• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

Theorry

:)

Greetings Far Eden Adventurers,

Thank you very much for all the comments, likes, shares, and general feedback about your experience playing ReCore during the past week. We’ve enjoyed seeing your first impressions of ReCore and welcoming many more of you into the community. The more, the merrier!

With that said, we want you to know that we’ve been listening closely, and the number one thing you’ve mentioned you’d like to see improvements on is load times. We heard you, we appreciate your patience, and we have good news!

An update will be released this week for Xbox One and Xbox One S that will improve load times on those platforms. Keep in mind, some areas may continue to take more time than expected to load because they are larger zones, but we hope this update improves your overall experience traveling through Far Eden.

http://www.recoregame.com/update-recore-load-times/

Phazon

Anyone having issues with reinstalling Recore on pc?

I tried to move it to another hard drive, but it gave me an error code, so I removed the program/app. When I wanted to redownload it however, the page of Recore says 'buy the game' again. When checking the library, the game is completely gone.

I tried to see what the buying option would result in, but after filling in my password it bugs and resets again to the buying screen.

When looking the game up on my xbox one, the game is still there and can be redownloaded without any problems?

dLMN8R

I'm curious how this will work since this is an XPA title. Will a Windows 10 update become available when the Xbox One update is? I'll have to keep an eye on this and see.

Updates don't always need to be in sync, especially for a game which doesn't have any multiplayer.

Does the PC version have the same load time issues as the Xbox version?

Urg, Christ. One
floor
to go and I need to be lvl 28. I've done almost all of the side dungeons )two left that I haven't been in) and just messed around killing stuff and I've still had to grind at the endgame here.

Shouldn't really have to do this.

You don't actually have to be that level. I went in at level 26 and did just fine.

Updates don't always need to be in sync, especially for a game which doesn't have any multiplayer.

Does the PC version have the same load time issues as the Xbox version?

That was my thinking. But since the PC doesn't really have load time issues and the Xbox does, I wondered why the post about the update they gave doesn't mention the platform.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I discovered a portion of the map I hadn't explored before, it's in the west. I have to cross a big swamp to get to it though, seems impossible without an extra robot upgrade. If so, where do I get it?

Just spent a couple of hours exploring the overworld, only 2 extra cores found. Now 37. I don't feel like replaying dungeons, I keep thinking I should find enough going through earlier areas, but it's not a big success so far.

jrmanimal

Loading times will be patched? Oh yeah! This is a godsend, the loadings are by far the most annoying thing in my experience with the game. I think I'm going to wait to keep playing. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, even if the game is far from perfect. I have around 21/22 cores and I'm at level 19...I'm just collecting the cores I can to proceed the story. I think I'll have to grind a bit later to get to level 28 for the end-game. I hope it's not very tiresome.

Zedox

I discovered a portion of the map I hadn't explored before, it's in the west. I have to cross a big swamp to get to it though, seems impossible without an extra robot upgrade. If so, where do I get it?

Just spent a couple of hours exploring the overworld, only 2 extra cores found. Now 37. I don't feel like replaying dungeons, I keep thinking I should find enough going through earlier areas, but it's not a big success so far.

It needs the T8-NK frame that's not available yet. I can't wait for the DLC (better be free man) with the T8-NK frame and more dungeons.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
...oh this game...

I hit a mental glitch on the final boss, Victor Reborn!

Got his health all the way down. Tried extracting his core a couple of times (while using Mack and Duncan to Lethal Attack him). Failed the first try, but then nailed it the second time...but his core just wouldn't pop out! even though I had the weight on the line all the way down at Joule's hand (like, it literally couldn't go any further, I'd won the tug of war!)

Eventually it failed me again, and the fight continued, but Victor got stuck in a loop! He was resistant to all my ammo colours, my Combos, Lethals and Charged attacks all did nothing (because his health was at nothing) and he kept spamming his attack that turns the screen black and white if it hits you.

I kept going for a while, but it just never gave me another chance to extract his core, and I couldn't do any damage, and his health was at zero anyway. I think if I'd kept on going, the fight would have just went on and on in an infinite loop until the end of time!

Eventually I quit out, reloaded the game and started the fight again. Thankfully everything went ok that time, I snatched the core right out of him and finished up the story.

Honestly though, despite this, despite my last couple of posts bitching about it, despite it's shit-the-bed endgame, it's long-ass load times, it's glitches and rough edges...I think I still kind of love ReCore. There's good stuff to be found while playing it, and it's sooooo damn good that I kind of just forgive everything else :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It needs the T8-NK frame that's not available yet. I can't wait for the DLC (better be free man) with the T8-NK frame and more dungeons.

Oh ok thanks. Another question though. I'm in an another tucked away area, filled with black crystals you can climb. There are lots of spiderbot tracks and I need to find 3 corebots, all high up. However I can't for the life of me figure out how to get high enough to track them down. I've been in this small area for ages. You unlock the 'repository blitz' dungeon here.

edit, here:

Pv7eM4i.png

I see platforms and spider tricks high up, but I can't reach them even with flying.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
As you enter the area, to your left are spider tracks. Use those to get to the top of the tower, iirc.

I tried that and thought I could reach a far off platform, but I never made it. I'm sure there's an easy way I just overlooked. I found a way in by somehow ending up on top of the rails. Also unlocked another dungeon, at 44 cores now. Contrary to what I first thought, I'll definitely be finishing the game as soon as I get 45. I'll post more final impressions, but the exploration really put the shortcomings of the game to light imo.

jond76

Banned
I know I'm way behind but the Boltcutter is kicking my ass! I get him down to nothing then he hits me with an electrical attack and kills me in two hits.

OK. Played about 30 minutes with the update. When I booted up the game, load times to the logo screens was long as was the load up to the title screen. Seemed all was the same as before.

Loading into my last save state took a little while, but didn't seem as long as before. Did a platforming section that has quicksand below it and you have to use Seth to traverse around winding, climbing paths along with using boost and jump to get ever higher to that precious goal of a prismatic core (so fun by the way, real sense of accomplishment making it to the top). Died a few times by dropping into the quicksand. Game immediately loaded up to the last place I stood safely whenever it happened.

Next, went into the dungeon right nearby that area. Forget the name now. Load time was reasonable. Died in the second room due to fire ... ahhh ... dash ... dash .. dash. Anyway, loaded back up in probably 15 seconds top, much quicker than this morning when I played and died in a similar dungeon.

Overall, I think the load times are improved after you die. But loading up new areas, while not as long, are still a little long though tolerable.

SilentRob

Oh ok thanks. Another question though. I'm in an another tucked away area, filled with black crystals you can climb. There are lots of spiderbot tracks and I need to find 3 corebots, all high up. However I can't for the life of me figure out how to get high enough to track them down. I've been in this small area for ages. You unlock the 'repository blitz' dungeon here.

edit, here:

Pv7eM4i.png

I see platforms and spider tricks high up, but I can't reach them even with flying.

I think I kind of bugged myself up there...but I'm not really sure since I'm often not entirely clear on which platforms and slopes are supposed to be climbable and which aren't. Anyway: When entering the area you have a few grindrails you can use Seth with. They are up in the sky but you can reach them. Use those and you will essentially get one story up. From there go around the corner (you should now be on the face of the wall you faced when you entered the area) and you can see a platform above you that is sloped down. You can't reach it, however. But in front of the platform that's hanging down there's a small...thing sticking out the wall. I have no idea if it's supposed to be climbable, but it is. You can jump on that and from there on the hanging platform.

It's weird. And probably not the intended way. But it's the only one I found.

Novocaine

Glad they are supporting the game post release and fixing the load times. I'm going to put the game on hold for now and restart after I'm done with Forza and Gears in hopes there will be a few more game improving patches.

I've really been enjoying the game, I stumbled into the
Victor
boss fight and left it there.

I think my main complaints so far are that you should be able to take all of your bots at once, and there should be enough cores to fill all the frames.

And that it's a real pain in the ass to run around and scavenge cores without a minimap or waypoints.

But in the grand scheme of things those are two small/fixable problems and the surrounding game is just great.

Teggy

I think I kind of bugged myself up there...but I'm not really sure since I'm often not entirely clear on which platforms and slopes are supposed to be climbable and which aren't. Anyway: When entering the area you have a few grindrails you can use Seth with. They are up in the sky but you can reach them. Use those and you will essentially get one story up. From there go around the corner (you should now be on the face of the wall you faced when you entered the area) and you can see a platform above you that is sloped down. You can't reach it, however. But in front of the platform that's hanging down there's a small...thing sticking out the wall. I have no idea if it's supposed to be climbable, but it is. You can jump on that and from there on the hanging platform.

That was the way I got there originally, but you can go on top of the tall tower in the rear of the area (there is a chest up there once you climb it) and then boost-hop-hop-boost and use Seth to get on a rail which will take you along the top. I believe that's the expected way to do it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That was the way I got there originally, but you can go on top of the tall tower in the rear of the area (there is a chest up there once you climb it) and then boost-hop-hop-boost and use Seth to get on a rail which will take you along the top. I believe that's the expected way to do it.

Ooh I thought that as well, but I couldn't make the distance to have the Seth prompt appear. Now I realize what I did wrong: no boost before the double jump. I keep forgetting you can do that to cover more distance. Yep, that's definitely the intended way then.

I kept trying to reach that slanted platform as well, but never made it. Didn't notice that small platform you mentioned. I somehow ended up on one of the spider rails, I was so relieved to finally make it to that dungeon.

Teggy

Finished the game up this evening. Xbox time is 23 hours even though game save time is only 15 hours. I definitely thing the longer time is more correct.

I think plenty has been said about the structure of the game and I'm pretty on board with that, but the platforming and exploring was very good and there's a lot of promise there.

The other thing that bugged me about the tower was that it supposedly kicked off huge storms on the planet, and there's a huge sense of urgency, but the game kind of expects you to come and go even after that part of the game.

Heh, that's a classic gaming narrative issue.

'THE WORLD IS ENDING, but oh, before you sort that, do you want to finish up some side quests?'

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Loading fix incoming?

cee-Zar be praised!

I don't get it though.

If you FALL to your death, respawning is near instant. Why do other death types incur a minute or 2 of loading?

Why can't all deaths be near instant if falls can? Makes no sense.

Heh, that's a classic gaming narrative issue.

'THE WORLD IS ENDING, but oh, before you sort that, do you want to finish up some side quests?'

True, but this sort of exasperates it by forcing the issue thanks to the semi-required grinding.

So, hours later, I still love this game. It's got issues, to be certain, and I wouldn't say no to a Definitive Edition patch that fixes stuff, adds the TN-K8 content, and gives some general QoL improvements, but I'm happy with what I got for my money. Game got mugged by reviewers, imo. Hope it sells well enough to justify support and a sequel.

I don't get it though.

If you FALL to your death, respawning is near instant. Why do other death types incur a minute or 2 of loading?

Why can't all deaths be near instant if falls can? Makes no sense.

Falling doesn't reset enemies, traps, platforms, etc. It's literally just moving you back to the nearest safe* point. Doing that with combat deaths would remove any kind of penalty from dying.

If I went into this game with the expectation of stopping as soon as it got to the grindy shitty part, how long could I expect to play it? 5 or 6 hours?

I'm very jealous of you, guys. I don't own a PC capable or running this game or an Xbox One. This game ticks all my checkboxes even after fully knowing it drops the ball near the end. And I'm sitting here knowing I'll never get to play it. At least not for a long time.

Happy to see it got a patch that shortens load times. I wished this game had a longer cooking time.

Ricker

If I went into this game with the expectation of stopping as soon as it got to the grindy shitty part, how long could I expect to play it? 5 or 6 hours?

Around 8-10 hours I am pretty sure because I think you cant just do the story part quests because you will hit a wall and it will be too hard...people realise this at Boltcutter...

If lets say you end at Boltcutter...and what your definition of grind is...there's a lot of dungeons with extra sidequests in them and all,so it could be double that.

Boltcutter is only hard if you haven't got the levels. I did it first time. I wasn't grinding, I just didn't main the story missions and do nothing else.

The game needs better structuring, but I didn't mind it much because actually playing and exploring was a lot of fun. More signposting would reduce the needless frustration though.

I'm very jealous of you, guys. I don't own a PC capable or running this game or an Xbox One. This game ticks all my checkboxes even after fully knowing it drops the ball near the end. And I'm sitting here knowing I'll never get to play it. At least not for a long time.

Happy to see it got a patch that shortens load times. I wished this game had a longer cooking time.

Not sure of your PC specs, of course, but I'm running this on a PC with the CPU below the minimum spec as listed on the game's page in the store. I have all the settings turned up, too, aside from the resolution because my monitor is old and it runs great. So you never know.

My PC is as follows:

CPU: i3-2120
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: 8GB
Monitor Max Res: 1440 x 900 (so under 1080p)

PaulloDEC

Boltcutter is only hard if you haven't got the levels. I did it first time. I wasn't grinding, I just didn't main the story missions and do nothing else.

The game needs better structuring, but I didn't mind it much because actually playing and exploring was a lot of fun. More signposting would reduce the needless frustration though.

Yup, I've had no issues with any of the bosses, but I've been doing loads of exploring and side activities. Nothing I'd consider grinding though.

Anyway, I'm at 37 cores and my next task is the second level of the Tower. The confrontation with
Victor
was kinda laughable given how dramatically the story falls off the map towards the end of the game, which was a shame. Everything started out so well, but by the end it's just:

Victor: "I am evil robot! I will win!"
Joule: "You will not win evil robot, I will win!"
Victor: "Fight me!"
Joule: "Okay."

No motivations explained, no subtlety, no buildup. Pity.

It becomes pretty clear towards the end that they ran out of either money or time. Probably both. The core (haha) gameplay doesn't suffer too much, but the storytelling and pacing both take a big dive.

I still love this game btw.

pots555

Just got it based on some streams and positive impressions on this thread. Can't wait to try it out more this weekend.

Found a bug trying to get a prismatic core while exploring. It's one where you have to find six corebots within an area and have them go into the floating device (under the arch of rock) to get the core. Found five and took them back. Tried finding the sixth for a little while but couldn't. Figured I'd try finding it later. Just happened to walk past the floating device area and the device was no longer there. Next time I play, I'll see if it has returned.

jrmanimal

Level 24, 47 prismatic cores and just beat the third floor of the Eden Tower. Now I'll grind to finally beat the game! Problematic but overall a good experience. It totally needed more time of development.

PaulloDEC

19 hours and 48 Prismatic Cores later and I'm all done. I think I've got maybe two dungeons left on the map that I've not attempted yet, but otherwise I think I'll call this one finished.

Loved it, to be honest. It's absolutely a flawed experience, but it still hit all the right notes for me.

I don't expect we'll see a sequel, but in a world where Gravity Rush 2 exists, I'll hold onto a little hope. I'd love to see the developers get a chance to fix the bits that didn't work and build on the foundation they laid down here.

Sydle

Anyone else getting really long loading times on PC now? I've put 15 hours into the game and this is the first time I'm getting loading times over 15 seconds. They're now closer to a couple of minutes.

FYI, it looks like the @ArmatureStudio & @RecoreGame accounts are still soliciting and responding to feedback, on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ArmatureStudio/status/779436673113272320
09/23/16: Thanks for the feedback - it's taken into consideration for future use!

https://twitter.com/ArmatureStudio/status/780483717575827457
09/26/16: Thanks for the feedback, we are taking it all into consideration.

https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/780489882703507456

09/26/16: Thank you to everyone who's given us feedback. We're still here and we're listening closely to your responses!

Also, some representative feedback posts, from earlier in this thread:

Do folks think it would be worthwhile to create/compile some constructive criticism/feedback from this thread (or elsewhere), and shoot a message to Staten & Company? Here's a start, if something like this hasn't been done already...

Good idea. From the top of my head...

Great post, really hope the Recore pub/dev team will take a look at some of these issues you've outlined. Some other suggestions from folks earlier in the thread, perhaps worth putting into this mix...

...I love this sort of game. I wish it had been given more time or whatever it needed to iron out some of these issues...

...But you can't switch the frames. If you don't have a core in the flyer and come across a vent then you'll have to go back to the crawler and swap in a core from one of the other bots...

pots555

Loving the game. A joy to play and finding cores is super fun. But, my main problems with it:

1. Long, long load times when you die or enter a new area. This is getting on my nerves. I don't know how you guys dealt with them before the patch. It must have been awful.

2. Having only two bots with you. This decision is truly stupid. Please, for the love of God, give us access to all of them from anywhere on the map.

3. I know it must be just me, but I cannot make the time limit in some dungeons. I'm just not fast enough or I don't want to do the same one 10 times in a row.

Aside from those, surprising little game.

I have to say, most concerns I had from pre-release footage have proven out to be unnecessary.

1. graphixxx: I think they're good enough (Bone here)
2. framerate: it's mostly good, though there are times it dips like the economy
3. shooting mechanism (autoaim): the battle isn't about how good you shoot, it's more about evaiding
4. damage notifications (and stuff happening in the HUD): they just blend in with the action
5. animations: nothing disruptive here
6. clunkiness: the controls are spot on, but the camera has some issues
7. tediousness: I had a feeling this game would be dull and boring to play. But it's not. It's quite the opposite. Controls, platforming and exploring make the game feel fun. It reminds me of Darksiders and that old Transformers game (I don't even know why) for PS2. Sure, ReCore has stuff that feels shallow and there might be things that could've been made better. But I'd buy a 40 €/$ sequel day 1.

derFeef

I can't play the game on PC. In the menu when I press A or ENTER it does nothing - just sitting there despite recognizing the button press, as the prompt flickers a bit.

Lazaro

I can't play the game on PC. In the menu when I press A or ENTER it does nothing - just sitting there despite recognizing the button press, as the prompt flickers a bit.

just keep pressing "A"/Enter, I think it's a sign-in related bug.

munroe

edit, here:

Pv7eM4i.png

The way I did it is:
Take the spider track in the left corner from the entrance. At the end of the rail where your radiation meter starts to fill you launch of and be moving towards the central building.
Don't attach yourself to the next track, instead double jump and boost so you're standing on top of the rail then just walk around.

Top Bottom