• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Will this game have a multiplayer component?
But dam nice to have 30 hours(dev time) worth of singleplayer.
Which will likely result in 18 hours for the average gamer.

I'm gonna play as Jacob Wesker aka Cole McGrath aka Sgt Nathan Hale aka Eminem first. Dude seems cool.
That's pretty skilled. You had the bolt action rifle which is powerful but a nightmare to use against crowds in tight places. Limiting your ammo was a nice touch. I use to collect golden eggs in the same manner. Treasure hunting was a nice touch to the game as well. So many great game design choices by Mikami.
Such a good game.
Mine Thrower + Semi-Auto Rifle = God Combo

Course, SAR is already broken.

Anth0ny

WOAH WOAH WOAH THEY MOVED THE DATE BACK?

tumblr_m03diwFt4v1r2okwqo1_400.gif

Love Sherry's new look - she looks obviously like an older version of herself from RE2 (minus the sailor suit, but I think when she met Leon in the trailer, she has a sailor-looking top).

Leon actually looks his age to me, which is a good thing.

Muller's design is kinda meh, but he looks pretty cool to play as.

Helena's looking good as well.

Piers looks like how Chris did in RE1 - love the homage (even if it's unintentional).

I'm digging Chris' new look, basically he just looks like he got a haircut from RE5 really, but somehow, I kinda wish he'd spike up his hair for old-times' sake.

He is just a little older with a clipped hairstyle.

I think it's more than that. His hair is a different color, his lips and ears look differently shaped, he has more facial hair, etc. The differences are subtle, but they add up to a fairly distinct model that can't be explained simply by age. Same goes for Leon.

Nemesis_

Clarification on the three styles of horror.

"For example, with Leon we have more of a gothic-style horror. That might be what some consider to be more of a traditional style of horror for this game. Then with Chris, his is more militaristic-style horror as he works his way through the different stages of his mission.

"Then the new character, Jake Mueller, the horror that comes from his storyline is the fact that he's being chased by something… and this thing is relentless and won't let go."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Absolutely. But I can guarantee you that my opinion is not a minority. Go back and read the RE4 topic.
Your opinion is the minority, sorry :) You should probably go back and play the game again.
You beat the game with only a knife?
Are we measuring our RE4-penis here, and compare something that has nothing to do with suplex vs roundhouse? Okay, I have 12 copies of RE4. How many do you have? Less? Sorry, then I'm obviously the better player here.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
HUD looks okay but too close to Dead Space. eh whatever, it's a HUD.

I agree. That style hud looks like something you would see in a futuristic holograph type system which made sense in DS with the Soldier RIG suit you wore. The visor gave you that hologram type effect on everything. As long as I can gauge my health, with a glance, then it's all good.

Wait a minute. This game doesn't have regenerating health does it?

Aggelos

Actually on the official JP site there is a notice by the Executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi
on why they changed the release date.

Although the announcement of Biohazard in January had been a pressing matter, we were very elated to receive massive feedback from round the world. Whilst being able to keenly sense the high expectations that the fans bear for out game, we perceived, simultaneously , that there was a "voice" in the distance implying to us that the fans covet for experiencing the game as faster as possible. As we where compelled to live up to such a demand, we debated the issue with the dev team. The upcoming result was to be able to push the release date a little bit earlier. We hope that with this update on the release date, the fans would be no more than astonished and hence please everyone look forward to our game!

This just looked incredibly cheese. The art and tech team on this game are top tier, but the writing and voice acting....jebus that was bad :/

This just looked incredibly cheese. The art and tech team on this game are top tier, but the writing and voice acting....jebus that was bad :/

Since it's Resident Evil, I always go in expecting cheese in my writing and voice acting. It wouldn't be the same without certain levels of it.

Trailer looked amazing. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 but there was too much micromanagment - it was too old school inventory wise. The game was a ton of fun though playing with a friend.

Any word if this is a day and date PC release? One can hope.

olimpia84

Game looks really good and the story seems very promising albeit cheesy. Will probably get day one but I wonder if a mainline RE game will ever go back to the old classic gameplay and style of the original.

I think it's more than that. His hair is a different color, his lips and ears look differently shaped, he has more facial hair, etc. The differences are subtle, but they add up to a fairly distinct model that can't be explained simply by age. Same goes for Leon.

can't find the original pic my avatar is from but compare this
chris_re5___s_t_a_r_s____by_chrisredfieldre1-d3c1h1p.jpg

to it and you can tell the resemblance to RE5 Chris differences being 6 years older and hairstyle.

though I agree other tweeks here and there.

Top Bottom