• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
Hey, we get snow! Just not in the subtropics where i live :p This is what happens when your country is so big.

In more mountainous regions? I think I've read a post of yours where you mentioned this. That kind of doesn't count though. :p

Not sure what the weather will be like this year. It's amazing how cold these last 4 winters have been. Up until the last 4-5 years it hardly ever snowed. The climate is always changing though. I remember it being mentioned on QI that there was snow every Christmas for first 8 years of Charles Dickens' life. That is probably why white Christmases are a consistent feature to his stories. It was in a much a colder climate period around 1550-1850., known as the 'Little Ice Age'. Interestingly, there was only 4 white Christmases in the entire 20th century.

If the current trend keeps up though, there is a good chance of snow this year.

Australia is too big, I suggest we split it up in four smaller countries.

Then everything will make sense again (and we'll switch around your timezones as well).

There is only a small percentage of the land that is good to live on though. Most of Australia is desert.

.la1n

So, I was having dinner with my girlfriend yesterday and reminded her I'd be out of town for the next two weeks. She made the comment "oh, I thought we wouldn't have to be apart anymore."

I think she's gotten spoiled being able to travel with me. Feel like she's becoming overly attached. I have tried to have conversations with her about it but it seems she is just really really insecure. Said she has dreams a lot about us breaking up or me leaving her.

You guys think I should try to stick it out? She's a great person to be with otherwise and I keep thinking she just needs more time to get comfortable. It's been like 9 months now though and I still find it difficult to get space :|

You guys think I should try to stick it out? She's a great person to be with otherwise and I keep thinking she just needs more time to get comfortable. It's been like 9 months now though and I still find it difficult to get space :|

Have a conversation about it. Do not start with "we need to talk" (though you could and everything might eventually be positive in comparison to that infamous opening).

This conversation will not be the happiest thing in the world, since she will indeed think you're trying to break up with her or that the relationship is otherwise doomed. There is no helping that. If you stay together, either she gets over the clinginess or you're unhappy. If this leads to a break up, you get space. It's ultimately win-win for you in the long run, though you're going to take your lumps in the short term one way or the other.

.la1n

Have a conversation about it. Do not start with "we need to talk" (though you could and everything might eventually be positive in comparison to that infamous opening).

This conversation will not be the happiest thing in the world, since she will indeed think you're trying to break up with her or that the relationship is otherwise doomed. There is no helping that. If you stay together, either she gets over the clinginess or you're unhappy. If this leads to a break up, you get space. It's ultimately win-win for you in the long run, though you're going to take your lumps in the short term one way or the other.

Thanks Crude. Same thoughts I was having but sometimes I like to see what others have to say. Isn't going to be fun but you are right, it means I will be happier in the long run. I know she's had issues with guys in the past and I've tried to be sympathetic to that but they aren't me and I feel like I've had to suffer for it.

Nice!

I got Snapchat tonight! I had no idea it wasn't just for sexting, but my friend showed me some stuff to convince me, so I sent her a video of her cat locking itself. If anyone wants to Snapchat, lemme know.

Hoooooooooooooooooooly shit this is hilarious.

Just found a submission on one of those "fucking nice guys" Tumblrs.

Submitted by my friend.

With a Facebook post from someone we used to be friends with.

EDIT: DAMNIT NETFLIX WHERE IS MY BREAKING BAD

Acid08

Banned
I've become a legit Vin Diesel fan. It's kind of a sad but liberating feeling. No longer do I have to ironically like his movies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've become a legit Vin Diesel fan. It's kind of a sad but liberating feeling. No longer do I have to ironically like his movies.
Before Elysium there was an interview with him in the theatre. I've been a Vin Diesal fan. Now it feels okay to be one.

Can't wait for the new Riddick movie.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Where'd yall meet up?

If I was there, myself and SA would've gleefully had a conversation none of you would understand.

Can't believe I missed out on this

It was up in Atlanta anyway. We went to the World of Coke with Pau AND IT WAS TOTALLY ADORABLE.

Also, speaking in other languages is awesome. I suppose then Pau and Kark would have spoken in Spanish, and then I'd have to speak Japanese by myself like a loser.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So I'm in Bali atm. Fuck it's humid. My hair is basically flattened down in pigtails to prevent fluffy horrid hair. On the plus side I've bought some cool shit. Got a wedding on Saturday which will hopefully be alright assuming the bride gets over her chest/ear infection... She's super drugged up atm. Also there's too many kids here but the 2 littlest ones are adorable.

I just want to stop sweating D:
On the plus side I didn't burn today. But it's only day 1 of 10 so I still have plenty of time to turn into a beetroot haha.

What's everyone else up to?

Hey dudes, would anyone be interested in a tinychat meet up sometime? It'll be hard to coordinate but I'm sure we can work something out.

Ah Bali...I have some weird memories of that.

I had an amazing time there once I got out of Kuta :p

Hope you're having fun Lucian~

Chuckie

Yeah I remember Kuta.... Club 66... me being in a bad mood (which was a direct result of being in Kuta) and just sitting there minding my own business...when some girl stand behind me, grabs my hair and starts grinding her lady parts on the back of my head.
I assume a prostitute. I was like...da fuq.

Did hook up with a hot sundanese girl that night. Stole her from some douche. Serves him right..he was from Amsterdam.

But yeah... non-Kuta Bali is better. Although I strongely prefer Lombok and Sulawesi.

Lucian Cat

Hey dudes, would anyone be interested in a tinychat meet up sometime? It'll be hard to coordinate but I'm sure we can work something out.

I'm staying in canggi. It's pretty nice. But very straining with the bf. We've been here 30 hours and already the issues have come back up. Lordy I have another week stuck here with him. Pray for mojo

ZeroRay

It was up in Atlanta anyway. We went to the World of Coke with Pau AND IT WAS TOTALLY ADORABLE.

Also, speaking in other languages is awesome. I suppose then Pau and Kark would have spoken in Spanish, and then I'd have to speak Japanese by myself like a loser.

Imagining Pau being in Coke World is almost scary.

Haha. I know like 4 words and one full sentence in Japanese.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Lucian Cat

Deep breaths! Communication!
Feed him to large monitor lizards
Dont tempt me! Alas I'd probably be up for murder then never get get to go home and be stuck in this hellish humidity. It's 2am and I'm still sweating my
faux
balls off D:

Woke up. Can't sleep. Bf is snoring. Maybe I should smother him and say it's SIDS... Haha joking. Or am I

.la1n

Yeah I'd be up for tinychat just PM me when you guys figure out when.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah I'd be up for tinychat just PM me when you guys figure out when.

Well, I'm definitely up for it even if it is just a few of us. I think it would probably be best for me on the night. That would be best for you as well. I think for shan that would be in the morning though, so I'm not sure if that is best for her. Maybe on the weekend it would be.

.la1n

Yeah I know with Shan's time zone it's always been interesting trying to get everyone together. Week days I won't be able to get on real late but week ends I can get on just about any time of the day with some notice. Do we still have the same tinychat / password ?

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah I know with Shan's time zone it's always been interesting trying to get everyone together. Week days I won't be able to get on real late but week ends I can get on just about any time of the day with some notice. Do we still have the same tinychat / password ?

No idea. I can't even remember the url for that chatroom.

Depending on the week, sundays for me are okay, or even monday morning (sunday night in the US iirc).

Top Bottom