• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013

Jhriad

It's strange to think how much you can miss an individual you never had the opportunity to meet. With his unremitting cheer and laughter Ryan was an ever present reminder of the joy all of us can find in life if we're willing to look.

Thank you, Ryan Davis. You gave us all reason to smile, laugh, and now, cry. We'll miss you. Suck on it, Ron Weasley.

I met Ryan once at E3 2011, I wanted to take a pic with him, so I asked the nearest person, a booth model to take it. She was confused as she thought he was going to take a photo of me and her.

This was the nicest man ever, as he took a bit of his time to do this as he had to one of those time sensitive appointments.

I lost my brother not too long before we all lost Ryan. It still shocks me how fragile life can be. I was scared of going to sleep for weeks after he died. I still don't know why I haven't gotten checked out for sleep apnea, but Ryan did; he tweeted pictures from his sleep study. I guess it didn't help. Man, this has me in a funk.

Dizzy-4U

PeRNEWO.gif

Ryan was certainly in my thoughts this past E3, and this week throughout. He seemed like a genuine individual who loved what he did. Jeff, Patrick, Vinny, Brad and the rest of the crew are fortunate to have had him in their lives.

Thanks Ryan.

I made a thing for the Giant Bomb thread. I made WCW trading cards for all the duders when I originally made the thread, but I figured today meant it's time I added one last guy.

Giant Bomb Hall of Fame

GJmKLNP.png

Ryan Davis
This is the man all Giant Bomb superstars dream of being even a shade as legendary as. The most loyal man in the company, Nacho Boss lived up to his name, main-eventing time after time with flavour you just couldn't get enough of. His no-holds-barred delivery stunned opponents on both coasts and beyond, with shutdowns and taunts you'd expect to see coming from the most villainous of contenders, never mind the friendliest face in any fed. His time in the ring was far too short-lived for such an amazing spectacle of a superstar.

Ryan Davis, the Nacho Boss. RIP, man.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, just read Patrick's post. I knew little of GB when he passed, but what I knew about it, which I recognized as something I was totally missing out on, was because of Ryan's antics.

Dlacy13g

Every Bombcast I listen to I always think about the excellence that Ryan Davis brought and what he helped create. We miss you Ryan.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This was the only celebrity death that actually cast a dark cloud over my real life. I genuinely loved that guy.

This is scary for me since my name is Ryan Davis, we are the same age, and I got diagnosed with Extreme Sleep Apnea this year. Only difference is I am very thing, but just unlucky with how my jaw, throat, and sinuses are built. I am strictly a mouth breather at night, and am having a very tough time using my Cpap. I will keep trying though, since surgery is to much.

Beelzebub

Although I only really started getting into giant bomb not a year or so before Ryan passed, it hit me pretty hard when the news came..such a great personality. I feel bad for missing out on a lot of stuff from the start but glad I'm here to say rest in peace

I think of Ryan every week when I listen to the Bombcast.

The rest of the crew does a remarkable job, but I can't help but miss him and long for the days I'd fire up Pocketcasts and hear "it's Tuesday!"

Guiberu

I don't often get moved by "celebrities" passing.

But Ryan was like a friend I'd never met.

He was occasionally an ass, but no more than any of us are.

I miss hearing his voice. Laughing at his terrible jokes. And forgetting all the terrible shit in my life, to listen to one of his crazy anecdotes.

Until next time, space cowboy.

This is scary for me since my name is Ryan Davis, we are the same age, and I got diagnosed with Extreme Sleep Apnea this year. Only difference is I am very thing, but just unlucky with how my jaw, throat, and sinuses are built. I am strictly a mouth breather at night, and am having a very tough time using my Cpap. I will keep trying though, since surgery is to much.

Damn. Best of luck to you! Hope you gonna be alright.

I'm the same age as Ryan as well, and my brother has sleep apnea an a capp.

Top Bottom