• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED GODDESS - 2.5D Metroidvania Kickstarter - PC, MAC, LINUX, PS4, PSVita, WiiU

yanim

Neo Member
I dont understand why are you asking money via Kickstarter when you have an investor.

I rememeber Kickstarter was a tool for bypassing investor/publisher money

Hello!

We're a very small studio only 6 people working and we don't have any investor/publisher. Kickstarter helped us a lot because we funded with 40235$ but it's a small part of the Red Goddess's budget. So, could you please explain us what do you mean with your comment?

Regards,

eFKac

About chromatic aberration we've done one option to turn on and off, ;-)

Thanks for your comments and your support!

Hey guys, may not be there day 1 on PS4, since it will be Final exams on Uni for me, but I'm curious whether you've announced anything about the price for the PS4 version?

yanim

Neo Member
Hey guys, may not be there day 1 on PS4, since it will be Final exams on Uni for me, but I'm curious whether you've announced anything about the price for the PS4 version?

It'll be 19,99 USD.

How does that sound? Thanks for your comment, so nice, Regards,

eFKac

It'll be 19,99 USD.

A little bit on the expensive side, but I feel that the average for the higher profile indie games on the PS4 rose from the 10-15$ last gen to the 15-20$ ballpark so it's in line.

Week 1 PS+ discount would sweeten the deal though ;-) Cheers and good luck on the release!

Cyrano

It'll be 19,99 USD.

Would recommend $15, but you should take a look at the market and make sure the prices you're looking at reflect the product you're releasing. Not a quality judgment, but a judgment about what people will expect based on initial payment. There is a certain degree of entitlement based on purchasing price.

yanim

Neo Member
A little bit on the expensive side, but I feel that the average for the higher profile indie games on the PS4 rose from the 10-15$ last gen to the 15-20$ ballpark so it's in line.

Week 1 PS+ discount would sweeten the deal though ;-) Cheers and good luck on the release!

Would recommend $15, but you should take a look at the market and make sure the prices you're looking at reflect the product you're releasing. Not a quality judgment, but a judgment about what people will expect based on initial payment. There is a certain degree of entitlement based on purchasing price.

Ok thanks so much for your tips! :)

Tizoc

About chromatic aberration we've done one option to turn on and off, ;-)

Thanks for your comments and your support!

Ooooh was hoping to play this on PSVita as early as the PS4 release. Non the less, best of luck with the game, I may just pick it up on Steam =3

Ooooh was hoping to play this on PSVita as early as the PS4 release. Non the less, best of luck with the game, I may just pick it up on Steam =3

It's tough waiting for Vita releases. But that's where I will play the game and that's what I am looking forward to, so that's why I'll be waiting as long as it takes.

These games feel made for Vita. I am truly a #BestOnVita enthusiast.

iosefe

i still remember when the game itself followed me on twitter, i followed back, and checked it all out, looked cool

Red Goddess isn't following me anymore...

yanim

Neo Member
Hello!

Check this #gif out pls! Divine in action with "Sonic jump" power!

divine-in-platform.gif

Hello!

Check this #gif out pls! Divine in action with "Sonic jump" power!

divine-in-platform.gif

Loving the mobility here. One of my favorite things about this genre is how you incrementally gain powers of movement that let you get from A to B however you see fit. I really liked this in Guacamelee and Symphony of the Night in particular.

So seeing Divine with such dynamic lateral and upward movement is exciting!

Skyzard

Banned
Looks interesting, decent art style. Will check this out on Vita probably if it's good and running great.

Are you making it on Unity? If so, not worried about performance on Vita?

iosefe

haha. it's @iosefe. not much of a secret, same avatar, too. (well, if i had my gorilla avatar one that is)

but i must say, it's one of the oddest ways to find out about a game

yanim

Neo Member
Looks interesting, decent art style. Will check this out on Vita probably if it's good and running great.

Are you making it on Unity? If so, not worried about performance on Vita?

Hello, we have developed in Unreal Engine 4 :)

Thanks for your comment

yanim

Neo Member
awesome. not back to the question about that gif. Triple jump that you can combo with or does the air dash reset jumps?

"Sonic jump" can be used 2 times, combo with jump and doble jump. All reset when you touch the ground.

yanim

Neo Member
Hello!

The famous singer Emma Hewitt, with whom we have been working recently for a video clip (if you want to take a look, here is the link: https://youtu.be/5GHs34ltWjM) she's agree to appear in our game with a skin, the truth is that for us is a honour to receive her support, please check this pic out with Emma's skin:
admin-ajax.php

Please take a look this GIF with Emma's skin in action:

EmmaSkin02.gif

So proud to have Emma involved in our game! 💗 Thanks so much!

yanim

Neo Member
It's always seems imposible until it's done...
Parece imposible hasta que se hace....
Tout semble impossible jusqu'à ce que ce soit fait...

3oEduEdgY1oK8dGwak.gif

yanim

Neo Member
Hello,

Please take a look this GIF showing DS4, we've implemented a new funcionality: having a different colour light bar depending on which character is in play, changing to Yellow, Red, or Blue as you switch between Divine, Rage or Fear. We believe this DS4 functionality is so funny, don't you?
#gamedev #unrealdev

PadColor01.gif

yanim

Neo Member
Only the strong survive this first Golem boss.Check this #screenshotsaturday out, using Unreal Engine 4. TY

attachment.php

yanim

Neo Member
We're very excited to announce Red Goddess for ‪#‎playstation‬ 4 will be launching in North America and Europe on June 30th. Help us to spread the word.
Further information at: www.redgoddessgame.com
Thanks so much for your support!

redgoddess30juneg-1024x576.jpg

Sweet Ivy

The cover is awesome, I'm pretty excited to play it at the end of the month :)!
I was with you guys since the first campaign ;)!

Amir0x

Banned
I will say, as a criticism of the trailer, some of the writing is really awkward/poorly constructed.

"The Planet was suffering in pain," (you didn't need to say "in pain", it's crystal clear with just "suffering" or "in pain" alone and makes the sentence flow way better)

"It was the price to pay...for remembering the past."

Eeesh.

Otherwise looks really rad. Wish you best of luck.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot... some of the UI/menu elements are not attractive to look at, very bland and like a "my first UI", but that doesn't really matter.

Oneself

June 30th! Great, I missed that news with all the E3 stuff. I'll get it on day one and will gladly spread the word if it's as good as it looks!

yanim

Neo Member
I will say, as a criticism of the trailer, some of the writing is really awkward/poorly constructed.

"The Planet was suffering in pain," (you didn't need to say "in pain", it's crystal clear with just "suffering" or "in pain" alone and makes the sentence flow way better)

"It was the price to pay...for remembering the past."

Eeesh.

Otherwise looks really rad. Wish you best of luck.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot... some of the UI/menu elements are not attractive to look at, very bland and like a "my first UI", but that doesn't really matter.

The cover is awesome, I'm pretty excited to play it at the end of the month :)!
I was with you guys since the first campaign ;)!

So far the games look baller, but i will be playing on PC so i will wait till october....

June 30th! Great, I missed that news with all the E3 stuff. I'll get it on day one and will gladly spread the word if it's as good as it looks!

Thanks so much for your help, we can't modified now because it's on PSN just now... :( But we'll do in the next versions...

You're the best community! We're amazed with your support!

THANKS SO MUCH!

yanim

Neo Member
Trailer looks great.
I'll be getting it on PC in October. In the mean time good luck with the PS4 release.

Thanks so much for your comment! We're so excited to release it has been very hard work and now we need to receive feedback!! : )

Skyzard

Banned
Looking good, looking forward to the Vita port. I assume that will be dependant on how well they make the exporting thing for Vita from UE4 - iirc we're relying on bloodstained to do that and share it?

mintylurb

Although not digging the main character's design, gameplay looks good and it's only $15 which is lunch money.
Now to decide on which version to get.

I've never heard of this game before and just went through the whole topic. Loving the interaction with the community.

I'll definitely be picking this game up to support the developer. Good job!

yanim

Neo Member
Gonna hold off on indie KS until Ghost Song actually comes out

The kickstarter was over a year ago...the game is releasing now.

What can we expect in terms of pricing / promotion on PSN? Anything like a 10% off on the first week?

Although not digging the main character's design, gameplay looks good and it's only $15 which is lunch money.
Now to decide on which version to get.

This is what I get for reading the OP and ignoring everything else.

Hello eveyone!

Thanks for your comments and your support! We're so happy you're interested in our title, we've been working so hard the last two years and now our dream comes true! We're going to release on PS4 on June 30th for 14.99$ and we'll do staggered releases for others platforms. We're biting our nails, because we want to receive your feedback after working so hard. Because we've developed this game to have fun and enjoy with the graphics and gameplay!

You can find further information at: www.redgoddessgame.com

Thanks so much!

Top Bottom