• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Curufinwe

The game forces a co-op partner onto you is the point they're making. It's not fun to try and play a single player game while having to worry about supplying ammo to a dumb AI, having to make sure she comes with you to the next room or worrying about her health.

I would prefer the AI characters play like the ones in Uncharted.

benzy

They're from IGN 360. I'm pretty sure they're console shots, RE5 had really good image quality, really sharp.

Press shots always go on all IGN channels, regardless of which platform they're actually taken from. And re5 on consoles looks nowhere near that sharp and jaggy free.

oh oh, the game's viral website implicates Sherry.

ueOGy.jpg

OWCrb.jpg

Cousin S. The Birkin Family?

But her mom is dead?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ah yes...

Thread wasnt complete til someone compared a completed PC version of a game to a game thats 6+months away in alpha phase.

Vamphuntr

But her mom is dead?

The story is a clusterfuck anyway. Both of her parents are dead and according to Dark Side Chronicles Sherry was captured by the government. They used her as a bargaining chip so Leon would join the special force group and do the Javier mission.

The story is a clusterfuck anyway. Both of her parents are dead and according to Dark Side Chronicles Sherry was captured by the government. They used her as a bargaining chip so Leon would join the special force group and do the Javier mission.

Perhaps she's sending it to her adoptive mom. Who knows.

Beth Cyra

Killing Chris really?

Hope not.

I would hope not.

That said, killing off side characters isn't going to be enough forever, and with Chris getting older and older it could be a good way to add shock value by killing someone popular as well adding both a fresh lead and also giving something to drive multiple characters.

Pros:
Leon
China

Cons:
A. effing forced co-op
B. zombies (enemies) shooting guns?!

fingers crossed this game keeps the survival horror

I know running and gunning is a key feature to tps, but theres something just more thrilling about not being able to move. I'm actually hoping that while running/gunning you're speed is significantly reduced, or the speed you're running at affects your accuracy.

sleepykyo

I would hope not.

That said, killing off side characters isn't going to be enough forever, and with Chris getting older and older it could be a good way to add shock value by killing someone popular as well adding both a fresh lead and also giving something to drive multiple characters.

Jill or Ada would probably be the first to go. Older males are far more widely accepted than older females. And it would be safer test, since male leads are normally more important to the series.

Pros:
Leon
China

Cons:
A. effing forced co-op
B. zombies (enemies) shooting guns?!

fingers crossed this game keeps the survival horror
I know running and gunning is a key feature to tps, but theres something just more thrilling about not being able to move. I'm actually hoping that while running/gunning you're speed is significantly reduced, or the speed you're running at affects your accuracy.

That's over with. Just hope that the atmosphere is good and that the combat mechanics are good at this point.

v1oz

RE6 has better lighting than RE5 and the RE5 shots you posted are bullshots or PC screens. Gears 3 has zero AA.
The lighting is better but personally from what I've seen RE6 looks more flat. Its darker and they've over done the texture baking on the characters. Pretty much all the details are baked giving it a more 'video gamey' look. RE5 could get away with alot because it was more saturated and the overall art direction. Gears has no AA but the IQ and texture work has definitely got a lot better.

Indeed. I also did the entire game/AP solo and enjoyed it But then I usually don't have as much problem with AI secondaries as some others (even Eileen in SH4).

Anyway, been catching up on this and unless they royally screw something up here, RE6 will continue the RE main entries as being one of very few day 1 purchases I indulge in.

My thoughts on the trailer:

- I still hate the fact RE is taking himself so serious, I loved the one liners in RE4 and the whole 80's action movie feel. That leads me to....

- .... I hate RE6 Leon, where's my RE4 Leon?!!

- I really like the mix of characters, we needed more Ada Wong and Leon story, have Sherry back is a good thing, but I don't know why we have to deal with Chris "stoneface" Redfield. He was in RE5, Revelations and RE6, that's too much for one of the worst characters on the series. Where's Claire?

- Leon and Chris fight, GO Leon!! GO!! Don't let Chris touch your bitch!

- Wesker's son?! lol, RE wackyness plot at is finnest, I loved it!

- I assume that "Leon=RE4" means ganado/zombie types of enemies with melee weapons as much and more grimm ambientation, while "Chris=RE5" means the cover mechanics and enemies with weapons (aka some of the last chapters in RE5). And thanks to capcom for letting us know that classic RE is dead.

Basically I'm liking it very much what I'm seeing, I really want to try the demo. Right now is day one for me.

Also who is this guy?:

znWKF.jpg

Was RE EVER scary? I don't remember it being scary. I remember Jill Sandwich, Master of Unlocking, Complete Global Saturation and a dog coming through a window.

My advice would be to play Amnesia if you want scary. RE is not, and never has been scary.

Considering co-op makes literally every video game better, I don't see the point of not playing co-op when it's available.

REmake is the scariest experience in my memory, so yeah I would call the series scary. It's not that anymore by a long shot, but it was rooted in it.

And co-op doesn't always make a game better. Personally I would have enjoyed RE5 a ton more had it not had forced co-op, since it was so incredibly obvious in the overall level design and game they had to make compromises in the play experience to accommodate two players.

I really hope they have taken the mistakes of RE5's co-op into consideration this time. I just want to experience the game without seeing compromises everywhere or forced co-op moves.

∀ Narayan;36824869 said:
Ah, so that blonde girl is Sherry.

Is the villain Ada? Doesn't really look or sound like her.

Not a fan of the new HUD. Looks really tacky.
I'm not sure if it's "tacky" per se, but it looks too futuristic. Like it belongs in Dead Space.

Dacon

Banned
Graphics definitely are not better than RE5. Low res textures are alot more apparent and the aliasing as well is more visible. Just from watching the trailer. Which is surprising because for example the Gears of Trilogy got nicer with each instalment.

605604_120410_screen013.jpg

605604_120410_screen017.jpg

resident-evil-5-20090304024729169.jpg

shevacostume_01.jpg

This is from a bit back but uh, those RE6 screens look like trailer grabs and not really direct feed.

The Re5 screens look like pc bullshit, my 360 RE5's IQ doesn't look that great on my HD tv.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EVERY IRRATIONAL RESIDENT EVIL FAN PLEASURE ZONE BEING HIT AT ONCE AAAAAAAARGH

Carbonox

Dare I say an Ada clone is a terrible idea for a franchise that introduced Wesker as one of many similar children, and a son of Wesker. Ada clone is just too far even for me. So stupid. :p

Dare I say an Ada clone is a terrible idea for a franchise that introduced Wesker as one of many similar children, and a son of Wesker. Ada clone is just too far even for me. So stupid. :p

Wait what?

I hope you're making that up.

Seems like Ada will be a main villain...I guess.

Wesker Jr. looks more like Cole from infamous than Wesker.

Chris vs Leon? What? Leon is probably protecting Ada from Chris...still if she's really the source of this whole clusterfuck, protecting her sounds just dumb.

Concider me hyped.

He loves her, he can't let the woman he loves die just like that!!

Seik

Banned
Seems like Ada will be a main villain...I guess.

Wesker Jr. looks more like Cole from infamous than Wesker.

Chris vs Leon? What? Leon is probably protecting Ada from Chris...still if she's really the source of this whole clusterfuck, protecting her sounds just dumb.

Concider me hyped.

Wait what?

He loves her, he can't let the woman he loves die just like that!!

Well, if the circumstances are that my chick is a bio-terrorist, plus concidering everything that Ada has done to Leon in the past, plus concidering that killing her could avoid a global crisis: *schtk schtk -- BANG*.

Carbonox

Wait what?

It was outed in some leaked character list in January that got every character name correct so far (called Piers Nivans, Jack Muller, Sherry Birkin, etc. before their names were officially confirmed today). Ada Wong was also listed alongside this supposed clone.

Rinoa

I also wish the clone thing wasn't true.

Oh well, double the Ada action for Leon. Aka even more duplicity/confusion for emotions lol.

babysit Sheva

If anything it was Ashley who we ever had to babysit.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Oh my God, my beloved character Chris gets infected, this should be interesting!
Leon finally gets to lock-horns with Chris!
The game is 3x longer than Resident Evil 5!

Haven't we met before? ---> Haven't I kicked your ass before?

Sherry!!

C virus is the same as Spain, so no real Zombies?

The use of video cassettes? Priceless.

What's with the release date?

It was outed in some leaked character list in January that got every character name correct so far (called Piers Nivans, Jack Muller, Sherry Birkin, etc. before their names were officially confirmed today). Ada Wong was also listed alongside this supposed clone.

I didn't wanted to know that, but oh well...

Yeah, it's pretty awful.

Neiteio

OK, just saw the trailer. I think I'm less HYPE because all my gaming needs are fully met right now with Kid Icarus (yessssss), but I definitely like what I'm seeing. Is there a version of the trailer without the distracting subtitles, though?

Aggelos

Sherry FTW!!!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio6/character_sherry.html

Sherry Birkin, the woman sent off to protect Jake.

Sherry Birkin is the only daughter of the Birkins' (married) couple, the individuals responsible for the creation of the G-Virus and subsequently the Raccoon City Incident in 1998. During the aforesaid incident, Sherry was able to escape from the hell-like city through the help of Leon and the others, but her father implanted a G embryo inside her body, that resulted in turning her an "object" of strict surveillance by the US. Several years later, running out of options as she was, Sherry's only bargaining card was to become an agent for the US in the purpose of escaping from the state of confinement. She really didn't wanted to be seen, as she had been/lived in the past, ever again. Having kept deeply inside her this hope, Sherry receives her instructions/orders now that she has just entered the realm of agents. Her mandate is to sneak in the war-zone of the republic of Edonia, situated in Eastern Europe, and ensure the safety of a man, under the name of Jake Muller, who allegedly has been carrying some sort of special bloodtype. One could really wonder whether the dramatic escape of the dutiful and gentle Sherry along with Jake, is able to become a ray of hope against the nightmarish ordeal that they will both encouter.

I think the HUD looks pretty cool, especially if it's basically linked to a watch/cellphone/some other piece of technology that's on the person.

Top Bottom