• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

OuPhs7U.jpg

Well, Lucian? It's waiting!

Davedough

Ok so... if you want games, you should go and just get the Humble Bundle that EA is doing. 1 because their charity is the American Cancer Society which affects me personally, but 2, because we're talking $5 US dollars for some quality games. www.humblebundle.com

If you want to be a cheap twat, then I offer you... the RealGAF user the chance at some codes that I don't need. Most are on Origin but one is on Steam, depending on which ones I've used and I have no idea if they work internationally or anything. Its free, ok.

So, if you want ONE of the following... don't be greedy. PM me and I'll reply with a code. I cant promise getting back to you right away because.. life.

Origin:
Dead Space 1
Burnout Paradise
Crysis 2
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Populous

Steam:
Dead Space
(I used the rest)

No one eh?

leadbelly

Banned
Was the song "all by myself" playing in the background ;)

Don't give up lead, I'll join ya this weekend as long as I'm not working. What time works best for you? I'm on EST.

Might as well have been. :(

Well, what time works best for me, might not work best for you. I will go on if people are up and wanting to go on. It will no doubt be late on the night for me.

Would be nice for someone to PM me one night.

No one eh?

I have all these games. You need some better games to give away Dave.

Acid08

Banned
Anyone have Code of Princess on 3DS? Picked it up on a whim since it's on sale on the eShop and is made by Atlus/ex-Treasure guys. I guess it's supposed to be the spiritual sequel to Guardian Heroes. It has 4 player online co-op but no one is playing it anymore :(. It's pretty dang fun though so some play it with meeeeeeeeeee!

.la1n

Might as well have been. :(

Well, what time works best for me, might not work best for you. I will go on if people are up and wanting to go on. It will no doubt be late on the night for me.

Would be nice for someone to PM me one night.

I have all these games. You need some better games to give away Dave.

I'll shoot you a PM next time I can get on

.la1n

Anyone have Code of Princess on 3DS? Picked it up on a whim since it's on sale on the eShop and is made by Atlus/ex-Treasure guys. I guess it's supposed to be the spiritual sequel to Guardian Heroes. It has 4 player online co-op but no one is playing it anymore :(. It's pretty dang fun though so some play it with meeeeeeeeeee!

Damn missed this post. Was thinking of picking it up because I enjoyed Guardian Heroes. I also seem to recall a game with Princess in the title that was available on the Sega Saturn that looked almost identical to this but memory fails me. How is it?

Acid08

Banned
Damn missed this post. Was thinking of picking it up because I enjoyed Guardian Heroes. I also seem to recall a game with Princess in the title that was available on the Sega Saturn that looked almost identical to this but memory fails me. How is it?
It's pretty fun. The writing is funny and well voice acted. Tons of playable characters for co-op and versus. I think the figure is more than 50 characters. It's slower than Guardian Heroes but the combat requires a bit more strategy and some of the combos are super ridiculous and fun to figure out. I'd say it's worth the $20.

.la1n

It's pretty fun. The writing is funny and well voice acted. Tons of playable characters for co-op and versus. I think the figure is more than 50 characters. It's slower than Guardian Heroes but the combat requires a bit more strategy and some of the combos are super ridiculous and fun to figure out. I'd say it's worth the $20.

I will probably get it but it will have to wait until after Diablo III, going to give the PS3 version a spin since they removed the auction house.

leadbelly

Banned
It's my brother's girlfriend's mother's birthday today (lol) and I've been asked if I want to come to the meal. Well, it seems more like I have been pressured to go :/

I guess I get a meal out of it though.

leadbelly

Banned
The meal weren't bad in the end. I had a 16oz burger. lol

I didn't eat it all though. There was one bite left, but I flapped it. I don't know, that last bite seemed ominous to me, so I backed out of it, and we went our separate ways. :/

My brother's dog is such a beast.

Not sure if you can tell just how big he is in that picture, but he is about as big as a lion. It's like walking around with a fucking lion on the lead. lol

I didn't eat it all though. There was one bite left, but I flapped it. I don't know, that last bite seemed ominous to me, so I backed out of it, and we went our separate ways. :/
*shakes head in disappointment*

I once had a triple burger burger, called The Juggernaut. Ate all of it. Then felt a bit like death.

Totally worth it.

zon

My brother's dog is such a beast.

Not sure if you can tell just how big he is in that picture, but he is about as big as a lion. It's like walking around with a fucking lion on the lead. lol

Is he bigger than a Great Dane? Kind of hard to see how large he is in the picture.

leadbelly

Banned
*shakes head in disappointment*

I once had a triple burger burger, called The Juggernaut. Ate all of it. Then felt a bit like death.

Totally worth it.

lol

Yeah, I hate being too full. It makes me feel a bit sick.

Is he bigger than a Great Dane? Kind of hard to see how large he is in the picture.

Well, it's how you define big really. He's not as tall as a Great Dane, but is more muscular than a Great Dane. He is actually a Bullmastiff X Rottweiler. I'd say in size he is closer to a Bullmastiff, but you can kind of see the Rottweiler in his face. His head is a little different to a purebred Bullmastiff. That;s what my brother wanted though.

Here's a picture of a purebred Bullmastiff:

bullmastiff504.jpg

So, as someone who has no real ability to do anything outside of programming to a level that is required for a job, but who really doesn't give a shit about programming, what's my best way forward? Having to apply for jobs and go to interviews and shit is depressing as hell when it's not something you want to do and you have to fake enthusiasm for, but I have no idea what other options I have.

Blarg. Help.

.la1n

So, as someone who has no real ability to do anything outside of programming to a level that is required for a job, but who really doesn't give a shit about programming, what's my best way forward? Having to apply for jobs and go to interviews and shit is depressing as hell when it's not something you want to do and you have to fake enthusiasm for, but I have no idea what other options I have.

Blarg. Help.

Only two options that I know of, go back to school to earn a different degree or apply for things that do interest you that aren't programming and hope they will give a chance to someone who has zero experience in the field. Don't feel bad I'm in the same boat.

Help me Real Gaf ;.; the bogans just got our very own George Bush elected.

He's already got enough dumb quotes to make up a calender and he was only elected last night.

"No one, however smart, however well-educated, however experienced, is the suppository of all wisdom."
"Bad bosses, like bad fathers and husbands, should be tolerated because they do more good than harm."
"I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons."
"I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak."
"What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…"
When told by a soldier that said soldier's friend had died: "I guess shit happens."
On the Syrian crisis: "It’s not goodies versus baddies, it’s baddies versus baddies."

Schadenfreude, is my opinion as an American.
I lived under Bush and Schwarzenegger (California), so there is that.
In all honesty, people are really invested into their opinions as fact and no matter how much you try to engage and persuade, to them it comes as a personal attack.

He's already got enough dumb quotes to make up a calender and he was only elected last night.

"No one, however smart, however well-educated, however experienced, is the suppository of all wisdom."
"Bad bosses, like bad fathers and husbands, should be tolerated because they do more good than harm."
"I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons."
"I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak."
"What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…"
When told by a soldier that said soldier's friend had died: "I guess shit happens."
On the Syrian crisis: "It’s not goodies versus baddies, it’s baddies versus baddies."

So you guys have a King of Macedonia now, eh?

leadbelly

Banned

Look on the bright side... I don't think Australia has any nuclear weapons. He isn't going to accidentally launch a missile when he puts his coffee on the red button or somethng. So, there's that!

Have a chat with us every now and then just so we know you're safe though. :p

So you guys have a King of Macedonia now, eh?
hahaha, I totally forgot about that.

Look on the bright side... I don't think Australia has any nuclear weapons. He isn't going to accidentally launch a missile when he puts his coffee on the red button or somethng. So, there's that!

Have a chat with us every now and then just so we know you're safe though. :p

lol, that is definitely a plus. He is going to extreme efforts to piss off Indonesia though, which is slightly concerning.

leadbelly

Banned
lol, that is definitely a plus. He is going to extreme efforts to piss off Indonesia though, which is slightly concerning.

Perhaps you should build a bomb shelter just to be on the safe side... :p

At least he doesn't look like a nerdy school boy. Which is what we would have as a Prime Minister if ever Ed Miliband came to power. lol

o-ED-MILIBAND-SMILE-570.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
My god, that is the most British looking man I have ever seen.

lol

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly a British person looks like. :p

He is British, but he is also ethnically Jewish. And his brother is actually a pretty good looking guy. Hillary Clinton has got the hots for his brother, David Miliband. lol

david-miliband_2130273b.jpg

What the hell at the bolded.
What the hell at everything.

D:

leadbelly

Banned

You know the most worrying thing about that is she once described me as looking very British. So does that mean I look like Ed Miliband? :/

Ed-Miliband-460x276.jpg

I wonder what Japanese gamers think of the PS4 releasing in February. It seems so weird that a Japanese console manufacturer is releasing their console in Japan months after everywhere else. Especially considering that historically Japanese consoles have always released there first. Not a shit load they can do though when there aren't any Japan-centric games ready for November.

I recently bought a morning coat off e-bay and I realized that I'm probably going to have a hard time ever finding more stuff like that over here. I need a British shopping buddy to buy stuff for me and mail it over here....unless the shipping cost is the same as if i bought it anyway

.la1n

I recently bought a morning coat off e-bay and I realized that I'm probably going to have a hard time ever finding more stuff like that over here. I need a British shopping buddy to buy stuff for me and mail it over here....unless the shipping cost is the same as if i bought it anyway

You just reminded me I left my favorite jacket ever at my ex girlfriends house and will now probably never see it again :(

leadbelly

Banned
...now I'm wondering how British I look.

Yeah. Being judged on a scale of 1 to 10 on my Britishness would be terrifying.

All beautiful smiles. I don't see what the problem is... :p

Well show us your morning coat then. :p

I could help you out maybe. I would be worried about it not reaching you though.

Top Bottom