• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I assume not if it plays like Revelations.

I was about to say that Revelations didn't have much campaign co-op, but then I remember that it did, and it was throughout the entire game. That is how non obtrusive your partner was. It didn't detract from the experience at all.

News Bot

Banned
Some choice excerpts from the Famitsu article:

It is believed that the C-Virus was mixed with a nutritional drug which someone distributed to soldiers of an anti-government army.

The C-Virus makes a host enter a chrysalis state, where it gestates and becomes a "perfect organism".

Jake is unaffected by the C-Virus.

Sherry is an agent like Leon and Helena, same agency. After a few years of house arrest following the Raccoon City incident, she was freed and became an agent as a "bargaining point".

Nizz

Forced campaign co-op again? Interest rapidly declining. Someone tell me you won't be babysitting the AI's health and inventory at least.
Yeah, not too happy about that. If it's something closer to RE4 than I'm ok. But if it's closer to RE5 than that's a little disappointing. Besides that, game looks cool though. Happy about the ability to move and shoot in this one.

Now I'm praying that the PS3 is up to par with the 360 version.

Forced campaign co-op again? Interest rapidly declining. Someone tell me you won't be babysitting the AI's health and inventory at least.

They introduced it in 5 and they won't can't go back as itd seem like feature skimp. Thank god its not like gears3 4P mode.

dokish

Banned
I wanted to take Dragon's Dogma for PS3, but with this demo thing... Damn!

But if the demo is anything like RE5 (short, not showing much), I can wait and just see youtube videos.

Special J

Banned
i remember people gave chris so much shit cause his bulging muscles. capcom looks like they scaled those down. now people complain about his hair, guess people will never be happy

Haunted

Hey Dennis how about you stop making .gifs of random fucking timestamps, I've already seen the video online.

Kinyou

Ugh, full campagin co-op.

I just don't understand why the gamedesigners limit themselves so much.
Now Chris will never be separated from his team, Leon will never have to fight alone against a huge amount of zombies and you'll never have to chase a huge monster through the whole city after it just kidnapped Sherry.

All of this doesn't work because the second player will always have to be able to control some character.

What was so wrong with the magic second master chief that appeared in the Halo 1 co-op mode? You don't have to integrate it into the campaign. Only a fraction of a fraction will actually pay attention to the story when they'll play through it with some buddies.

Mitama

Damn, this looks awesome. Ever since the PSX I've been wanting to get into Resident Evil; I just never got around to it. I've played (and beaten) Resident Evil 4 before, but that was with friends and we just passed around the controller when we were about to pass out. :D

Sooo.. with the Gamecube remakes out (and possibly others?) I've been wondering what is the best order to play these games in and which versions?

Does anyone here still remeber RE Damnation? I have a feeling that they will tie something from RE 6 in this GC movie the same way they did with RE Degeneration by
referring Tricell. about 5 seconds before the film ended

Haunted

Again, the new guy looks like a logical evolution of the original Chris design, the actual RE6 Chris looks even worse than 5's. >_>

y so angry?
Sometimes Dennis needs a little kick in the dick in the balls to start selecting better moments to .gif. :p

dokish

Banned
They still can make it more "horror-ish", for example, by limiting the arsenal of guns. Just your basic pistol, shotgun, magnum and maybe some sub-machine, without a lot of stuff like RE5.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Ugh, full campagin co-op.

I just don't understand why the gamedesigners limit themselves so much.
Now Chris will never be separated from his team, Leon will never have to fight alone against a huge amount of zombies and you'll never have to chase a huge monster through the whole city after it just kidnapped Sherry.

All of this doesn't work because the second player will always have to be able to control of some character.

I always thought that most problems like these could be solved by if more people join they just become generic soldiers, allowing co op with narrative freedom. No game designer seems to like this idea though.

Mupod

Damn, this looks awesome. Ever since the PSX I've been wanting to get into Resident Evil; I just never got around to it. I've played (and beaten) Resident Evil 4 before, but that was with friends and we just passed around the controller when we were about to pass out. :D

Sooo.. with the Gamecube remakes out (and possibly others?) I've been wondering what is the best order to play these games in and which versions?

There's only a remake of the first game. The gamecube versions are good but have fun finding them, might as well just play the playstation ones. Avoid the PC versions of everything but 5.

Play them in order starting with REmake, RE Zero is a prequel but you can fit it in anywhere (I'd recommend waiting until finishing 2).

Again, the new guy looks like a logical evolution of the original Chris design, the actual RE6 Chris looks even worse than 5's. >_>

Piers or Jake?

If the former, Piers looks much like Chris did in the beginning of the RE series really. If the latter... I don't see how Chris shaving his head would've been a logical choice.

Still, there will probably be unlockable costumes/DLC for this game I'm willing to guess so it's probably moot to whine about Chris' hair for the most part. :p

Muzzy

Is this posted already?

New key visual

image_resident_evil_6-18869-2422_0001.jpg

Special J

Banned
jvaWP.jpg

Holy fuck, is this the HUD in the bottom right corner? wow.

surprised that capcom had humility to take a step down and take inspiration from dead space. the UI being the most obvious but also things like more action oriented gameplay, movement while aiming, and if you look in the hud there is a green RB prompt which is likely a quick button for healing like in dead space.

Carbonox

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT A SECOND.

What is that new and ugly aiming reticule that I only see in FPS games? Where's my laser sight that looked so much better and helped with accuracy?

Also, what is the HUD based on due to its shape? Is it supposed to mirror Leon's weird futuristic phone screen? Cos that would be a cool touch.

Haunted

Piers or Jake?

If the former, Piers looks much like Chris did in the beginning of the RE series really. If the latter... I don't see how Chris shaving his head would've been a logical choice.
haha, talking about Piers, obviously. And yes, he's more similar to Chris' RE1, REmake and CV appearances than RE5/6 Chris.

What is that new and ugly aiming reticule that I only see in FPS games? Where's my laser sight that looked so much better and helped with accuracy?

Also, what is the HUD based on due to its shape? Is it supposed to mirror Leon's weird futuristic phone screen? Cos that would be a cool touch.

Oh shit, you're right. A crosshair what :(

This is terrible, where the hell is the laser!?

haha, talking about Piers, obviously. And yes, he's more similar to Chris' RE1, REmake and CV appearances than RE5/6 Chris.

Piers' hair reminds me of TinTin

tintin-movie-2011-still-6-620X400.jpg

Mitama

There's only a remake of the first game. The gamecube versions are good but have fun finding them, might as well just play the playstation ones. Avoid the PC versions of everything but 5.

Play them in order starting with REmake, RE Zero is a prequel but you can fit it in anywhere (I'd recommend waiting until finishing 2).

Thanks! Yeah, sorry, I meant updated versions. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Wait, is there a gameplay trailer? I missed it.

Agreed. Granted though, it's kinda hard to gauge how old Piers is exactly from the released media. If it turns out he's like 30-31, then I'll have to question just how exactly the artists decided to age Chris as they have.

...and then I'll be slightly bitter/annoyed as Chris' appearance in UC->DSC->Revelations looked like it was logical aging to me.

Top Bottom