• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

Quantum

- I pre-ordered the game
- read the review thread and got nervous.

- now about three hours in and I'm loving it.

I like the atmosphere, like the feel of the jump/jump/glide mechanic - seems *very* easy where I am, but enjoying the ride.

I've only played it on the one so far but am going to d/l it on my win10 machines to see the difference.

Recently I've been almost exclusively steam but in the past week I've just pre-ordered three xbox games.

(destiny/recore/FH3) - very excited for the next couple weeks.

Sydle

Cavern Rush pissed me off this morning. I fell at the very end (the easiest part)...and I had 5 seconds left. SO PISSED. And I missed one red switch. I'll have to go back and do the damn thing. That was on my first try too.

Protip: Dash off ledge, you can double jump and dash again if you do so. Also, the arrows on the platforms try to tell you to dash off of it to make it easier. I've watched streams where people did not notice that.

Thanks for the super helpful tip. Not sure how I missed that tutorial, but this should make a few platforms more manageable to reach.

Xumbrega

Banned
The fuck is this game? I expected a good game, not an awesome one ;).

Stocked so far, game is really fun, very responsive gameplay as well.

Hell yeah just received a code from my friends of Xbox Mexico can't wait to play and upload the game!

BTW Does anyone know what's the resolution and framerate of the Xbox One version?

Oh man, I just got Seth and it feels like the world has opened up a lot more.

Seriously, I get where reviewers come from when critizicing the game, but no chance this is a 2/10 like some of the sites claim it to be.

Glad I stuck with my gut on this one.

Vic_Viper

Need help from someone with the PC version. How do I find out where the file is located on my PC. I cant seem to find it by searching for it and google didnt seem to help.

Menitta

Ok, I'm gonna keep my purchase. I was gonna return it, but after seeing all these really positive posts, I'm gonna play it.

How is the Xbox One (OG) version?

Thats exactly what I felt for maybe an hour or 2

Your review actually almost scared me off from it but 3 hours in and im really liking it, however ill see if I agree with you when i hit the ten to fifteen hour mark. First impressions and such

Took me longer to beat bolt cutter than any dark souls boss. I can't believe I'm loving this game. I purchased it to see how bad it was supposed to be. Runs great on my pc too.

This feels a lot like the AA TPS of last generation. If you go in with low expectations, you'll be pleasantly suprised despite a clear lack of polish and budget.

Reminds me a lot of Binary Domain, actually. I'd say it's worth the price of admission.

Ok, I'm gonna keep my purchase. I was gonna return it, but after seeing all these really positive posts, I'm gonna play it.

How is the Xbox One (OG) version?

No major hiccups, the known problem of long loadtimes shows here and there but other than that I've had a smooth experience

Oh man, I just got Seth and it feels like the world has opened up a lot more.

Seriously, I get where reviewers come from when critizicing the game, but no chance this is a 2/10 like some of the sites claim it to be.

Glad I stuck with my gut on this one.

Seriously i playing though and wondering how the hell someone scores this a 3/10. Its either that person doesn't understand how the numerical system works, or they have a vendetta. I mean, a 3 out of 10 basically says this is unplayable and/or one of the worst games EVER.

No major hiccups, the known problem of long loadtimes shows here and there but other than that I've had a smooth experience

The long loads can be real after a death (one so far), and loading into zones/dungeons is a drag also, but the framerate sticks pretty close to 30. There are times when you can tell its in the high 20's, but its no worse than the Witcher 3 for me so far.

Sydle

Okay, took me a few tries to get all the switches, yellow key, and beat the timer in Cavern Rush all in one go. Felt good to unlock all the chests and then I thought about how this is only the first challenge dungeon and they must get harder from here on out.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I activated my code, but I can't even install it. I keep getting a 'page not found' error in the Windows store :( I can look for ReCore and see the thumbnail, but the actual page never loads.

Karak

Your review actually almost scared me off from it but 3 hours in and im really liking it, however ill see if I agree with you when i hit the ten to fifteen hour mark. First impressions and such

Well you know how I roll. I just explain my experience as well as I can but the end result is much less important. And funfactor is decidedly hedgy. But by 3 hours I was already easily growing tired of the repetitiveness and level design. So you have better tolerance already than me:)

I activated my code, but I can't even install it. I keep getting a 'page not found' error in the Windows store :( I can look for ReCore and see the thumbnail, but the actual page never loads.

You need to be on the windows 10 anniversary update to be able to access the page and install the game.

Here's an article on how you can get it. there was another link a couple pages back as well, if this doesn't help - https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/02/how-to-get-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You need to be on the windows 10 anniversary update to be able to access the page and install the game.

Here's an article on how you can get it. there was another link a couple pages back as well, if this doesn't help - https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/02/how-to-get-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

I suspected as much, but hoped this wasn't the cause. I'll have to manually trigger the update then, didn't get it normally yet. I've held off on that update because I heard some bad things about it. But I really want to play this game, so I'll cave.

Menitta

The long loads can be real after a death (one so far), and loading into zones/dungeons is a drag also, but the framerate sticks pretty close to 30. There are times when you can tell its in the high 20's, but its no worse than the Witcher 3 for me so far.

Ok, I can deal with that.

Played the first boss and back in my base and I think this is a fantastic game. Not sure what the reviewers problems were as the loading times didn't seem that bad and sometimes nothing new in terms of features or mechanic (core pulling tug-a-war may be new but feels familiar) is good news.

In terms of story, it's kinda refreshing not seeing any zombies, soldiers, or aliens as the main enemy or related to the story. Also, I'm already enjoying having Mack the mechanical dog at my side and really looking forward to continuing my recore journey with him. Controls were very tight and responsive with my xbox one controller and didn't have any lag when fighting baddies or the boss.

What's more, it runs much better than I thought on my dell xps w/ i7 skylake with the Nvidia 960m video card set on high and at 1920x1080. Mind you I have it set at 30fps max and I do experience stuttering during the in game story sections. But for the gameplay part, there were no issues.

back to the reviewers, not sure about anyone else but I'm finding that game reviews online is become worse than movie critic reviews. Maybe its time neogaf has a review section just for gaffer game reviews with a unique scoring system and easy for users to find a game.

my advice, for 40 bucks (US)/50 bucks in Canada, its a no brainer if you games like mega man/Metroid/or tomb raider. what's even better is that you get the pc & xbox one version.

maxcriden

Very glad to hear such positive impressions. What does the platforming "feel" like in the game?

Hm, and, it seems unfortunate there's no demo for this one. Seems like one where a demo could help positive word of mouth.

Only a couple hours in, but the game is great so far. Controls are tight and responsive, and I enjoy the platforming sections a lot. Not sure why it reviewed so poorly, then again I'm not that far yet. Supposedly the later portions of the game drag a lot.

.hacked

love the game so far, exploring so I can upgrade my dog bot.

s5iiFoF.jpg

Man this game would be amazing in HDR.

I bought it on my Xbox One digitally, so how do I access it on PC? I'm signed in to my account, but I can't access the game - it's telling me to purchase it again.

BiggNife

So is it possible to use the Steam overlay in Windows 10 games yet or is it still not properly implemented despite MS promising it 4 months ago?

Kinda want to try this on my SteamLink (no Xbone) but it needs to be in my Steam library.

Zedox

So is it possible to use the Steam overlay in Windows 10 games yet or is it still not properly implemented despite MS promising it 4 months ago?

Kinda want to try this on my SteamLink (no Xbone) but it needs to be in my Steam library.

No.

Very glad to hear such positive impressions. What does the platforming "feel" like in the game?

Hm, and, it seems unfortunate there's no demo for this one. Seems like one where a demo could help positive word of mouth.

The controls are really tight, I was surprised because it looked floaty and terrible when watching clips but when you're playing you land pretty much where you want to. Platforming might actually be fun which isn't something I often say in a 3D platformer.

I just shifted over onto the Xbone after starting on PC, no problems with syncing my game save. This Play Anywhere stuff is legit.

That's strange, it should say "You own this product" and give you the option to install :/

o6GcX7K.png

I bought it on my Xbox One digitally, so how do I access it on PC? I'm signed in to my account, but I can't access the game - it's telling me to purchase it again.

Make sure you are logged in on the Windows store using the same account that purchased the game on your Xbox. Also, be sure to have the Anniversary update installed for Windows 10. Should just work if all that is correct. It did for me anyway.

Make sure you are logged in on the Windows store using the same account that purchased the game on your Xbox. Also, be sure to have the Anniversary update installed for Windows 10. Should just work if all that is correct. It did for me anyway.

Yeah, I think that's the problem. My Xbox Live account is an @yahoo email account, and the Windows 10 store won't let me add that account. I have a different Windows store account on PC. I may be screwed...

Anniversary update already installed.

El Sabroso

Yeah, I think that's the problem. My Xbox Live account is an @yahoo email account, and the Windows 10 store won't let me add that account. I have a different Windows store account on PC. I may be screwed...

Anniversary update already installed.

if the yahoo mail is already an account you used to purchase in windows 10 store that is actually a microsoft account and can be used on Xbox consoles, Windows PC, office, or any other MS product with the same account, check adding that account to the store app in the pc, also sign out from the xbox app to change to the other account which you used to buy the game

if the xbox account you have it currently on a console, just be sure the mail is exactly the same, even check for any typo being there

Top Bottom