• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remastered Crash Bandicoot: Warped gameplay

Kinsei

Banned
Let's hope there isn't one where you need to get Platinum Time Relics on all levels. That'd be pretty brutal.

You know there will be.

They are also adding relics to Crash 1 and 2 as well.

Yeah, this will be a really hard to get trio of platinum trophies.

Ash735

It's sad that they basically confirmed they just ripped the MIDI files from the PS1 games and just added instruments. Explains why the soundtrack is so lacking, even more sad after the original composer was declined by Activision when he offered to help since he has the original masters.

Lol, I know. But I'd really only be getting a PS4 for this and the Ratchet remaster. And maybe Horizon.

I'm an old school Luddite whose heart belongs to platformers. I don't care for these...Uncharteds and Assassins-- whatever you whippersnappers are doing these days.
You might actually really like Knack 2 aswell. If it's anything like the first game, it'll have the heart of a simple and fun PS1 platformer.

Qwark

Warped is easily my least favorite of the trilogy. There's just so many gimmicks that (imo) are not fun. The motorcycle sucks, scuba diving sucks, jetski sucks, fruit bazooka feels cheap and also sucks. I still love the trilogy, but I miss the focus on platforming that was in the second, and especially the first one.

SpokkX

People think this looks good?

That they have not remade the games from scratch iS frankly shocking

Crash platformers (team racing was/is good though) were bad even upon release in comparision even with nes or snes platformers. Repetative, uninventive and with an overall lack of precision

This looks awful gameplay wise and will put a final nail in Crashs coffin imo

Nice graphics though

You know there will be.

They are also adding relics to Crash 1 and 2 as well.

Yeah, this will be a really hard to get trio of platinum trophies.

Yeah, I remember few levels having so brutal platinum times that they basically force you to do completely perfect runs.

Deep down, you know there will be :p

Probably will be. But seeing how you only need any sort of Relic for it counting to the 105% precentage makes me hope you only need to get at least a Sapphire one.

Scotia

Banned

Crash platformers (team racing was/is good though) were bad even upon release in comparision even with nes or snes platformers. Repetative, uninventive and with an overall lack of precision

G4ZNYMQVMH6us.gif

Nice graphics though

FnCv1Nh.gif

Nice graphics though

LUfyCdC.gif

Nice graphics though

Over under on this being his only post in the thread?

vypek

Warped is easily my least favorite of the trilogy. There's just so many gimmicks that (imo) are not fun. The motorcycle sucks, scuba diving sucks, jetski sucks, fruit bazooka feels cheap and also sucks. I still love the trilogy, but I miss the focus on platforming that was in the second, and especially the first one.

I think the KF video said they didn't really change controls of the stuff too. IDK how that would feel playing with the motorcycle and stuff at this point.

brawly

Nice graphics though

You're right. What was I thinking. Pre-order cancelled.

SgtCobra

Nice graphics though
You're right, Activision please cancel this game. SpokkX has spoken.

Spinky

Nice graphics though

Are you OK?

silva1991

Nice graphics though

People with good taste, yes.

Spinky

Over an hour of gameplay on this guy's channel for some reason. He's super annoying but it does have nuggets of new stuff like Aku Aku's talks with you before certain levels.

https://youtu.be/dkilH9B2Fto

EDIT: OK this guy is even more annoying than I thought.

SpokkX

Over under on this being his only post in the thread?

Do not understand that sentence but i AM really surprised people like this? That motorcycle section is ios endless runner bad and all crash platform levels suffer from repeating section that are hard to identify from one another

Yes i have completed all games on psx, even tried replaying part 2 a few years ago. It is an awful game and the series has nothing on Jak 1, which actually holds up today

I really think this will kill crash as a series - new players especially will hate this because they have no nostaligia for the games

SNURB

Nice graphics though

CatsMeOutch-Laughing.gif

Do not understand that sentence but i AM really surprised people like this? That motorcycle section is ios endless runner bad and all crash platform levels suffer from repeating section that are hard to identify from one another

Yes i have completed all games on psx, even tried replaying part 2 a few years ago. It is an awful game and the series has nothing on Jak 1, which actually holds up today

I really think this will kill crash as a series

Color me surprised, an actual reply. I'm not gonna debate this, clearly you're in the minority and your only answer is going to be "no, it's awful" and mine is going to be "I don't think it is". :V

SNURB

Color me surprised, an actual reply. I'm not gonna debate this, clearly you're in the minority and your only answer is going to be "no, it's awful" and mine is going to be "I don't think it is". :V

He's just a shitposter really :V

And not a really creative one at that, like the rest.

Brhoom

Banned
The art style is horrible. There is no artistic cohesion, some assets look realistic while others appear cartoony.

I know I asked for this, but I'm afraid this remaster will get a pass from me.

SpokkX

.. uhm what?

You know opionions differ and everyone must not agree that everything someone else likes is "amazing". No need to take that as an insult, calm down. This is not a forum just for hyping games

I REALLY DO find it wierd with all the positivity here though.

Everyone i knew during the psx days also disliked the games at the time of release. Did they even score well at the time?

BetaM

I wish they'd stop pretending they kept the exploits. They did not. It's just gonna be a much slower and sterilized remake.
Driving looks very janky, definitely not as smooth as in Skylanders like you'd expect.

Ooooo it's based on the much-harder european version if the wizards lose their clothes!

No, it isn't. They only lose their clothes on getting bazooka'd, which is how it was in the american version.

Also they still haven't fixed this since PSX lol

780e638683.png

.. uhm what?

You know opionions differ and everyone must not agree that everything someone else likes is "amazing". No need to take that as an insult, calm down. This is not a forum just for hyping games

Everyone i knew during the psx days also disliked the games at the time of release. Did they even score well at the time?
Warped has a 91 meta. The entire trilogy is beloved by many it's not hard to understand or weird at all

Qwark

I think the KF video said they didn't really change controls of the stuff too. IDK how that would feel playing with the motorcycle and stuff at this point.

In the Playstation Underground video, they said they largely left gameplay alone, but for the motorcyle bit they did change things to be more in line with current standards. Still looks pretty meh to me.

Come on guys, don't be like that. If you're really bothered by his opinion, ignore it, but don't be dismissive. I'm a big Crash fan, but I agree with him about the motorcycle level.

We must've had very different friend groups, everybody I knew loved Crash Bandicoot. They all reviewed well above average at the time.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I absolutely cant wait. These games are looking so good, cant wait to go back to them again

FelipeMGM

.. uhm what?

They scored really well (their GameRankings are all between 80 and 90 I think) and the trilogy sold over 16M copies combined at the time

I'd say thats pretty well received by public and critic

silva1991

.. uhm what?

3A92Vlb.jpg

Yes they were and still great games. Get over your confusion.

Talha

.. uhm what?

Hey that's cool man everyone's entitled to their own opinion, clearly you haven't seen the amount of times us fans on NeoGaf have been begging for this remake, also on Twitch streams etc, there is a demand for this game just because you don't like it that doesn't mean it'll defer people that love this series thanks for your opinion but seriously I loved this game it was my childhood, this and Spyro which I hope gets its faithful remake as well, stop trying to force your opinion on others and have good a day

Come on guys, don't be like that. If you're really bothered by his opinion, ignore it, but don't be dismissive. I'm a big Crash fan, but I agree with him about the motorcycle level.

I am fine if he disagrees, but it's one thing to say "I don't like it" -- you'll notice plenty of people have done that and I didn't reply to them. It's another thing to come in and be like "Why do you like this? I'm surprised you like this, it's awful, it's bad." :V

Scotia

Banned
We must've had very different friend groups, everybody I knew loved Crash Bandicoot. They all reviewed well above average at the time.

Same. I know people that haven't held a controller since the PS1 that have told me how much they loved Crash. All of my friends that do play games as well are getting this and have loved Crash since the beginning.

Crash Team Racing when?!

God damn this looks so good. Instant buy. Only thing that was a bit weird was on the driving level the camera has a bit of janky movement when you go off a ramp.

Top Bottom