• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

Alexm92

Ill definitely pick this up at some point. I'm just after starting Dragons Dogma so maybe when I finish that. Love RE. REmake was amazing

Despera

Banned
I've played through this game 4 or 5 times. It's not the best Resident Evil game but it's not a bad game.
This. I remember finishing it and thinking it was a pretty fun game that just wasn't on par with the other entries in the series.

I can understand the criticisms, but it is in no way as bad as some people would have you believe.

But then again there are people who compare something as good as Code Veronica with Dead Aim, and you know the world is filled with delusional individuals.

I preordered for Steam even though Resident Evil 0 wasn't my favorite game when it released for Gamecube.

That said, I want to give the game another shot and support the old style of games.

Oh BTW, question to people here with the PC review versions, does it support XInput and DInput?
Asking because if it does I do not need DS4Windows for my DS4 controller.

I preordered for Steam even though Resident Evil 0 wasn't my favorite game when it released for Gamecube.

That said, I want to give the game another shot and support the old style of games.
I think a lot of us are in this position, and I'd agree with some in the reviews thread that time might actually be kinder to it now that we know games are more rare than once imagined.

Or its flaws will be just as apparent since once again, it's releasing after REmake, the G-O-AT.

DOWN

Banned
If I want to go through all the mainline Resident Evils (I've played 4-6), would I be okay playing REmake HD, RE0 HD, then I guess REmake 2, RE 3, RE 4 HD and onward? Like will it screw me up playing in order of HD re-release, or is it okay to play RE 0 before ever having played RE2?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If I want to go through all the mainline Resident Evils (I've played 4-6), would I be okay playing REmake HD, RE0 HD, then I guess REmake 2, RE 3, RE 4 HD and onward? Like will it screw me up playing in order of HD re-release, or is it okay to play RE 0 before ever having played RE2?

I think you're OK to play in that order (although REmake 2 isn't coming out until next year I think, so you've got quite a wait ahead of you).

You should definitely play REmake before REmake 0 since the latter assumes knowledge of the former's plot and spoils some things.

Jawmuncher

great, costume packs. i was hoping the non preorder bonus outfits would be unlockable in game

i just wanted rebecca's sports outfit...

Well now we know why they made all those costumes.

Don't really care about Billy, but I do want the red rebecca outfit.

Is Control Type C in this game?

Yes(A,B,C,D,E), some other pics as well.

Well that's nice, so you do not need to finish it even once, the Rebecca Zero Beta costume looked interesting.
Thought so only the disc and a small sheet of paper I presume?
How big is it when installed? 11 GB? What control types are available?
LOL that's funny.

10.6GB. Also, no updates as of now which is nice. Nowadays any game releases and you're kind of expecting an update.

Jawmuncher

it's seems like it, checked the inventory as soon as the game started and saw I had a suitcase that I could equip and then from that I'd choose the costumes. Also, the retail version of the game is as bare bones as it can get, I mean not even a special menu or something, I just put in the game and it prompted me to install each game from the xbox dashboard itself.

Seeing as how I owned REmake when it came out, it's already installed so I just installed Zero and then jumped in as if I just bought the digital version of the game lol.

Nice to hear about the costumes for RE0. Shame they didn't make a nice little screen for the collection. Was hoping something like most HD collections. A nice splash screen and a title select.

Nice selection of control methods, thanks for that :)

10.6GB. Also, no updates as of now which is nice. Nowadays any game releases and you're kind of expecting an update.

I see we have to unlock the other costumes, at least the normal ones which would unlock while doing the 1st play through are there already.
Indeed, afaik in RE 1 HD there was no day 1 patch either, it was never patched too. Day 1 patches can be annoying I agree on that.

Are you sure it's not some sort of DLC code? Sometimes there will be 2 keys and one will be preorder bonus/DLC.

To my knowledge, I requested the refund before they gave out codes and I bought the game on Steam instead as it was cheaper (Canadian dollar). When I got my e-mail from GMG today, it was only a key for the game itself. Even if I login to my account. It shows up on there too.

DOWN

Banned
I think you're OK to play in that order (although REmake 2 isn't coming out until next year I think, so you've got quite a wait ahead of you).

You should definitely play REmake before REmake 0 since the latter assumes knowledge of the former's plot and spoils some things.

Yeah, but I think I can manage to space out my playthroughs and then wait out REmake 2's release. I haven't played REmake HD yet so I've got a ways to go.

Good OP.

One question... can the difficulty be changed mid-game? I don't remember how it was in REmake.

No, you chose your difficulty when you start a new game, you cannot change it mid-game.
@Darrenf
Looks like you have to buy them, no way to unlock them in any normal way.

Jawmuncher

So is there anyway to unlock the DLC costumes in game or do you just have to buy them?

Unless Death Metalist unlocks them by the time he finishes I kind of doubt it.

However the descriptions do mention
In-game purchases optional so they MIGHT be unlockable.
Maybe through leech hunter or something.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Aww man, that's not the same Type C that was in REmake. Would you mind posting images of the other control types? Type C in REmake mapped running to the right trigger, so you would hold RT to run straight and then only use the analog stick to turn left or right.

Jawmuncher

Still i'm very curious about the costumes now. Seems like they're DLC, but that one piece of text suggets you might be able to unlock them in game.

Melchiah

Yeah, especially for RE Zero, this game can be a PITA the first time you're playing it.

I guess I'll be playing it on easy then to avoid needless frustration, and possibly getting stuck somewhere along the way. I did the same with REmake, after I heard that easy is pretty much normal, and normal is hard.

I guess I'll be playing it on easy then to avoid needless frustration, and possibly getting stuck somewhere along the way. I did the same with REmake, after I heard that easy is pretty much normal, and normal is hard.

Yeah, Hard was really hard, I still remember.
Maybe I will start on Easy too, to get back into the RE Zero mechanics.
Hard is very hard in Zero, I can say that for sure, I completed it on GC.

Jawmuncher

I thought they changed it for REmake HD?
Where Easy was actually easy.

Hey , it's that dog

Where is my bro Leon :p

My copy shipped from Amazon so it should be here tomorrow and I'll finally finish resident evil 0 and then replay REmake , it's been so long

Do I get any costumes from pre ordering off amazon ? Or was it GameStop only? Or capcom store only?

Top Bottom