• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 7 [Fox News] One does not simply win Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

What the hell is Paul talking about with the Monica scandal? Like I can't make the logical leap from "Bill cheated on Hilary" to "Hilary is bad for women's rights". Like wut?

hiptanaka

Does anyone else think Rubio performed badly? He just can't take the heat like Trump and Cruz. When Megyn played those clips he was sweating and responded angrily. He's good at calling out BS on Cruz, but he sucks at responding to it.

He very clearly rehearses specific lines and tries to incorporate them into his answers. When his memorized drivel is not applicable to the question, his weak points become glaringly exposed.

Rubio screams and whines with his annoying shrill voice constantly. Someone must've told him to have "more fire in his belly" but he just pitches his voice upwards and screams.

He cracks so easily under pressure. One pointed question asked at him and he flies off the handle. Wouldn't last two seconds on a 1-on-1 debate against Hillary.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What the hell is Paul talking about with the Monica scandal? Like I can't make the logical leap from "Bill cheated on Hilary" to "Hilary is bad for women's rights". Like wut?

The argument is:
- Hillary participated in a campaign to discredit and silence women who came forward to say Clinton abused them
- She did this because she wanted to be president and staying with him was the best way to do this
- Given her behaviour in those private moments, she clearly doesn't really care about women.

(I am not endorsing this argument)

Slacker

lmao, Carson just has no idea wtf he's doing and/or saying.

Carson reminded me of back in school when I would drift away in class, then suddenly be forced to snap back to reality when the teacher asked me a question. "Mr. Carson are you listening?" "Whoa, what?"

mnannola

Carson reminded me of back in school when I would drift away in class, then suddenly be forced to snap back to reality when the teacher asked me a question. "Mr. Carson are you listening?" "Whoa, what?"

That perfectly describes his reaction to that YouTube question in the debate.

That actually happened in debate 6. They asked Carson a question and he had zoned completely out and needed them to repeat it.

Kangi

Need that one Mario Party gif. The one where one of the players doesn't move at all and wins anyway.

9BhKc6J.gif

params7

Banned
does anybody else laugh when Carson laughs? Idk what is it about his laughter that makes me burst into laughter with him for whatever reason.

Prompto

Banned
Unless I'm missing something that's the google trends, and not the poll they had up that was said would be revealed which I don't think ever was lol. Surely if they put Trump on there they had to expect him to win. Should have left him off.
Yeah I think you're right. I'll edit it.

Unless I'm missing something that's the google trends, and not the poll they had up that was said would be revealed which I don't think ever was lol. Surely if they put Trump on there they had to expect him to win. Should have left him off.

They said Rubio won. I'm guessing they skipped over Trump for the highest person actually in the debate.

Damaniel

Banned
Fixed poll. Fox on Rubios dick since he is the GOP choice.

At this point, I'm not sure if Fox has the sway necessary to push Rubio on their viewers. A *ton* of them seem to be all-in for Trump, and this debate isn't going to change that a bit.

Could this be the beginning of the end of Fox News' dominance in Republican politics? Sadly, probably not, but I still love to see them squirm. Even Fox can't stump the Trump.

(Also, Trump obviously has someone on the inside over at Fox News. There's no way he would just drop out of the debate on short notice unless he knew *something* was up.)

At this point, I'm not sure if Fox has the sway necessary to push Rubio on their viewers. A *ton* of them seem to be all-in for Trump, and this debate isn't going to change that a bit.

Could this be the beginning of the end of Fox News' dominance in Republican politics? Sadly, probably not, but I still love to see them squirm. Even Fox can't stump the Trump.

(Also, Trump obviously has someone on the inside over at Fox News. There's no way he would just drop out of the debate on short notice unless he knew *something* was up.)

The problem is Fox wants an establishment candidate, but republicans have been taught to be anti-establishment for years now. They are sick of the establishment and want someone new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom