• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread

Steamlord

2015-08-10_00020.jpg
That carpet is breathtaking.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You made the carpet texture way better, and you made the seem invisible so it actually looks like one object. That looks leaps and bounds better.

Koozek

Hi again! Although I'm traveling and having to work on a 13" screen, I still have an update t share!

For this room there were a large number of UV mapping / 3D edits needed — many more than what is being shared below.

Enjoy the work in progress!

More shots up at the site (re4hd.com). Thanks!

Amazing as usual, you guys are crazy :) I wonder how your recreation process works. Do you use the original as a base image and draw over that? Do you use post-processing/up-scaling also or recreate everything from ground-up?

A lot of people don't care for the castle section but I've always loved the extravagant but decayed and eerie atmosphere that the castle exudes. I thought it made for a nice break after spending so much time in the rundown little village, and seeing all the painting and furniture textures redone will really enhance that even more. Great work as always.

Pez

I wish we could get someone with some shader experience involved in this project. Then it would go to ANOTHER LEVEL. =)

Looks great!

Bizzquik

This is amazing. And deserves a wide audience when complete.

When this retexture mod is finished, Capcom should just make it easy for everybody - and help the mod authors continue to get recognition for their work - by announcing Steam Workshop support.

robgrab

That room with all the jars and cans must've been a nightmare to redo. Your dedication and attention to detail is awe inspiring.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is left side cutscene ashley? Right side doesn't even look like ashley to me jesus. I guess I didn't look at her much or up close in game.

KyleCross

Is left side cutscene ashley? Right side doesn't even look like ashley to me jesus. I guess I didn't look at her much or up close in game.

Yep. Right is her in-game model and yeah, she's pretty "eesh." You don't really notice it tho because you don't get many opportunities to get a close up of her face in-game.

Just wanted to say incredible work, can't wait to get the full version.

Absolutely professional work, love your attention to detail, really amazing! Been following the project ever since a few months ago when I first found it :)

Will definitely try the Village sequence soon!

Someone just ripped the cutscene model of Ashley from the PC version.

http://saskeni.deviantart.com/art/High-Poly-Cutscene-Ashley-Graham-555096638
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/OFhFfbw.jpg[/img]

Would you be able to replace the in-game model with this as well as other cutscene models if you can manage to pull them? I don't know if that is possible, but at the least I guess you can get higher resolution textures from these models.

Not sure yet if it's possible to do it, but if it is, and the game remains completely stable, we will!

Parsnip

Swapping in the cutscene models would most likely require some rigging work, can't imagine the skeletons are exactly the same.

ShogunX

Once the project is complete I'll buy Resi4 on PC and I'm sure like many others here on GAF donate to you guys for you great work.

I wish we could get someone with some shader experience involved in this project. Then it would go to ANOTHER LEVEL. =)

Looks great!

Someone just ripped the cutscene model of Ashley from the PC version.

http://saskeni.deviantart.com/art/High-Poly-Cutscene-Ashley-Graham-555096638
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/OFhFfbw.jpg[/img]

Would you be able to replace the in-game model with this as well as other cutscene models if you can manage to pull them? I don't know if that is possible, but at the least I guess you can get higher resolution textures from these models.

This is the kind of stuff I grow more and more hungry for.

Cris and Albert are clearly doing the best work that's ever been done on a re-texturing project like this, but the quality of their work is going to make RE4's other flaws (the ones that have emerged with age) even more evident.

I want the whole modding scene to come together on this one and give RE4 the facelift it deserves in every facet.

televator

I'm waiting on Capcom to REmake the REmake of their original REmake. I need true 16x9 HD backgrounds damn it! They'll get around to is surely. They have no problem milking this franchise.

Nyoro SF

My favorite updates are when they discover the real-life match of a texture or object in-game. Like the one will the stony wall just blew my mind.

Golnei

The new floor texture obviously looks great regardless, but are you going to try and replicate the darker texture that's loaded for the closeups as well? It might not match the one in actual gameplay, but it would be more faithful to the original cutscene direction.

LOO~iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis~~!!

I hallucinated a second L and was scared and confused.

I'm waiting on Capcom to REmake the REmake of their original REmake. I need true 16x9 HD backgrounds damn it! They'll get around to is surely. They have no problem milking this franchise.

Unlike 0, the original source assets seem to be lost, otherwise they would have re-rendered them. And since just upscaling the existing backgrounds didn't hurt REmake HD's sales, they don't seem to have much in the way of incentives to redo them completely.

The new floor texture obviously looks great regardless, but are you going to try and replicate the darker texture that's loaded for the closeups as well? It might not match the one in actual gameplay, but it would be more faithful to the original cutscene direction.
Not in this case. This is an instance where this is clearly a continuity error, and so it's been corrected. Thanks!

Been watching this thread for ages and I'm continually blown away by the work you guys are doing.

And I figure that you'll be getting congrats and rewards by the bucketload when it's done, but in the meantime I've donated to help a little in getting you to the finish line. Never donated to any project or kickstarter before but this has really struck a chord with me.

Best of luck guys.

televator

I hallucinated a second L and was scared and confused.

Unlike 0, the original source assets seem to be lost, otherwise they would have re-rendered them. And since just upscaling the existing backgrounds didn't hurt REmake HD's sales, they don't seem to have much in the way of incentives to redo them completely.

They're remaking 2 though. I doubt they have original assets for that too and I somehow doubt they'll use the same PS1 backgrounds. I don't know.. Maybe if they redo all of RE2's assets, there could be hope.

Been watching this thread for ages and I'm continually blown away by the work you guys are doing.

And I figure that you'll be getting congrats and rewards by the bucketload when it's done, but in the meantime I've donated to help a little in getting you to the finish line. Never donated to any project or kickstarter before but this has really struck a chord with me.

Best of luck guys.

Thank you! Both for the words of support and the donation. We'll keep working hard on it.

Nerrel

The new update is another stunner. They actually modeled every wine bottle in 3D:

The detail on the control panels is also really sweet. Who in their right mind will be able to go back to the original after this? I'm hoping to hell that the Steam controller works well, because it's going to be hard for me to leave the Wii remote and Dolphin behind.

But I do have a complaint, sirs. Those are definitely pretzels, not Cheerios. I don't want to say this ruins the mod for me, but I'm definitely less excited now. Like, a lot less:
304F.jpg

Top Bottom