• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 7 [Fox News] One does not simply win Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hnnix

I think this was the most stable Trump I've seen in all debates. Trump did an amazing job. He kept his cool versus those hard questions.

Grover

Banned
anyone else get the feeling that some of these republican candidates think the US is full of 300 million republicans, and obama and liberal values got thrusted upon the country against its will by some unknown force?

like they dont seem to realize that 1/2 the country actually likes the things they're going to get rid of?

kcp12304

Banned
Kasich so bad you forgot him?

Rand
Kasich
Jeb!
Cruz
Rubio
Christie
Carson

Actually, the Moderators did too

libresco-libresco-republicandebate-liveblog.png

rjinaz

anyone else get the feeling that some of these republican candidates think the US is full of 300 million republicans, and obama and liberal values got thrusted upon the country against its will by some unknown force?

like they dont seem to realize that 1/2 the country actually likes the things they're going to get rid of?

They just think the other half of the country is crazy/ill/uneducated or poor so they don't count or minority.

Ogimachi

Can't see how people think Trump dodged a bullet here. He's been replying to questions and negative ads like that for months now. Actually, he's been doing this for more than 30 years.
The other candidates are the ones not used to it. At least not this way, and not by Fox.

Rubio and Cruz got banged up, but Cruz got murdaed.

Jen did better, Carson and Rand were flat, the Kasich and Christie are still I'm Ohio and 9/11.

So what will happen is that Cruz will get a boost because... He will somehow and everyone else will fall in Iowa.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Does anyone else think Rubio performed badly? He just can't take the heat like Trump and Cruz. When Megyn played those clips he was sweating and responded angrily. He's good at calling out BS on Cruz, but he sucks at responding to it.

Can't see how people think Trump dodged a bullet here. He's been replying to questions and negative ads like that for months now. Actually, he's been doing this for more than 30 years.
The other candidates are the ones not used to it. At least not this way, and not by Fox.

Uh, the videos, Trump would be destroyed. It was an intentional trap he likely got warned about.

Uh, the videos, Trump would be destroyed. It was an intentional trap he likely got warned about.
Not only that, but it was Kelly specifically that brought up all the video packages, and the other moderators weren't as forceful. One level of coincidence of "hey, they've got you dead to rights" is normal, but another of "it's Kelly specifically who's going to kill you" is a whole different thing in terms of Trump knowing he should bail.

Dennis

Banned
Fox News is a shameless tool of the Big Money GOP corporate overlord establishment.

Doing their best to get puppet Rubio elected.

bill1148

Banned
I guess between all of these scrubs I like Rubio the most. Not that that's saying much. Feel like he did best in the debate as well.

malfcn

I got to hear some on the radio. I got the impression that unless you were religious in the Jesus sense, that you had no morals, virtues or were moving the country and world towards anarchy.

I don't need Jesus and a book to tell me to be nice to my neighbor and other such and such actions. They talk like you're incapable of being decent unless you worship their God.

danm999

He's never been challenged like that at a debate where he didn't control the environment.

Kelly would have quoted him as saying a bunch of stuff, he would have said it was wrong and she was dishonest like most media, or maybe he would have even personally attacked her and done his cute I'm not calling you a bimbo but you're a bimbo routine, then she would have rolled the tape showing how full of shit he was.

Then he would have looked as feckless as Cruz or Rubio trying to wriggle their way out of his words.

Keep in mind this almost happened a few debates ago with the Mark Zuckerberg's personal Senator business, but the moderation was shit and let him blame them for making up the quote.

rjinaz

I got to hear some on the radio. I got the impression that unless you were religious in the Jesus sense, that you had no morals, virtues or were moving the country and world towards anarchy.

I don't need Jesus and a book to tell me to be nice to my neighbor and other such and such actions. They talk like you're incapable of being decent unless you worship their God.

Well that's kind of the whole pitch. The moment they start believing others can be moral they have to start questioning the religion.

Raxus

It sickens me Republicans claim to hold the christian vote then spit in the face of everything Jesus stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom