• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 7 [Fox News] One does not simply win Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

Just finished uploading mine - 2 hours condensed into 30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/fGrNeeER7oE

With a special moment in there between Megyn Kelly and John Kasich.

Thanks for this, I missed the last part of the debate and didn't want to comb through all 2 hours.

Jeb was a lot better this time around, maybe because he wasn't constantly being bullied by Trump. Jeb, Rand, and Kasich were the only somewhat sensible people up there. The things Cruz, Rubio and Christie were saying are pretty fucking scary.

kess

Jesus Christ, Rubio's closing remarks about faith (and his comment about the "saviour") were obscene. Not only are they completely contradictory to american ideals, but they are such a pathetic, obvious grasp at evangelical votes. Guess he really does need the third place in Iowa...

Rubio has always been like that, he explicitly said worship is the most important "American" value during his RNC keynote speech.

chadskin

This week's Spiegel issue: "Madness - America's agitator Donald Trump"

CZ56fsoWEAEtvRX.jpg

Sobriquet

Yes. And his statements about national security and warrantless surveillance are the best of any candidate's.

As a progressive, if Rand Paul got the nomination, which he won't, but I would be extremely conflicted if he went against Hillary in the general election. His positions on criminal justice reform, national security, military intervention, and the war on drugs are far more progressive than Hillary's!

The problem with the Paul's is that, once you get to certain positions, they are a horror show. Particularly in terms of economics and the role of the free market.

I would actually consider voting for Rand Paul if his voting record were in line with what he says. Unfortunately he votes to the right of Ted Cruz.

numble

No, I mean The Verge (I never read the Vox regularly). I know Politico came before, but the quality and style were largely equivalent in the end.
How can something be "the verge" of something before the verge existed? That's like saying Star Trek 2009 was supposed to be The Force Awakens of Star Trek movies.

Macam

Banned
How can something be "the verge" of something before the verge existed? That's like saying Star Trek 2009 was supposed to be The Force Awakens of Star Trek movies.

I don't even know what you're arguing. All I said is that Politico wound up being a lot like The Verge in style and quality of their content (lots of flash and clickbait, little real substance). Nothing more.

Tom_Cody

I've seen people say that he was joking but it didn't come off as a joke at all. He sounded really whiny.

It wasn't a joke. He used the exact line in another debate.
Set-up: A lot of these questions are critical of me, etc.

Punchline: If this continues I might have to leave (implied reference to Trump). Zing.

The punchline actually got a laugh, but the moderator jumping in made the moment extremely awkward.

Ted Cruz's humor epitomizes stale 'Dad jokes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom