• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour demo now on PC [Steam]

would it have support for VR headsets? or is it PS4 only?

EDIT: Exclusive for a year I see... Just saw a but of posts up

Does anyone knows how much space does it take?

Roldan

Really want to try the demo to see how my PC will handle the game. It probably won't run all that well, since I just have a mid-tier laptop, but this game is REAL cheap on brazillian Steam. Like, half-the-price-charged-on-PS-Store cheap.

Mifec

So....

You're not going to play a game(that could be geat)because of DRM? Glad I didn't feel that way when it came to DOOM. id removing it has had no impact on performance, for better or worse.

Yes, I'll wait when it's 20 bucks or I get gifted if it's a Denuvo game. It's already 33 on cdkeys so I won't have to wait long.

But if its on Steam then you'd be using a DRM version anyway?

Steam DRM and Denuvo are nothing alike.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So....

You're not going to play a game(that could be geat)because of DRM? Glad I didn't feel that way when it came to DOOM. id removing it has had no impact on performance, for better or worse.

Some people value not supporting anti-consumer business practices over playing a vidya game.

Roldan

For the sony deal ? Sony have an exclusive for a year, right ?

People believe the code for VR implementation will be on the PC version, though (and they're probably right). Just it won't be accessible by ordinary means.

As soon as people crack the game open, bang.

jediyoshi

Yes, I'll wait when it's 20 bucks or I get gifted if it's a Denuvo game. It's already 33 on cdkeys so I won't have to wait long.

How much would you wait for it to be on sale if it didn't have Denuvo? Do you use a flat price threshold or a percentage?

Some people value not supporting anti-consumer business practices over playing a vidya game.

A little...hypocritical to then say "I'll still give them money later...when it's super cheap...or someone else spends their money on these anti-consumer practices and gifts it"

Jawmuncher

Has Capcom released a game with Denuvo prior to this? I don't think so, but this is their first AAA release in a little while, possibly since its use became more widespread.

Capcom does have a lot riding on Resident Evil 7, and looking at a lot of other recent AAA releases. Denuvo doesn't seem to be as big a factor as it used to be when it comes to people buying a game that has it.

Maximo

So....

Pretty silly to judge someone for not wanting to support a game due to DRM, he doesn't want to support a anti consumer pratice good for him I personally haven't pre ordered a game in 8 years its not hard to pass on a game these days. Doom was the only game I purchased with hard DRM otherwise I don't touch games with them and looks like ill sadly be avoiding RE7 now. But I agree on the silliness of *ill wait till a price drop or if its gifted,* like his morals suddenly disappear if someone gives it to him.

luca_29_bg

People believe the code for VR implementation will be on the PC version, though (and they're probably right). Just it won't be accessible by ordinary means.

As soon as people crack the game open, bang.

Denuvo means "usually" more or less 3 months for CPY but it's a big game, so who knows.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Better played with kb/m or controller?

We'll know fully in a little bit, but I will add the controller option is fine (judging from the PS4 controller), and RE games usually have quite good keyboard and mouse support (with a lot of customization options too).

"Play Game", true sequel to the classic "Dummy Finger". Well done Capmoc

Also since I haven't been paying attention but know the name and that some games have had to remove it, what's the deal with Denuvo that makes it worse than other forms of DRM?

Pretty silly to judge someone for not wanting to support a game due to DRM, he doesn't want to support a anti consumer pratice good for him I personally haven't pre ordered a game in 8 years its not hard to pass on a game these days. Doom was the only game I purchased with hard DRM otherwise I don't touch games with them and looks like ill sadly be avoiding RE7 now. But I agree on the silliness of *ill wait till a price drop or if its gifted,* like his morals suddenly disappear if someone gives it to him.

Right. That was my point. Why is it ok as long as you don't spend your money? Shouldn't you respectfully decline? I probably won't be day1'ing RE7 based on how I feel about gameplay mechanics and design choices. I'm not sure this will be the RE series I love. If it's a great new fresh take, hey, that's awesome! I'll be waiting for reviews and the opinions of those here on GAF that also love the older RE games.

Skab

Why do people dislike Denuvo so much?

Actually asking here, I never paid much attention to DRM stuff as non of it has ever really bothered m.e

Cels

Actually asking here, I never paid much attention to DRM stuff as non of it has ever really bothered m.e

dunno, doesn't bother me either, it's less intrusive than some other forms of DRM too. there is also no evidence that it causes worse performance. i understand the hate for securom and starforce though..

i'd understand the hate for denuvo more if these people were opposed to all forms of DRM and only bought their games on GOG or DRM-free only

Rellik

No idea. Has little to no performance impact, stops the game being stolen through the launch window and companies have even started to remove it after the launch window so the game preservation argument doesn't even hold anymore.

SURGEdude

No idea. Has little to no performance impact, stops the game being stolen through the launch window and companies have even started to remove it after the launch window so the game preservation argument doesn't even hold anymore.

If there was a guarantee by a publisher that a game would remove it I would be willing to buy a game with it. But since there isn't and many games don't remove it I refuse to pay close to full price for it. And for what it's worth I'm in the preservation camp so the performance and mostly hasslefree nature aren't my primary drivers.

Jawmuncher

The masteress of unlocking.

Gamefly it is then. I'll buy it down the line when they either ditch Denuvo or it's on deep discount (Halloween perhaps?).

Mistress?

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you the mattress of unlocking, take it with you."
untitled2jcr9w.png

SURGEdude

How does Denuvo impact unlocking VR?

(I don't know much about how it works.)

Depends. If it's just an config txt file shouldn't make a difference. If it involves actually modifying the data or exe then it'd be a no go.

I'm not entirely convinced it's actually in there waiting to be activated though.

To me getting it cheaper or free would lessen my rage if the Denuvo servers ever get turned off and I can't play my game.

Carlius

Banned
denuvo has made me buy games and i do not regret it one bit, in fact, ive bought more games than ever now that denuvo is in.

Accoun

How does Denuvo impact unlocking VR?

(I don't know much about how it works.)

It's an anti-tamper, which means it makes it harder to analyze and modify the executable. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary the devs instead of removing it, just locked it out because it's easier and less messy.

Maximo

oh well, looks like SOME people wont play a DEMO cause of denuvo. i may understand the full game, but not a demo. its free. anyways, denuvo has made me buy games and i do not regret it one bit, in fact, ive bought more games than ever now that denuvo is in.

No one has said that?

Top Bottom