• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remastered Crash Bandicoot: Warped gameplay

Kasper

Watching those terrible motorcycle levels being played... yup, still hate them. For as good as the platforming levels, auto-run levels and bosses were in Warped, the vehicle based levels were just terrible.

Fuck those motorcycle levels. They are easily the worst part of the entire trilogy.

Yup. They are what makes me think crash 2 is a better game than crash 3. They are a stain on the perfectness of Warped.

I wonder just how much they tinkered with their gameplay. The dev said they touched it up a bit.

Tizoc

Inliked the motorbike levels. Granted world 3 and 6's are tough but as a kid i loved just driving on on a bike :p
I played them recentlym via ps3 and still quite enjoy them

Mr-Joker

Banned
Crash's double jump animation looks a little off as does his tornado spin.

I mean it looks nice but I am not fond of Crash 3 as I feel that Crash 2 is the better game of the series.

Fuck those motorcycle levels. They are easily the worst part of the entire trilogy.

Agreed, I really didn't like the vehicle levels in the game and was very disappointed when I found out that all of Coco's level were vehicle base as I really wanted to play as her.

Also watching from the Motorcycles level, it looks like that if you fail it you get kicked out of the level and you have to jump back in, they didn't even attempted to give players the option to retry the race then and there.

This is 30fps? The video says 60, but it doesn't look like it. I haven't kept up at all outside of the initial e3 reveal, so I know nothing.

The game is 30fps

Ochibi

giphy.gif

"F*ck this sh*t, let's breakdance"

PSqueak

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but Double header didn't look as good as anything else shown of the game so far.

still, hype!

Ernest

Banned
Any way they can remaster these to be ALL 2D gameplay? I just recall not digging the 3D gameplay, but rather enjoying the few 2D sections.

Looking great! Glad we got to peek at Future Frenzy. It's simply crazy
(n.sane really)
they were able to remaster every stage across three games this way.

Any way they can remaster these to be ALL 2D gameplay? I just recall not digging the 3D gameplay, but rather enjoying the few 2D sections.
I think the GBA games might be more up your ally, which were exclusively those.

Nepenthe

As much as I wanted a new Crash game...

I can't deny the love for Warped. I poured weeks into that game as a kid, and had I literally not worn out the disc from just playing it so much I would've eventually 100% it.

Is, uh... is this going to be a permanent exclusive? *twiddles thumbs*

ZeoVGM

Banned
Any way they can remaster these to be ALL 2D gameplay?

Can't be serious.

As much as I wanted a new Crash game...

I can't deny the love for Warped. I poured weeks into that game as a kid, and had I literally not worn out the disc from just playing it so much I would've eventually 100% it.

Is, uh... is this going to be a permanent exclusive? *twiddles thumbs*

Get a PS4. That's what the game is on.

MrBadger

The games you are looking for are The Huge Adventure and N-Tranced on GBA. Essentially the exact same gameplay, but entirely in 2D.

Also why the hell would you want that?

Javier23

Banned
The first game is esentially a side-scroller. As for the other two, well, they may just not be your thing.

Nepenthe

Get a PS4. That's what the game is on.

Lol, I know. But I'd really only be getting a PS4 for this and the Ratchet remaster. And maybe Horizon.

I'm an old school Luddite whose heart belongs to platformers. I don't care for these...Uncharteds and Assassins-- whatever you whippersnappers are doing these days.

sense

It is crazy that we are looking at a naughty dog game! I can see a little bit of stuff carried over to uncharted. They have come a long way.

roytheone

So, i am kinda interested in this game.......but then i played
uncharted 4

And honestly that level there was pretty bad. Platforming while running toward the camera causing you to only see jumps the last second, it was no fun. Is crash more of that bullshit or did they picked the worst level to put into the game for some reason?

THIS LOOKS SO AMAZING

I never thought we'd get this much love into the remakes. I was expecting a barebones remaster. Couldn't be happier to be proven wrong!

Can't wait for June 30th!

Kraq

The new gameplay footage we have here is arguably the best yet. Crash 1 has looked great, Crash 2 has been hit and miss but Crash 3 looks amazing. They've kept the faithfulness in there, but they've also made these look visually stunning.

Really impressed.

nynt9

So, i am kinda interested in this game.......but then i played
uncharted 4

And honestly that level there was pretty bad. Platforming while running toward the camera causing you to only see jumps the last second, it was no fun. Is crash more of that bullshit or did they picked the worst level to put into the game for some reason?

You realize Uncharted 4 has segments exactly like that, right? When the truck is barreling towards you from behind. It's foreshadowing for that.

That's a minority of Crash levels, but a memorable one.

VDenter

Banned
Everything about Crash 2 and Crash 3 has aged fine in my opinion . Except those set piece levels that had you running towards the camera making some jumps completely luck based. I hope they at least zoomed out the camera a bit or give you an option. Because playing those levels was incredibly cheap and incredibly infuriating on the first couple of playthroughs no matter how good they looked.

Scotia

Banned
Warped was my childhood. Crazy to see it remade like this. This is probably one of my most hyped games this year

nynt9

Lol, I know. But I'd really only be getting a PS4 for this and the Ratchet remaster. And maybe Horizon.

I'm an old school Luddite whose heart belongs to platformers. I don't care for these...Uncharteds and Assassins-- whatever you whippersnappers are doing these days.

The PS4 is still likely to have more platformers than any other console thanks to indies.

Top Bottom