was regarded as the intellectual language for so long. Look at all the hubub that was created when the bible was translated to english.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
We went to a restaurant that had ditched their normal menu just for today for an ASPARAGUS ONLY MENU.

We were not amused.

leadbelly

Banned
We went to a restaurant that had ditched their normal menu just for today for an ASPARAGUS ONLY MENU.

lol

Asparagus and what?

How many asparagus dishes can you make?

"I'll have the asparagus please"

"would you like extra asparagus with that!"

"err... yes!"

Lissar

Reluctant Member
lol

Asparagus and what?

How many asparagus dishes can you make?

"I'll have the asparagus please"

"would you like extra asparagus with that!"

"err... yes!"

Well, my German isn't so great so I didn't know what else was served with the asparagus. I actually LIKE asparagus, but having a whole asparagus menu seemed kind of odd. D: The next restaurant we tried ALSO had an asparagus menu, but they still had their normal menu.

Lots of people in the restaurant were very unhappy about there only being asparagus. Did they buy too much for Asparagus Day or something?

Noooo, did I miss some sort of RPGAF party?

Party!? Where!?

leadbelly

Banned
Well, my German isn't so great so I didn't know what else was served with the asparagus. I actually LIKE asparagus, but having a whole asparagus menu seemed kind of odd. D: The next restaurant we tried ALSO had an asparagus menu, but they still had their normal menu.

Lots of people in the restaurant were very unhappy about there only being asparagus. Did they buy too much for Asparagus Day or something?

Yeah. I don't mind asparagus, but a menu specially dedicated to it doesn't sound all that appealing to me at all. I think of it more as an ingredient added to a meal rather than the focus of a meal

Make your own, and you'll never go back.

That's not true -- I still have the cheapo boxed stuff all the time, and I love it tons, but you should still make your own. It's easier than you think, and it's incredibly rewarding!

212549-goemon_notlarge.jpg

Like so?

(Being at work, I just blindly resized and uploaded, so I don't know what it actually looks like)

Emitan

Make your own, and you'll never go back.

That's not true -- I still have the cheapo boxed stuff all the time, and I love it tons, but you should still make your own. It's easier than you think, and it's incredibly rewarding!

212549-goemon_notlarge.jpg

Like so?

(Being at work, I just blindly resized and uploaded, so I don't know what it actually looks like)
But I can't cook at all ._.

But I can't cook at all ._.

Cooking is just adding heat energy to organic material so that living organisms are destroyed but nonliving material has not yet been turned carcinogenic.

It turns out that you can just throw a bunch of things together and just make it go in the over for the amount of time they tell you, and BAM!

I even accidentally cooked a perfect set of chicken cutlets by forgetting it in the oven until it smelled like bacon. It was amazing.

edit: "BAM!" means that you come out with a satisfactory result, not that the meal literally explodes

I think one of my biggest musical disappointments is how there was never really any good rock based hip-hop. I mean we've got what, Missing Link by Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Dinosaur Jr, a few Run DMC and Beastie Boys songs (a lot of which weren't even that great), and that's about it, unless we count mashups. And mashups are exactly what makes me think this is such a HUGE missed opportunity. I mean, just listen to this, or this, or this and tell me that you don't see the potential for just amazingness.

leadbelly

Banned
I was wondering what the hell was funny about it. The gif didn't load straight away. :p

I suppose it would be a good defence against a sex attacker. :D

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Slow day today. D:

Today was awful because I had a dream I worked at Valve. Then I woke up and realized I DO NOT WORK AT VALVE.

Also, my dad discovered a dead guy. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom