• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

I'm thinking of getting a new phone, I'm still using an old Motorola Razr flip phone :[ I'm thinking of switching to virgin mobile, their payLo system. 30 bucks a month, no contract. the minutes and texting is plenty but its only 30mb of web access. i won't be using it too much for web, can anyone tell me how much that actually is in terms of real world usage? how many megs do you chew up browsing GAF?

I'm thinking of getting a new phone, I'm still using an old Motorola Razr flip phone :[ I'm thinking of switching to virgin mobile, their payLo system. 30 bucks a month, no contract. the minutes and texting is plenty but its only 30mb of web access. i won't be using it too much for web, can anyone tell me how much that actually is in terms of real world usage? how many megs do you chew up browsing GAF?

30MB is an extremely small amount. I get 200MB, and I usually turn my data connection off unless it's strictly necessary.

That said, you have the option of using m.neogaf.com and then turning images and avatars off. That'd help a lot.

dralla

yea that's what I thought. still a really good deal, will probably get it. wont be browsing much, if at all. i just need to know if I can switch plans at any time, say if I know i wont be using my phone a lot during a specific month, switch to the 20/month plan for the month, than switch back to the 30/month when i need it. i think i can, isn't that the whole point of no contract? that would definitely seal the deal for me.

mmm for 5 dollars more am month I get unlimited text and web, but only 300 minutes. decisions!

yea that's what I thought. still a really good deal, will probably get it. wont be browsing much, if at all. i just need to know if I can switch plans at any time, say if I know i wont be using my phone a lot during a specific month, switch to the 20/month plan for the month, than switch back to the 30/month when i need it. i think i can, isn't that the whole point of no contract? that would definitely seal the deal for me.

mmm for 5 dollars more am month I get unlimited text and web, but only 300 minutes. decisions!

Do you get just 300 minutes or 300 daytime minutes plus unlimited nights and weekends?

dralla

I think I've decided on T-Mobile. I compared all the pre paid plans and they have the best for what I need. they have 2 different 30/month plans, one is 1500 talk and text, the other is unlimited text and web w/ 100 minutes talk. they also have a 15/month plan thats unlimited text and 10cents/minute for phone calls. between the 3 i get the most flexibility, they also have some slick phones. Samsung Gravity looks pretty good, touch screen and keyboard, hmm. Samsung Dart too, cheaper and much more memory

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I personally tend to assume that everybody with a real girl avatar is a girl and everybody with a cartoon girl avatar is a boy. Probably my '90s-influenced misandry at work.

edit: Also Billie Piper, a la Who-GAF.

Sadly most people who have girls in their avatars are guys. :< A lot of girls here still don't want to talk about being female also. D: I always do a cheer when I see another girl around. I wish more would post in our GirlGAF thread.

Headachey this morning. :<

Hey leadbelly :( Sorry steam was messing up last night, so I couldn't talk to you properly. I could read everything you sent in at one stage, but not write out. It was so frustrating =/

Anyway, to answer your question my favourite Australian animals are:

Bilby
bilby.jpg

Platypus
platypus.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet
220px-Rainbow_lorikeet.jpg

Not as famous or popular are kangaroos or koalas, but they are surely the best.

I read a lot of English books as a kid, so things like badgers (as I mentioned), hedgehogs, foxes, otters, squirrels and stuff were really exciting and foreign to me (still are). We have rabbits and deer but since they were introduced most people just try to kill them off ;.; American animals like beers, moose, wolves, and hamsters seem pretty exotic too.

I personally tend to assume that everybody with a real girl avatar is a girl and everybody with a cartoon girl avatar is a boy. Probably my '90s-influenced misandry at work.

edit: Also Billie Piper, a la Who-GAF.

:p sorry

Actually, I think most of the people with photos of girls are guys.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Also:

I read a lot of English books as a kid, so things like badgers (as I mentioned), hedgehogs, foxes, otters, squirrels and stuff were really exciting and foreign to me (still are). We have rabbits and deer but since they were introduced most people just try to kill them off ;.; American animals like beers, moose, wolves, and hamsters seem pretty exotic too.

Beers are not often seen in the wild in the US, only in captivity.

And, are hamsters in the wild in the US? Certainly not in my area, but I don't know about other places. Not something I've heard of.

They totally are :D

No, I haven't :( What is it?

I thought FOR SURE given the animals you named that you had read Redwall. It's a series of books about talking animals in a medieval setting. It's great and I recommend it, especially the first six books (the series kind of drops off after that.)

leadbelly

Banned
Hey leadbelly :( Sorry steam was messing up last night, so I couldn't talk to you properly. I could read everything you sent in at one stage, but not write out. It was so frustrating =/

Ah okay. I did wonder about that. At the bottom of the chat window it tells you when people are writing something. I noticed a few times it showing as you writing something but nothing showed at all. I recall something similar happening to a friend once when I was speaking to him. That's why wondered if it happened to you.

Bilby
bilby.jpg

Platypus
platypus.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet
220px-Rainbow_lorikeet.jpg

That Rainbow Lorikeet is beautiful. It is amazing how vibrantly colourful some animals are. I always wanted a parrot when I was a kid. A Macaw. I think it was probably watching pirate movies as a kid or something. I always thought it would be cool to have one. They live for years as well.

I like the platypus simply because it is so strange. It is like a duck crossed between an otter and whatever else creature :). When one was first sent to the UK people thought they were fake. You can see why.

Not as famous or popular are kangaroos or koalas, but they are surely the best.

I must admit, the koala is one of my favourite animals. It has got to be one of the cutest animals in the world. I just love the way they hug you when you hold them. Of course that is mainly what they do in trees. It still looks really sweet though. Kangaroos are cool too.

I read a lot of English books as a kid, so things like badgers (as I mentioned), hedgehogs, foxes, otters, squirrels and stuff were really exciting and foreign to me (still are). We have rabbits and deer but since they were introduced most people just try to kill them off ;.; American animals like beers, moose, wolves, and hamsters seem pretty.

Yeah. It seems weird to me that anyone would think of British animals as 'really exciting'. I'm so used to them though so they lose their appeal that way. Hamsters are bred in the UK too. They come in all sizes.

Thanks shan. I was actually curious of your answer. :)

Emitan

Well if it is a regular girl on the pic then it might actually be a girl... if it is some cute hot Korean or a barely legal Disney star then it is probably a guy.

Didn't you know I'm a K-Pop star~?

EDIT: Yeah, Redwall! My favorite has always been Salamandstrom.

Davedough

haha... lots of things have been going down recently...

Got in trouble at work for browsing the interwebs too much.

Have a very promising lead for a job back east that I fly back for an interview for next week

Have been kind of taking a break from all things interwebs to enjoy being unplugged for a while.

Have been getting back into reviewing video games, so time has been spent doing that.

It's good to be missed though =) Lets you know people care.

dralla

fuck man, damn outlet stores near me are too good. I always end up buying stuff I don't need. picked up this shirt for 13 bucks off clearance, originally $40. there was this jacket also on clearance, only 1 left and it just happened to be in my size.. but i restrained myself! now I kinda wish I had gotten it, it was pretty dope!

dsc01268xnufq.jpg

my beard looks extra crispy. should've gotten a haircut too

RawPower

Banned
Australia has the most unique and diverse fauna in the world. My favorite is still the kangaroo, although the Rainbow Lorikeet is awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom