• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Davey Cakes

Weren't those Las Plagas creatures though? Resident Evil 4 had a guy that used a chain gun.
Yep, RE4 did it first. Don't forget about turrets and bazookas.

And while those portions of the game were still fun, they were probably the worst ones. This is why I don't want too much of that in my RE; it's already proven to be what I don't like about the new games. I could put up with crossbow-wielding cultists though.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
im confused, people in the first few pages were saying that they confused ashley with sherry in the past trailer. but this trailer was the first time sherry was shown.

also, this is the first time ive seen a release date for anything moved up

I really don't think that people who don't get excited by this trailer ever played any of the old Resident Evil games. Which is what I love =P

Also, what's #4? lol

We're splitting hairs now. >_>

Lol forgot what I was going to put there.

im confused, people in the first few pages were saying that they confused ashley with sherry in the past trailer. but this trailer was the first time sherry was shown.

also, this is the first time ive seen a release date for anything moved up

na she was in it but nobody knew it was her yet, she sounded (& inda looked) like ashley

King Boo

game just needs claire. and i will give the game a rating of 10/10 without even needing to play it!

lol so wesker had a kid? i thought there were a bunch of weskers running around. they must have changed that story line. i wonder who is the mommy.

happy to see sherry. glad they didn't forget about her. now how about barry and rebecca?

i like seeing chris angry all of the time. that was messed up how leon ruined his shot.

LiK

game just needs claire. and i will give the game a rating of 10/10 without even needing to play it!

lol so wesker had a kid? i thought there were a bunch of weskers running around. they must have changed that story line. i wonder who is the mommy.

happy to see sherry. glad they didn't forget about her. now how about barry and rebecca?

i like seeing chris angry all of the time. that was messed up how leon ruined his shot.
Probably just a Wesker clone. no mommy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pretty sure he had no mom, it's most likely a clone.

kitzkozan

I'm so wet.

I loved the idea of a new villain for the series who would be female. I had half hoped Excella would be the new bad guy.

But fucking ADA WONG as the villain, if this is true, I would be beyond happy.

How can she not be a villain? Isn't it her that's throwing a c-virus bomb in the pack of soldiers to mutate them? :p She crossed the point of no return and she is already pissing me off Wesker style so I think she's gonna become the main villain even if she's not the last boss in RE6.

We're splitting hairs now. >_>
Yeah but it just kinda ruins zombies now. Why make zombies return only to speed them up and use weapons. Tons of RE fans have wanted zombies to return for a while now so Capcom does but turns them basically into Las Plagas creatures which defeats the whole point of them returning.

Sure its looks and sound awesome and interesting.

But then I remember it's Capcom and Resident Evil so the story won't make any sens any way.

Still waiting for some gameplay. It might be good

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
The Leon Suplex sucked anyway, too many frames of vulnerability when he's trying to go back to his regular animation :p It's all about his round-kick, baby!

That voids your opinion. Head popping ganados with the suplex was the most satisfying aspect of the combat. Roundhouse was awesome for a crowd but the suplex required more skill to use and did more damage.

Adr1an

Quote from Game director: Eiichiro Sasaki

"In terms of length, each character’s story is a little bit less than RE5 but when you combine them together you’re getting something that is much longer. While each character’s story stands alone, all of the characters wind up in the same area of the game, in China, so there is a certain level of overlap. They stand on their own but they do overlap in certain areas. You don’t have to play them all, of course."

King Boo

i just remembered. wesker and birkin were friends...kinda.

now birkin's daughter, and the wesker kid/clone are friends. i wonder how the dads would feel about this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That voids your opinion. Head popping ganados with the suplex was the most satisfying aspect of the combat. Roundhouse was awesome for a crowd but the suplex required more skill to use and did more damage.
In terms of viability, the suplex was only there for 1v1 combat and who the heck engages enemies in 1v1? It's a fact that the round-kick was the overall better move for multiple reasons: AoE damage, AoE-knockback, shorter animation and full invincibility-frames throughout the whole thing. Being surrounded by Ganados and the game prompts you to do "Suplex" probably means you're going to die in the harder difficulties.

104j68.jpg

2a2jpe.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio6/index.html

Ezalc

Now all we need is Bruce McGivern. Also Leon won that fight fuck Chris and his roid rage. Sherry lookin' fiiiiine. Disappointed that this is the clone/son thing instead of that long lost wesker.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lol forgot what I was going to put there.

na she was in it but nobody knew it was her yet, she sounded (& inda looked) like ashley

ohh she was with wesker junior. but still, the long haired blonde-brunette at the start of the trailer was clearly ashley and the bright-blonde, short haired, girl later in the trailer was someone else entirely. anywhoo, that mystery is solved. thanks

edit: oh, thats helena harper? they made her face look just like ashleys, esspecially the chin. wow

So Ada went from sexy Asian woman, to slutty caucasian showing her breast?. Leon voice is awful, why they changed it, Paul Mercier was awesome.

Carbonox

The campaign length news and these new screenshots = ALL OVER MY FACE.

Such a shame that this is the only game I'm genuinely looking forward to from Capcom.

Dartastic

I'm sure this game will be great, but I'm still not buying it new. I'm not supporting Capcom after the shitstorm that is SF x Tekken.

Yoshichan

to close to bioshock infinite....now I have to choose based off of most appealing CE/LE.....CAPCROM!!!!!
Elizabeth DeWitt
or
Sherry Birkin

You choose!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
In terms of viability, the suplex was only there for 1v1 combat and who the heck engages enemies in 1v1? It's a fact that the round-kick was the overall better move for multiple reasons: AoE damage, AoE-knockback, shorter animation and full invincibility-frames throughout the whole thing. Being surrounded by Ganados and the game prompts you to do "Suplex" probably means you're going to die in the harder difficulties.

We'll just agree to disagree. They both have different purposes and were designed to be used in sequence. Roundhouse kick a group of enemies then finish them off, one by one, with the suplex.

I've killed at least 5x as many enemies with the suplex than I did the roundhouse, and I would do it on professional using only a non upgraded pistol. I was able to beat the game on pro with a non upgraded starting pistol and it was a blast. So tell me what would you do when you got later in the game and lots of enemies had metal face masks?

Well, I'm positively surprised. Nice to have familiar characters back. RE5 seemed so out of context for the most part.
But there's something really unappealing about RE6, at least based on the trailers we've seen. I can't put my finger on it. The character models are bothering me, but that's not it. Maybe because the whole franchise is a mess and this doesn't look like cleaning it up at all.

Capcom on moving the date up

"First, let me say that we're not really afraid of other companies and their titles," Resident Evil 6's executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi told Eurogamer when asked if there was any game in particular that had prompted the change.

"The problem for us is when we brought this idea to the dev team and told them they'd have to cut some time off of their dev cycle to put this out early - that was the scariest thing, not the fear of other company's games."

"After we announced the game back in January, the reaction from fans was pretty impressive," continued producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi. "In response to that, we decided that we wanted to get this game in people's hands as soon as possible."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-10-resident-evil-6-release-date-brought-forward

Mr. Fix

Hype trailer! Can't believe it's October 2nd now.

Leon vs. Chris is probably going to be the RE5 chapter 5-3 moment for me. I'm surprised the game's supposedly 3 times longer. I'll assume 2, but even still, it's a huge improvement. I was expecting each scenario to be 3-4 hours.

Also with Sherry in the picture, where the fuck is Claire?! I'm hoping they at least show Jill/Claire in the end to ensure a DLC story.

And Ada's looking more Asian in this game brehs.

Top Bottom