• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 7 [Fox News] One does not simply win Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Hahaha, shoulda been Huckabee and Santorum though, they took two of the biggest L's I've seen in ages tonight.
Nah. Cruz gets the L. He performed badly in the debate and huck and Santorum get press coverage from being at the trump event. Genius move by trump because whatever evangelical vote he can't get, he can use those two to siphon from cruz.

Hahaha, shoulda been Huckabee and Santorum though, they took two of the biggest L's I've seen in ages tonight.

Those two got more viewers tonight than they probably have during the entire debate season combined. I'd completely forgotten they were even running before tonight.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thanks. Ted Cruz messed that one up bad.

Remains to be seen if it tanks him and becomes a narrative over the next few days. I would say over half of his supporters would go to Trump, which would basically end this primary election before voting even starts.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Remains to be seen if it tanks him and becomes a narrative over the next few days. I would say over half of his supporters would go to Trump, which would basically end this primary election before voting even starts.

yeah, there was no one in the debate who would pick up cruz's supporters i think.

Mathieran

Banned
Thanks for the 30 min highlight video :)
Another sickening display. I can't believe these guys stand up claiming they have Christian values while saying some of the nastiest things possible. It does not compute. Not that Christian values are important in governing.

Rand Paul did a nice job on some of those questions. I guess if I had to vote republican he would be my choice. Still wouldn't be happy about it, I disagree with him in regards to pretty much all fiscal matters.

Rubenov

I just woke up. Had a dream last night that I was working for Trump's campaign, directly for Trump. I was putting up two posters and one of them fell off, and he became really angry.

Totally random, but yeah :)

Rubenov

I didn't think Cruz did that bad, even though he had the worse moment by far when he tried to pull a Trump and threatened to walk out, only to be smacked down and told to shut the fuck up.

I thought Rubio did the worst, and became angry.

Jeb Bush did the best IMO, clearly because Trump wasn't there to bully him, but it's too late to matter.

Maledict

Yep, the quality of Politico's journalism has been absolutely terrible this cycle. They've gone from the must-read place to an absolute mire of sycophantic, establishment wisdom opinions driven purely by a "It's a knife edge contest!" narrative.

Makai

I missed the debate. Can someone explain why people are calling it the Red Wedding?

I'm familiar with the RW from Game of Thrones.
They showed clips of Rubio and Cruz flip flopping on amnesty and then asked them to defend it. Early in the debate, Cruz attacked the moderators and got fucking booed.

I don't get Rubio's appeal. The guy is itching to re-ignite another Cold War and sounds like a lacky for Oil Companies to continue the Bush doctrine

Erevador

I like to imagine a more just world in which Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul face off in a general election debate that would deal in an unprecedented way with fundamental questions about civil liberties, foreign policy, fiscal policy, and national identity. That would be a hell of a conversation. I can imagine it would be positively Sorkin-esque.

It's a nice thought.

Salvadora

Thinking about it, it was a good idea for Trump to skip the debate.

It meant that all the knives were pointed at Cruz - his nearest competitor

Interfectum

Watching the highlights, this debate is so much better without Trump. These guys are actually coming out of their shell and talking like rational human beings (a little bit anyway).

Just read through the transcript and was pretty impressed with most of Kasich's and Paul's answers. They were the only candidates who didn't resort to the typical GOP fear rhetoric.

That said, Rubio and Cruz were absolutely cringeworthy. Talk about bottom of the barrel.

Watching the highlights, this debate is so much better without Trump. These guys are actually coming out of their shell and talking like rational human beings (a little bit anyway).

That only really started happening once they realized that if they used their standard lines they were gonna get rekt. Still tried to have a go at it a coupla times, tho

Interfectum

That only really started happening once they realized that if they used their standard lines they were gonna get rekt. Still tried to have a go at it a coupla times, tho

For sure. Eventhough I don't agree with 99% of what they are saying it's nice to see them actually debate. Trump has really fucked up this whole process for them.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This debate cycle is going to be vicious if other debates start using video evidence.

I don't know why it's not used more often. Or letting candidates bring their own video.

I want to see a debate that cites sources and clearly shows them to the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom