• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys, you both enjoyed the game, just in a differt way. Nothing to fight about ;)

HE DIDN'T ENJOY IT THE WAY I DID! THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!

(I think RE5 kinda sucks, to be honest, but I actually thought co-op made it BETTER. It's the rest of the game that sucks ass)

Arklite

Well, I added a response to this in my previous post (this thread moves fast!), but plenty: any Metroid game, any Silent Hill game, Amnesia, RE4, the list goes on. My fiancee and I enjoy watching each other play single-player games when there's not co-op, but not every game benefits from forced co-op. In those games built around co-op, then sure, playing with a friend is probably more fun - but obviously because the game was designed with that mechanic in mind, just like other games were designed around the single-player experience.

Yeah, games need to be designed with co-op in mind to work, and I think that's the point here. People are complaining about the co-op in this game, which is a game designed with co-op

Complaints about co-op options due to people not wanting to engage in the actual co-op is a problem for the individual who bought the game without much thinking.

Yes, I remember that leak! Jake Muller and Pier Nivans were in that list!

Leon S. Kennedy
Helena Harper
Chris Redfield
Piers Nivans
Jake Muller (Wesker's son)
Sherry Birkin
Ada Wong
Carla Radames (Ada's clone)
So.. she's an Ada's clone?? So lame....

Yeah I researched it. The leak mentioned all of these names on top full co-op the entire time and three seperate scenarios that eventually became intertwined.

And just like that the entire plot has been spoiled for me. Much like how RE5's plot was pretty much spoiled and everyone knew Jill was the masked person.

Aggelos

Thanks for the translation. Could you do Piers?

Ya sure.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio6/character_piers.html

Piers Nivans, the young ace of BSAA.

Similarly to Chris Redfield, he is a member of the North American BSSA branch.
As a naturally gifted sniper, he is said to be one of those who cannot simply miss a target, while exhibiting excellent concentration and sharpness. He can be characterized not only as a person with a strong sense of responsibility, but also one with an astute discernment. Therefore, being a person of that particular quality, he is not only considered an invaluable asset during the battle, but he can also lead and influence his comrades into the correct course of action while in the midst of manifold situations. Regardless of being a pensively diligent soldier, he strikes people as being both extroverted and of unbiased kindness. In view of being totally trusted by Chris Redfield, there is no doubt why Chris regards him as the figure who will carry BSAA on his shoulders one day.

MrDenny

Yeah I researched it. The leak mentioned all of these names on top full co-op the entire time and three seperate scenarios that eventually became intertwined.

And just like that the entire plot has been spoiled for me. Much like how RE5's plot was pretty much spoiled and everyone knew Jill was the masked person.
... I shouldn't have entered the thread. Learn how to put spoiler tags people!

It's so weird for me to be looking forward to this. I'm not a fan of most of the games in the series, except for REmake and Zero, but I actually really like what I'm seeing here.

RE5 is a really boring game for me, because it has no real identity. It's an amalgamation of action movie aspirations, bogged down by it's recycled gameplay setup.

But this looks awesome! It looks like it knows what it's trying to do in terms of tone. It's got very nice graphics, smooth looking gameplay with new mechanics, all wrapped up in a setting that looks fun as hell to explore!

v1oz

Graphics definitely are not better than RE5. Low res textures are alot more apparent and the aliasing as well is more visible. Just from watching the trailer. Which is surprising because for example the Gears of Trilogy got nicer with each instalment.

605604_120410_screen013.jpg

605604_120410_screen017.jpg

resident-evil-5-20090304024729169.jpg

shevacostume_01.jpg

Beth Cyra

Wow, the RE1 Chris thing comes in like a kick in the teeth with this.

Even more so because of the Sniper thing and how it was mentioned about Chris in RE1 and even RE2 how he was an excellent marksman.

Yup, Piers is gonna die in RE6. Callin' it now.

I would put money on Chris being the one to die in a heroic fashion and Piers escapes with Leon/Sherry/Ada.

Even their Bio's feels like they are breeding this guy to take over Chris' role.

Curufinwe

I played some co-op on RE 5 on my Professional run, and it didn't really add that much to the experience and it was still nowhere near as much fun as playing RE 4 solo. And on 2-3 it made the awful Ndesu boss fight even worse.

sleepykyo

Graphics definitely are not better than RE5. Low res textures are alot more apparent and the aliasing as well is more visible. Just from watching the trailer. Which is surprising because for example the Gears of Trilogy got nicer with each instalment.

605604_120410_screen013.jpg

605604_120410_screen017.jpg

resident-evil-5-20090304024729169.jpg

shevacostume_01.jpg

Larger environments?

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm having a hard time caring much about RE these days. Will wait to see how it turns out before getting excited.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't play co-op?

Eh it's not that easy. This and RE5 are built around co-op whether you have a human person bothering you or an incompetent stupid AI that bothers you. That's why it should be separate modes so you can build a decent story and game around SP and let people who absolutely need to have someone with them at all times have their own little mode.

Oh well at least Dragon's Dogma won't have co-op. I can only pray the AI won't hold me back like RE5's though.

Trailer didn't do a whole lot for me for some reason. I'm definitely excited for the game as it seems they are trying to go back to their roots some. After Re5 I guess this can only get better.

Piers truly sounds like Chris 2.0 really.

...gonna probably be disappointed if/when he dies in RE6. (ーー;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are we really comparing shitty trailer feed quality from an unfinished game, to the PC-version of a released game?

edit: ffs, what did Dennis do to get banned?

Eh it's not that easy. This and RE5 are built around co-op whether you have a human person bothering you or an incompetent stupid AI that bothers you. That's why it should be separate modes so you can build a decent story and game around SP and let people who absolutely need to have someone with them at all times have their own little mode.

Oh well at least Dragon's Dogma won't have co-op. I can only pray the AI won't hold me back like RE5's though.

RE5 isn't really built around Co-op. The game barely makes use of this element of the game, with only a few sections requiring you to even acknowledge your partner. Usually it's just to get to a tiny secret.

Have you never played RE before?
Only RE5 and then mostly in co-op. Don't remember it having so many conversational bits, but maybe that's because I spent my time staring at Sheva.

I loved the co-op and satisfying shooting encounters though, so this new game has my interest at least.

- J - D -

I would put money on Chris being the one to die in a heroic fashion and Piers escapes with Leon/Sherry/Ada.

Even their Bio's feels like they are breeding this guy to take over Chris' role.

Hmmm, that's possible too, but I'm not counting on Capcom having the balls to kill off one of their most popular heroes. I guess they could temp kill him and bring him back later.

Xpliskin

Just a warning for those who haven't seen the trailer: The number of spoilers is absurd, don't watch it if you want to discover the story.

Can someone confirm how the solo plays ? Is the co-op partner controlled by bad AI again ?

gogogow

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2012/100/605604_120410_screen013.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2012/100/605604_120410_screen017.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/959/959362/resident-evil-5-20090304024729169.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/11/shevacostume_01.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
RE6 has better lighting than RE5 and the RE5 shots you posted are bullshots or PC screens. Gears 3 has zero AA.

I'm still sad about Mike in RE4.

I strangely get attached to some of minor characters in these games - like Mikhail in Nemesis or even Rodrigo in CV. Probably due to them having a bond to the lead characters and creating that sense of camaraderie between them.

LiK

Just a warning for those who haven't seen the trailer: The number of spoilers is absurd, don't watch it if you want to discover the story.

Can someone confirm how the solo plays ? Is the co-op partner controlled by bad AI again ?
no one knows how the AI buddies will play out.

I'd kinda like it if Chris was killed off and Piers lived. However, what would they do with Claire and Jill?

RE5 isn't really built around Co-op. The game barely makes use of this element of the game, with only a few sections requiring you to even acknowledge your partner. Usually it's just to get to a tiny secret.

The game forces a co-op partner onto you is the point they're making. It's not fun to try and play a single player game while having to worry about supplying ammo to a dumb AI, having to make sure she comes with you to the next room or worrying about her health.

Piers Nivans, the young ace of BSAA.

Similarly to Chris Redfield, he is a member of the North American BSSA branch.
As a naturally gifted sniper, he is said to be one of those who cannot simply miss a target, while exhibiting excellent concentration and sharpness. He can be characterized not only as a person with a strong sense of responsibility, but also one with an astute discernment. Therefore, being a person of that particular quality, he is not only considered an invaluable asset during the battle, but he can also lead and influence his comrades into the correct course of action while in the midst of manifold situations. Regardless of being a pensively diligent soldier, he strikes people as being both extroverted and of unbiased kindness. In view of being totally trusted by Chris Redfield, there is no doubt why Chris regards him as the figure who will carry BSAA on his shoulders one day.

So he's a traitor then

Beth Cyra

Hmmm, that's possible too, but I'm not counting on Capcom having the balls to kill off one of their most popular heroes. I guess they could temp kill him and bring him back later.

True. However they are aging the cast, and at a reasonably quick rate. Chris is going to need to hand off, and everything about this guy screams Chris Redfield replacement.

The two bio's end just screams it. Going from Chris' being about him coming to terms with something and then throwing his life away only to have Piers having Chris feel that the man would be the leader of the BSAA.

Of course I could be reading into it, or maybe Capcom misdirecting but I really do think there is a good chance we could see the first major RE death on the hero side.

I want some gameplay footage from Leon's campaign. And not a bunch of 2 second flashes, something that actually shows me how the game is played.

Badass trailer though, so glad Chris and Leon are finally in the same game together

Top Bottom