• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remastered Crash Bandicoot: Warped gameplay

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
needs more Dash Dingo
giphy.gif

Really REALLY wish they would have forgone the commentary as 1) it's really grating 2) I wanted to hear the music.

Looking very good though. Game can't come soon enough.

Kambing

Crash was my introduction to video games... beyond hyped. Love how they approached the game. Exactly what I am looking for in a revisit to an old classic. 3 games in one package too!

Excited to play this with my daughter!

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Along with Sonic and Mario, Crash was a part of my childhood. I can't wait for this!
This narrative that some are trying to push about Crash games never being popular or good is hilarious.

Back in the day it was damn near impossible to find a home with a PSX that didn't have at least one Crash game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Coco laughs at one of the animations when Crash is playing with the fruit:
cocolaugh.gif

That's cute and a better improvement over the original as Coco would just stand there and not really interact with Crash. Still a shame that you can't really play as Coco outside the vehicle levels, thought that's more a fault of the original Crash 3 than the remaster.

Polygon's playthrough is just someone using the bazooka on every obstacle and enemy.

Why would you think people would want to watch that?

Toxi

Banned
This looks so good

Warped was the first of these games I played, and while Crash 2 is better, Warped still holds a special place in my heart.

Suzzopher

After seeing the recent video I had to play Crash 3 again on Vita, I'm surprised at how well it holds up, a few cheap deaths aside it feels rather modern.

Still a shame that you can't really play as Coco outside the vehicle levels, thought that's more a fault of the original Crash 3 than the remaster.

I've noticed that Coco's proportions have been changed to more closely match Crash's, and the developers still insist there are new features to be revealed in interviews; I wouldn't be terribly surprised to find out there are character skins and Coco would undoubtedly be one.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, seeing this gameplay, it's only just sunk in how much I'm looking forward to it. High-def makeovers of Crash and WipEout in the same month, what a time to be alive.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just put in my pre order copy from Amazon. I think my partner is just as excited to play this as me which is good to see.

gamerMan

Gosh, this looks so dated. I remember the original Crash Bandicoot was one of the best looking games at the time. My memory is definitely play tricks on me, but I thought the original game looked way better than this.

This looks like a Gamecube game. I am not a fan of the fog just a few meters in front of you and the weak shadowing and lighting. The sprite shadow takes me back 20 years ago. I wish Naughty Dog was making this so we could see this game with modern graphics.

Gosh, this looks so dated. I remember the original Crash Bandicoot was one of the best looking games at the time. My memory is definitely play tricks on me, but I thought the original game looked way better than this.

This looks like a Gamecube game. I am not a fan of the fog just a few meters in front of you and the weak shadowing and lighting. The sprite shadow takes me back 20 years ago. I wish Naughty Dog was making this so we could see this game with modern graphics.

Good one.
Can I have the gamecube games you had?

FqQHaNr.gif

MrBadger

Just to jog your memory, here's what Wrath of Cortex looked like.

This remaster isn't pushing the boundaries of what's possible on PS4 in the same way the originals did, but they certainly don't look as outdated as you're saying.

Roo

Coco laughs at one of the animations when Crash is playing with the fruit:
cocolaugh.gif

Makes you wonder if getting the volleyball idle animation really close to Coco would trigger an interaction between the two instead of Aku Aku.

hmm...

It's like you ppl can't say a game is not up to your standards without falling into the hyperbole ditch. Everything else you said would've been perfectly fine

Feorax

Given how much interest there has been in this, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me to see a Last of us 2 style "super early announcement" Crash 4 reveal at E3 this year.

When I say "4", I assume most Crash fans get what I mean by that.

Vitor711

Just to jog your memory, here's what Wrath of Cortex looked like.

This remaster isn't pushing the boundaries of what's possible on PS4 in the same way the originals did, but they certainly don't look as outdated as you're saying.

Except it didn't look like that at all because those are emulated shots - the game was sub HD, that's way more pixels than a PS1 could throw out.

Top Bottom