• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

oh my fuck, i logged into my t-mobile account and I'm 113 texts over my text limit. im not a big texter until recently. i really need to get a new phone and plan. im leaning towards the samsung dart, 30/month t-mobile pre-paid plan.

anyway :[ tonight was my night out with the girl I met online. it started off kinda crappy, mainly due to me being nervous. but once we started eating it went a lot better. the sushi I had was sooo good. It was called the green dragon, it's eel, avocado, some other things, served with a spicy sauce on top. im definitely going back to try some more.

dralla

not really salty, more spicy than anything. it was really good though, i can still smell it on my hand. they had a lot of good looking things on the menu, im a sushi newbie so it all looked good to me.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I haven't really been in a fantasy reading mood for the past two years, though I kept reading it out of habit... but now I suddenly find I REALLY want to read some fantasy.

Luckily, I have a fantasy backlog of like 350 books, so I'm set.

The shitty thing about drinking to avoid thinking about stressful things is that those stressful things are all you can think about when you're sobering up.

It's like trying to run away from someone on a merry-go-round.

funny, drinking has always made my feelings come to the surface...it never has covered them up or made me forget...

Also, I will go to sleep with dreams of Kark's specialty's service and his Japanese hooker dungeon.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The shitty thing about drinking to avoid thinking about stressful things is that those stressful things are all you can think about when you're sobering up.

It's like trying to run away from someone on a merry-go-round.

Don't run away from your problems! D: Especially with drink.

Also, I will go to sleep with dreams of Kark's specialty's service and his Japanese hooker dungeon.

What.

dralla

whats the best deodorant? i use old spice now because it smells good but its not the most effective, i seem to sweat a lot :[

AcridMeat

Banned
I've just been listening to Feeder's newest album.

It's not bad but...I really miss old Feeder :(

DO DODO DOOO, DO DODO Dooo, DO DODO DOO, DEW DODO Dooo.

This is such a guilty pleasure song.

edit: I've been using this Dove deodorant recently because it smells like soap. And deodorants aren't supposed to stop you from sweating, just cover the smell. Anti-perspirants are the anti-sweaters but those aren't good for you because of aluminum or something?

leadbelly

Banned
whats the best deodorant? i use old spice now because it smells good but its not the most effective, i seem to sweat a lot :[

I like 'Sure Men'. Some are better than others, but I generally find the fragance fresh and not too overpowering. It has that 'just-been-in-the-shower' smell. I have actually had people ask me what deodorant I use.

The one I am using now is called 'invisible ice'. The original is nice too. Just a really fresh smelling deodorant.

Guilty in how often I'd play it. So feel-good even though it kind of lays out the problems I have had.

It's funny how it was originally a B-Side and barely anyone could've heard it, but it's one of their big 2 now.

In other news, decided I'm finally going to the doctor's tomorrow morning for the ADD thing. I am nervous. Not sure why, because the most that'll happen is I'll get referred to a psychiatrist for the diagnosis.

dralla

yay, got my new phone. samsung exhibit II, and a sweet red case

I will say TMobile has the worst customer service ever, i couldnt keep my number. i was on the phone with this lady for an hour, she was fucking hopeless and just hung up on her and kept my my new number

Im gonna use it as an MP3 player too and wanna add a 32gb card, any difference between classes? is it worth it paying more for faster ones? Im looking at the class 4's on amazon

RawPower

Banned
Yeah, I think that's the last political thread I ever do. Haha.

Then again, I can't help being passionate about stuff, or sticking up for what I believe in.

I got a bunch of perlers done today.

This is one of them!

y1dUk.jpg

It looks way better in person. For some reason the light really likes to bounce off the eyebrows.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I got a bunch of perlers done today.

This is one of them!

y1dUk.jpg

It looks way better in person. For some reason the light really likes to bounce off the eyebrows.

Everyone is doing this.

I am not nearly crafty enough for this (in either sense.)

I guess this is a better way to keep your mind off of things than the other way! D:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I also got a Setzer, a Terra, and half of an Ultros going.

Oh Lissar, I saw this online earlier and thought you might find it heartwarming.

5qZ8v.jpg

You only choose the best characters! Now you need a Celes.

And that was so sweet. :3 At first I was thinking, "57? Old!" and then I remembered my dad is 58 and not really that old. Oops.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
From Neil Gaiman:
Do you prefer a book that makes you laugh or makes you cry? One that teaches you something or one that distracts you?

Yes.
Wait, do you think those things are exclusive? That books can only be one or the other? I would rather read a book with all of those things in it: a laughing, crying, educating, distracting book. And I would like more than that, the kind of book where the pages groan under the weight of keeping all such opposites apart.

I ruv you Neil Gaiman. These kind of books are my favorite kind of books, which probably explains why I like his stuff so much.

I never got to suplex that train because I didn't think suplex would work on a train.

Hatin' Beef.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's a train! Why would I assume you could suplex it?

It's a game! You should assume you can do anything until proven wrong.

This is what I've learned from adventure games. JUST BECAUSE PUTTING THE RUBIES IN THE HONEY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE DOESN'T MEAN THAT'S NOT THE ANSWER.

It's funny how it was originally a B-Side and barely anyone could've heard it, but it's one of their big 2 now.

In other news, decided I'm finally going to the doctor's tomorrow morning for the ADD thing. I am nervous. Not sure why, because the most that'll happen is I'll get referred to a psychiatrist for the diagnosis.

WELL THIS DIDN'T WORK. THANKS FOR OVERSLEEPING ROB.

Also yes, nonsensical games > sensible games

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Is that pronounced Neil gay man?

Is that his real name?

Well, stress on the first part, not so much on the second. I have no idea if it's a pseudonym or not, but I don't think so.

*checks* Seems not. In fact, it says this about his father:

"David Bernard Gaiman (1933 – 7 March 2009[1]) was head of the UK branch of Church of Scientology."

... I could have been happy not knowing this. Even though I would assume Neil is not involved, it's kind of like when I found out another favorite author of mine fully believes in homeopathy. (Except it doesn't actually make Neil less awesome, just... I don't know.)

leadbelly

Banned
Well, stress on the first part, not so much on the second. I have no idea if it's a pseudonym or not, but I don't think so.

*checks* Seems not. In fact, it says this about his father:

"David Bernard Gaiman (1933 – 7 March 2009[1]) was head of the UK branch of Church of Scientology."

... I could have been happy not knowing this. Even though I would assume Neil is not involved, it's kind of like when I found out another favorite author of mine fully believes in homeopathy. (Except it doesn't actually make Neil less awesome, just... I don't know.)

Yeah. It would be hard to think he hasn't had some involvement in the cult/religion considering his father was head of the UK branch.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yeah. It would be hard to think he hasn't had some involvement in the cult/religion considering his father was head of the UK branch.

Well, he says he is about as involved in it as he is with Judaism, meaning that it's what he grew up with even if he doesn't believe himself.

But aliens.

Aliens guys.

leadbelly

Banned
Well, he says he is about as involved in it as he is with Judaism, meaning that it's what he grew up with even if he doesn't believe himself.

But aliens.

Aliens guys.

Ah okay. I wonder if he had a good relationship with his father. Scientologists can be really funny with outsiders. Must have been strange knowing his father had this whole other life he kept secret.

ZeroRay

I also got a Setzer, a Terra, and half of an Ultros going.

Oh Lissar, I saw this online earlier and thought you might find it heartwarming.

http://i.imgur.com/5qZ8v.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Aww.

Good job TGC for doing what you set out to do. Hopefully Journey spurs on more games of that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom