• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rescued piglets served up as sausages to firefighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, why are you reflexively getting angry at the slave comment?

Like, unrelated to the animal situation, that not only actually sounds like what you'd expect slave owners to have said, I'm sure I've read the exact quote. Come on, whatever you think of the pig topic, the line he's referring to could be straight out of the mouth of any white guy in the south 200 years ago.. Or at that rally last week, whichever.

It's a line right out of animal farm if anything.

Gattsu25

Banned
Sounds like something slave owners would've said at one time about people born in to slavery.

BWOKIxT.png

Kin5290

That's a shit tier title that seems intentionally misleading. The pigs might have been piglets... 6 months ago. Which is a while for a pig.

rainz

Why even rescue them if you clearly don't give a shit enough to not stuff their processed charred flesh in your mouth?
smh...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Why even rescue them if you clearly don't give a shit enough to not stuff their processed charred flesh in your mouth?
smh...

Radical, from now on whenever I eat bacon or sausage I'll refer to it as stuffing processed charred flesh in my mouth. It sound fucking awesome. Thanks for the idea buddy!

I mean...

I'm not going to lie. I'm a little unnerved by it.

I'd probably still eat them

We as a human race are really fucked up aren't we?

stupei

Like, unrelated to the animal situation, that not only actually sounds like what you'd expect slave owners to have said, I'm sure I've read the exact quote. Come on, whatever you think of the pig topic, the line he's referring to could be straight out of the mouth of any white guy in the south 200 years ago.. Or at that rally last week, whichever.

People probably don't think it's cool to directly compare black people to literal animals.

Just a guess.

iOlkiWE.png

Kin5290

I mean...

I'm not going to lie. I'm a little unnerved by it.

I'd probably still eat them

We as a human race are really fucked up aren't we?
Not at all.

This is an example of how fucked up and skewed the title is. The pigs were at butcher weight at the time they were slaughtered, but still the word "piglet" was used to evoke horror at the image of poor cute and tiny baby pigs being slaughtered for meat.

rainz

humane slaughter or burn to death in a fire

tough one there
Humane slaughter....
An oxymoron if ive ever seen one sorry.

"A typical slaughterhouse kills up to 1,100 pigs every hour. The sheer number of animals killed makes it impossible for them to be given humane, painless deaths. Because of improper stunning, many pigs are alive when they reach the scalding tank, which is intended to soften their skin and remove their hair."

Pretty close to burn to death anyways mate..

Dice//

Banned
I'm all about eating meat but this is... Unnerving to me.

Don't start to pretend to have a conscious about eating meat now.
And even if you do, you gotta convince the rest of the world.

You need a bit of a black humour for this, but we eat meat, and this was meat well served.

Bacon is delicious. No issues with this from me.

Sounds like something slave owners would've said at one time about people born in to slavery.

I can't wait for the day when people stop using the suffering of Black people as the measuring stick for all other god damn things they find morally wrong in the world. I swear mofos won't lift a finger to actually help improve the conditions of Black folk but will lecture all day on the fucking internet how "X" thing is "something like slavery". I yearn for the day when people miss me with this bullshit.

Protip: I'm not an animal. Don't make the comparison. It reeks of pretentious white liberalism.

Don't start to pretend to have a conscious about eating meat now.
And even if you do, you gotta convince the rest of the world.

You need a bit of a black humour for this, but we eat meat, and this was meat well served.
I'd be a little uneasy if I spent time with the pig and gave it a name and shit. I don't wanna be best friends with what I eat.

I'd be a little uneasy if I spent time with the pig and gave it a name and shit.

How do you think meat used to be obtained? You had to raise the thing. Feed it. Tend to it. Then kill it. For the vast majority of human history this is how it was done. Didn't just order a #4 large.

I've been on farms where meat was freshly slaughtered. Shit, for special occasions when I want fresh meat I drive to Queens and pick out the chicken or duck I want while it's still alive and they kill it right there and get the meat for me. Super good. But more expensive.

Not at all.

This is an example of how fucked up and skewed the title is. The pigs were at butcher weight at the time they were slaughtered, but still the word "piglet" was used to evoke horror at the image of poor cute and tiny baby pigs being slaughtered for meat.

Ah that's my fault. It seems that was mentioned by multiple people before me in the thread. It would still unnerve me a little though. It wasn't that they were piglet's as much as knowing you're eating the pigs that you rescued. At least that's what unnerves me. I would still totally eat it though.

Only GAF could take something like this and turn it into an argument/controversy.
People literally wishing cancer upon firefighters? Really? REALLY?

Y'all need some Izumi Curtis teachings in your life.

One is all, All is one

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How does that taste? I've had rabbit before... I could probably eat dog if I had to. IDK about cats. I can't imagine cats taste very good.

It tasted...fine, I guess? I had it both raw and cooked. The ones I've eaten have all been rather lean. I don't think I'd ever order it on my own volition, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom