• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore DE Details Revealed (Reduced Load Times, 2 New Overworlds, 10 Dungeons + More)

Shiggy

It was ace! Love how tricky it is :D

Eh, horses for courses.

Right when I was done with all the platforming and thought "yay, now I can stop playing", I still had all those enemies lol
At least they were lower levelled than those in Shifting Sands.

After that I wanted something more relaxing and went for the race to find the second dungeon in Starving Sea. I entered the arena dungeon then, got the upgrade, and then headed back to Shifting Sands. But there enemies are level 34 now and also killing me :D

The east gate of Shifting Sands (leading to Lonely Basin) is probably the best location to level up your bot. Lots of high level enemies.

Tomorrow I'll definitely have to continue with the main story now. Of course, only unless I encounter some sand storms. But I really need to get the final bot to reach all area in the overworld.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Amazon Germany now has the DE at 20€ instead of 40, so I have just ordered it, together with Lucky Tale. This is a good year on Xbox for me.

Amazon Germany now has the DE at 20€ instead of 40, so I have just ordered it, together with Lucky Tale. This is a good year on Xbox for me.

Would love to know if all of the new content is on disk. Still looking for a decent UK deal aswell.

DrLazy

So on my windows 10 PC I open the windows store and search for recore. Can't find it. I do see its soundtrack.

I search in the games for Xbox category. Not there, although I might grab killer instinct.

Microsoft I want to give you money. Please let me

Roboculus

Okay, so I finally finished the tower (still haven't gone to the new area yet) but I really liked what I played.

Yeah, the game's still kinda janky and the combat could be fleshed out more but I definitely enjoyed my time with this. They have a solid foundation here for a sequel if they ever get the chance to make one.

Starting to see why it's possible they took so long with T8-NK, with boost + jump off you can cover some distances I'm pretty sure your not suppose to able to do this early:

Nice, a lot of the fun of the original for me was getting to places you weren't meant to with a combination of Elder Scrolls jumping up mountains and the glider bot.

Keinning

Okay, so I finally finished the tower (still haven't gone to the new area yet) but I really liked what I played.

Yeah, the game's still kinda janky and the combat could be fleshed out more but I definitely enjoyed my time with this. They have a solid foundation here for a sequel if they ever get the chance to make one.

microsoft isn't exactly subtle when they want to bury a franchise and never do anything with it again

all this effort to "fix" ReCore probably means they still have plans for it

J_Viper

Try restarting your computer or go to settings-apps-apps and features-recore-advanced-reset.

Tried that, but no dice.

I'll try to install it again later. Or maybe I'll just wait till I get an X and play it there

EDIT: Re-installed, but it's still not working

Great job, Windows Store

Sygma

Don't worry you ll get to use all the combat subtelities in the new area lol. Don't forget to put Seth in T8 NK for an easier time y'all

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
so what's the situation with this game? i was able to download it without paying the other day and was able to play for more than 30 minutes. i ended up uninstalling it because A) don't have time for another game B) i feel bad for not paying for it. if i do play it again i'll buy it.

did we get it for free or was it just a demo?

sam777

so what's the situation with this game? i was able to download it without paying the other day and was able to play for more than 30 minutes. i ended up uninstalling it because A) don't have time for another game B) i feel bad for not paying for it. if i do play it again i'll buy it.

did we get it for free or was it just a demo?

Just a store mistake that has since been fixed.

Shiggy

Well, I did it. I finally decided to do the Warren and get the final dungeon. The weapon add-on from Starving Sea was helpful for the enemies with chrome armour. After that I did some more stuff in the overworld as I could reach new area with the new bot; even discovered a level 35 enemy in the Lonely Basin area.

With 52 cores now, I'll start Eden Tower next.

Novocaine

Back in the thick of the game I remember now that I hate the idea of not being able to use all of the bots on the fly. Especially when I'm trying to collect everything and realize I need the spider when I don't have it. Makes for needless busywork.

I kind of hope that in next game you can carry them all rather than just two.

Also I just beat the Warren again and it was just as cool as I remember.

Shiggy

How can I remove the radiation in the enemy field in Eden Tower? I just barely managed to finish floor 2, and now on floor 3 there are even more radiated enemy boxes. The game's definitely not becoming easier :D

Colbert

Banned
How can I remove the radiation in the enemy field in Eden Tower? I just barely managed to finish floor 2, and now on floor 3 there are even more radiated enemy boxes. The game's definitely not becoming easier :D

Kill the caterpillars or the bosses. Killing bosses by core extraction also fills up your life to a huge degree. if you still have issues you may need to find more health upgrades.

I just spent about 10 minutes loading the game and more trying to load into it and then even LONGER going through a single door. I decided to play it on PC considering it keeps crashing my X1, but wow the load times are redonkulous.

Other than that, I really like this game. I hope they make a sequel in UE4.

This game would look amazing in UE4.

blakep267

I guess I never really explored the game last year. There are a bunch of dungeons on the fringes of maps that I ever really looked for.

I remember last year being discouraged at the thought of getting 40+ cores. But if I would've explored I could've done it easily

Just bought this. I enjoyed the trial I played a while back and have hovered over the BUY button a few times since but the 'fixed' load times tipped me over the edge :)

Nabs

What were load times like on PC before this update? It's so bad I don't even want to start it up.

Colbert

Banned
What health level would you suggest?

I don't remember how many health upgrades I had but I guess it was between 15 and 20. I am not sure. (I did all this last year for the most part but I had my issues too on level 3 which I just played 2 days ago).

Sygma

Got the 2nd weapon upgrade today, missing 12 cores to access the Foundry. Did some dungeons I haven't bothered with on the original, didn't go back to shifting sands yet, hope the new dungeons in that area are giving cores !

peppers

I just beat one of the dungeons in The Craddle, Assembly I think it's called. The first time I got the key and the eight switches but I didn't manage to beat every enemy in time (it's a combat focused dungeon), so I tried again.
The second time, after a frantic combat, I managed to have like 14 seconds to spare but I had one missing switch that I couldn't find. I literally just crossed the finish line by dashing backwards while shooting at the switch with one second left.
This game.
Bonus screenshot:
UuV20fD.jpg

PaulloDEC

Spent a couple of hours over the weekend back in the original map areas cleaning up some crates and prismatic cores (quite a few of which must've been newly added). Really like the idea of sandstorms revealing new areas, which kinda hearkens back to the very first trailer.

I'm now level 31 and back in the Starving Sea. This is a cool-ass area.

KageMaru

This may have been answered already but how do I enable HDR on the PC version? With games like RE7 and Shadow Warrior 2, there is a toggle switch in the options but I don't see anything like that here.

Playing through the game for the first time and I have a question about the dungeons and the available chests at the end. I did the Brood Hive, and at the end I had doors unlocked that gave me the two cores for the dungeon, but there were two other doors that were blocked off with chests and a chest in the middle of the final room blocked by a beam of light around it. Do I need to complete all the optional objectives for to get all of them? Or is it something else?

Playing through the game for the first time and I have a question about the dungeons and the available chests at the end. I did the Brood Hive, and at the end I had doors unlocked that gave me the two cores for the dungeon, but there were two other doors that were blocked off with chests and a chest in the middle of the final room blocked by a beam of light around it. Do I need to complete all the optional objectives for to get all of them? Or is it something else?

One door is for beating the time limit, one is for finding the yellow key, one is for eight red switches. You have to get them all in one run to get that middle beam of light. If you only get one or two you get those doors open though.

topplehat

So does this game actually look better on the Xbox One now (when compared to the original release)? I keep seeing "increased resolution" but I don't know if they are talking about future One X support.

Shiggy

I don't remember how many health upgrades I had but I guess it was between 15 and 20. I am not sure. (I did all this last year for the most part but I had my issues too on level 3 which I just played 2 days ago).

So in the end I just needed a break after finishing Eden Tower floor 2. Floor 3 and 4 ended up being easier than floor 2 for me. I'm enjoying the platforming in Eden Tower much more than the fighting (probably because it's easier ;) )

How many prismatic cores does the game have in total? I am at 60 cores now and at level 37. I believe sandstorms are only triggered once you start with the Eden Tower floors, at least for me they only popped up now.

Against all odds, I like the game and once it's out at retail, I will buy it. I can't keep my Xbox offline forever ;)

Theorry

So does this game actually look better on the Xbox One now (when compared to the original release)? I keep seeing "increased resolution" but I don't know if they are talking about future One X support.

No on normal Xbox One also. Dont know about resolution but the textures look alot better.

Spent a couple of hours over the weekend back in the original map areas cleaning up some crates and prismatic cores (quite a few of which must've been newly added). Really like the idea of sandstorms revealing new areas, which kinda hearkens back to the very first trailer.

I'm now level 31 and back in the Starving Sea. This is a cool-ass area.

Looks great, I bought the game about a week back. Haven't loaded it up yet cause I'm trying to wait to play it on the X but this screen alone is making it hard.

Downloaded this on Saturday on PC, I'm absolutely loving it. Great fun, great graphics, love it. Definitely one of the most fun games I've played all year

sKiTz

Well I finally installed my game from the lovely collectors edition with the giant statue that was on sale a few months back (they were practically throwing them out at EBGames)

I held off because I liked what I saw when the game released but read all about the load time issues etc, so thought I'd hold off until a major patch was released.

Well glad I waited for the DE update, it looks glorious in HDR on my Xbox One S.

Having a blast, I'm not very far in but have enjoyed what I've played so far, its not perfect but it's definitely fun for someone who grew up on platformers. I really like getting to places occasionally that your probably not suppose to by using jump and dash, or a rock/ledge etc. Combat is simple, which I don't actually mind and the environments are pretty interesting. I really like Mack by the way.

I really hope we get a fleshed out sequel as this world needs to be explored more. Quite surprised so far...

blakep267

I want a sequel as the world is terraformed around the player :(
Probably. Joule goes back to sleep and sets the bots to terraform far Eden and she awakens hundreds of years later and everything is forest. Also corebots have also adapted to more jungle traversal.

Beegeous

I've got a few hours left on an auction for the base game for £5. Was intrigued by it back in the day because of the Metroid Prime staffers but the initial issues put me off. Fingers crossed its th game that was promised after the update.

Top Bottom