• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013

eshwaaz

One year later, and I still miss Ryan's presence on every Bombcast. I don't know if the death of a stranger has ever left me so gutted.

RIP

Aurongel

I remember exactly where I was when I heard of his passing, his absence is still felt to this day on the site and the show.

RIP Ryan :(

I was definitely late to the party, as I started frequenting GB just a couple of months before, but it still hit me pretty hard, and still miss him...

Thanks Ryan

V_Ben

Banned
Thanks, Ryan.

I grew up with your dumb videos over the years, and you gave me so many laughs. I'll never forget that.

J-Roderton

Wow. Seems just like yesterday. I sadly haven't listened to a Bombcast and pretty much stopped visiting GiantBomb for the past year. Really bummed me out when he died. Great, great duder.

Double D

Strange to still think about a guy I never knew every single day. Can't even imagine how his actual friends and family feel. If any of the giant bomb dudes happen to read this, know that I've got enormous amounts of respect for all of you, and commend how you have kept marching on. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Now if you'll excuse me there's a pie I need to flush down my toilet.

andycapps

RIP Ryan. Listening to your Realest Summer Jams playlist today on Spotify in your honor. I'll set off some fireworks for you as well this weekend.

Miss ya every week Ryan, even though you were a narc.
2510754-3363261264-24674.gif

Absinthe

GoldenBuddha

Neo Member
Definitely still stings.. I can't express how much I miss his writing, rants, and just presence over all. As a big guy that also struggles with sleep apnea, Ryan's passing really hit home. It's hard, but getting healthier has been so worth it. Top moments for me:

"Dude! Dracula is still a threat"
Ryan's excitement during the "Hotline Miami" Quicklook
Ryan's "Doom 3" monster rant
Single mom Nintendo DS story

I still think about Ryan every time I put on my, "China Don't Care" t-shirt. When I realize I am putting it on and it's a Tuesday, I always hear, "Hey everybody, it's Tuessssday" in his voice.

I still think about Ryan every time I put on my, "China Don't Care" t-shirt. When I realize I am putting it on and it's a Tuesday, I always hear, "Hey everybody, it's Tuessssday" in his voice.

Same man, every Tuesday I throw on my China don't Care shirt and whenever I actively think about what day it is I end up saying "Hey everybody, it's Tuessssday".

Ryan was the best.

Kerned

Banned
I sure do miss Ryan Davis. I'm sitting at work playing his Summer Jams playlist (which is amazing) and thinking about how much joy he brought to this world. Link here if it hasn't been posted.

Willectro

Banned
Bombcast will never be the same, but I feel that Ryan was a lot of the reason why this continues to be such a great podcast. Thanks Ryan.

rbanke

After a year, I still think about Ryan quite often. It's such an odd thing as I never met him, he was simply an entertainer that I had this one sided connection to. I've never been a fan of someone who died which made me feel as if someone I was actually friends with had passed, but that's exactly how it has felt with Ryan. If this is how I, a stranger feel about Ryan then I can't imagine how difficult the past year has been for those who were actually his real friends. What an amazing person he was.

The world has and will continue to be a bit more empty and less funny without you Ryan.

Mr. Davis, you are still sorely missed.

I'll be sitting in a whiskey bar in the TL this evening raising a dram of the good stuff in your name.

Top Bottom