• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017, PS4/XB1, Trailer 10/20 @ 11 AM EST) announced

What will ultimately anger people the most about this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Doesn't rockstar usually announce games for september and then push them to april
When was the last time that happened? Last time with GTA V it was supposed to come out in Q2 2013 and then got pushed to September. If anything, I'm guessing Rockstar already looked at that and made the conscious decision that September is the perfect time for them to hit.

robotrock

Banned
When was the last time that happened? Last time with GTA V it was supposed to come out in Q2 2013 and then got pushed to September. If anything, I'm guessing Rockstar already looked at that and made the conscious decision that September is the perfect time for them to hit.

Yeah, baking in the delay would be neat

Interesting! Personally, I'd prefer October and feel that is more likely/makes more sense.

The sooner the better!

If the game is done, polished and ready to go - with no bugs or glitches and they've been just polishing and troubleshooting it for the past year or so [assuming they've been working on it since 2012 or before] - then like I said, the sooner the better!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
red-dead-redemption-2-release-date.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/29/red-dead-redemption-2-release-date-confirmed-by-polish-retailer/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ffs pls stop bumping this thread with stupid retailer release dates...

jeffram

I wondered about that too. I figured they were just speculating or else they might have edited it.

Yeah, I didn't want to just assume this is some bombshell. Was thinking maybe there was some red dead re-release or it getting BC on xbox that I didn't know about, or maybe speculation. Thought I'd just point it out to see what everyone thinks.

KirstyGTAF

Neo Member
Set in 1914 with the one and only Jack but we go back in time to experience linear multiple protagonist missions about John?

I don't think this sounds legit in any shape or form.

Nah, don't believe it. I don't understand why Rockstar would market that portion of the game if it's not the main. Main theory still holds, first trailer voice is protag 1, and the man to the far left on the key art. Other two are twin guns, and the Native American.

Jack was a vehicle to finish Johns story, and the finalization of the fall of the west. It makes no sense having him return. Red Dead Redemption is a story about the end of the Wild West, it only makes sense to go backwards. To the point that continuing that story kinda tarnishes it.

Fakest thing I've seen since that "Dev map" that got shown around here last year.

Set in 1914, flashback scenes of John and the gang because jack is reading his father's journal. You can ride Zebra's??? Are Zebra's common in western America? Must have been imported from Africa.

Yeah... either the game is about John and Dutch etc and set in 1800's or it isn't. You can't have a whole game of flashbacks and then claim the game is set in 1914 because Jack is the one reading the story.

Nah, don't believe it. I don't understand why Rockstar would market that portion of the game if it's not the main. Main theory still holds, first trailer voice is protag 1, and the man to the far left on the key art. Other two are twin guns, and the Native American.

Jack was a vehicle to finish Johns story, and the finalization of the fall of the west. It makes no sense having him return. Red Dead Redemption is a story about the end of the Wild West, it only makes sense to go backwards. To the point that continuing that story kinda tarnishes it.

Yep agreed with the bolded. Plus from what we've seen of the RDR2 media, it all looks a good deal 'older' than what we saw in RDR. RDR comes to a close in Blackwater, a town with automobiles and a prevalent federal government, but the media we've seen from RDR2 doesn't show any primitive automobiles or anything like that, which RDR ended with that being the coming reality for the West. A lot of the media we have doesn't really data RDR2, but there are lights and what's either telegraph poles or electric poles. There is some evidence of electric light in the media we've gotten, particularly shots like this:

https://media.rockstargames.com/roc.../c6a4b95cdb837c0dcace6e17f986be52b8c9e968.jpg

9bvVgcH.png

Electric lights like these would have been in mining towns in the late 1800s.

I suspect it's a prequel or a lightly related story told at a similar time. Rockstar has never been afraid to start over with their stories when on a new console and with a new number, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Although I don't know if the spoken character from the first trailer has to be the protagonist. I think the original reveal trailer from RDR1 was from the Marshall from Armadillo, so I could see if the voice over from RDR2 reveal trailer is someone talking to the main character, not the other way around.

Top Bottom