• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Sadist

The C-virus entombs those it infects in a chrysalide, and what pops out comes as a surprise - think of it as a particularly nasty brand of Kinder egg.
ALIENS

The enemies that emerge are know as the J'avo, and they're the centrepiece of Resident Evil 6: the headline additions that promise to push the new combat system to its limits. When struck with a bullet, the stricken limb regenerates and mutates into a new and often unpredictable form, the idea being that they're a constantly evolving enemy that require a constantly evolving strategy if they're to be conquered.
Sounds awesome

Mr_Zombie

K2zj6.png

Game Structure.

So Beards Nevence is now Piers Nivans :(

Nemesis_

Is it confirmed the female is Ada?

Not officially. However the voice is incredibly similar. The red motif is still there in the form of the scarf. The pose that she has before she jumps out the window is just so Ada like. Also, the biggest and most obvious I feel is the way she looks at Leon while Chris is pointing a gun at her. Then Leon just begins battle with Chris.

It's pretty obvious, at least I think so.

Unless they start stepping into cloning territory like the RE movies do. Which I will not forgive them for, ever. The new RE film is filled with clones of old and new characters. It looks like a mess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've killed at least 5x as many enemies with the suplex than I did the roundhouse
Killed? Perhaps, but have you used the suplex more than the roundhouse? If yes, then I have a hard time believing that, simply because the roundhouse is something you'd want to use in more situations than just "IT'S-ALL-ABOUT-1v1-DAMAGE!" (which the suplex is, it's there for one purpose).
and I would do it on professional using only a non upgraded pistol (yes I beat the game on pro with non upgraded starting pistol and it was a blast).
I've done more challenging stuff than that, since you know, RE4 is my most played game of all time (not counting MMORPGs) :)
So tell me what would you do when you got later in the game and lots of enemies had metal face masks?
Game mechanics that's forcing you to use other skills doesn't count. We're talking about the practice-all-around-area in the start of the game. Also, suplex isn't even a guaranteed kill against the ganados with metal mask, and you're vulnerable to other attacks after the animations.

edit: but hey, to each his own, right?

soultron

Banned
So Sherry is Dr. Birkin's daughter, right? Was she the little girl in RE2?

I haven't finished all the RE games and am wondering who she is and why she's so special.

Nemesis_

I would accept Mercenaries DLC. It's so weird for me that Capcom haven't capitalised on this yet. MORE MAPS, MORE CHARACTERS, MORE LOADOUTS etc. It just seems like a no brainer and it still hasn't happened.

Mercs is just so fun, fast paced and addictive. I hope they do a good jobe with RE6. I could forgive them for not including my faves if they instead go on and include them in the Mercs mode.

30 hours of gameplay?

Sounds WAY too long.

Three different campaigns, following different styles of gameplay. Not a huge amount of variation, but I assume enough to keep things interesting. Also, I doubt it'll be 30 hours exactly. Probably a little under.

I haven't finished all the RE games and am wondering who she is and why she's so special.

Yup!

go2vg.jpg

She has strong ties to Leon, but more importantly Claire. I'm hoping with at least Chris (Claire's brother) as well as Sherry, that Claire will make a return but I know I am getting a bit too expectant. Following Resident Evil 2 she was in custody by the US Government. Now she's here, in RE6.

I would accept Mercenaries DLC. It's so weird for me that Capcom haven't capitalised on this yet. MORE MAPS, MORE CHARACTERS, MORE LOADOUTS etc. It just seems like a no brainer and it still hasn't happened.

Mercs is just so fun, fast paced and addictive. I hope they do a good jobe with RE6. I could forgive them for not including my faves if they instead go on and include them in the Mercs mode.

Mercenaries reunion?

Sadist

Yup. She's special because she was infected (and cured) with the G-Virus in 2 by her father.

Apparently the US government caught her and Leon after the events of RE2. Ever since then, they have taken care of her.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Killed? Perhaps, but have you used the suplex more than the roundhouse? If yes, then I have a hard time believing that, simply because the roundhouse is something you'd want to use in more situations than just "IT'S-ALL-ABOUT-1v1-DAMAGE!" (which the suplex is, it's there for one purpose).
I'm just telling you my history with the game. I am sure that I'm not remotely alone on this issue.

I've done more challenging stuff than that, since you know, RE4 is my most played game of all time (not counting MMORPGs) :)
You beat the game with only a knife?

Game mechanics that's forcing you to use other skills doesn't count. We're talking about the practice-all-around-area in the start of the game. Also, suplex isn't even a guaranteed kill against the ganados with metal mask, and you're vulnerable to other attacks after the animations.
We are? Why would we only talk about which move is best during the area in the demo? You can't even use the suplex on those enemies.
edit: but hey, to each his own, right?
Absolutely. But I can guarantee you that my opinion is not a minority. Go back and read the RE4 topic.

soultron

Banned
I'm pretty sure that RE4 took me about 25 hours, so I could see it work.

Yeah, I feel like I played RE4, the first time through, for about 25-40 hours. I honestly can't remember. I feel like it was about 35, to be approximate.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions about Sherry Birkin!

george_us

I'm pretty sure that RE4 took me about 25 hours, so I could see it work.
Resident Evil 4 had godtier pacing and one of the best designers of our time working on it, things Resident Evil 5 didn't have and things that 6 probably won't have.

Still looking forward to the game though, the China setting has me pretty excited.

Carbonox

When they say they're cutting off some time for development, it means they're doing that so they can re-release the cut off parts as DLC. DUHHHHHHHH

I beat RE4 on Pro with 7 special rocket launchers in my inventory, without using or dropping any of them. You only get one line of inventory left over, and the only gun that fits is the single shot rifle with no extra ammo.

PIERS NIVANS: REVEANGEANCE

I think the Muller campaign will be fun, Leon's will be best for tension and all that Resi stuff you love, and Chris's will be... eh.

Sherryyyyy! :OOOOO

I love how much fucking black and darkness is in Leon's screenshots.

However, I hate, HATE, the new HUD. RE4/5's circle was perfect :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I beat RE4 on Pro with 7 special rocket launchers in my inventory, without using or dropping any of them. You only get one line of inventory left over, and the only gun that fits is the single shot rifle with no extra ammo.

That's pretty skilled. You had the bolt action rifle which is powerful but a nightmare to use against crowds in tight places. Limiting your ammo was a nice touch. I use to collect golden eggs in the same manner. Treasure hunting was a nice touch to the game as well. So many great game design choices by Mikami.

Impressive trailer, now I'm all hyped up! Unfortunately, I was some RE: Revelaitons spoilers in this thread :(

You're not talking about the Raid Mode stuff I was on about are you?

KorrZ

Not gonna lie that trailer got me pretty hyped. This game is looking great and the new release date is much appreciated.

For those complaining that 30 hours might be too long- You guys are missing the point that it's 3 separate campaigns that equal 30 hours in total. So you have 3, 10 hour stories (more likely 6-7 hours each). Which is pretty great especially since they're saying they're all going to play a bit differently (Leon -> RE4, Chris -> RE5, new guy -> ???).

Nivans looks like a cross between Francis York Morgan and Alistair. Curious to see if he's at all amusing like those two characters (probably won't be).

And looking closely at Chris' face, it almost seems like they changed him more than Leon. I don't know if I've ever seen a developer outside of The Legend of Zelda franchise take such artistic license with the appearance of its characters. And although I'm entirely displeased by the loss of Paul Mercier (he is gone, right?), hopefully the new guy will at least get to spout a few deadpan lines.

Top Bottom