• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
RE7 my ass. This is Revelations 3, length and all.

I am sure the budget for this game was rather conservative and the design helped made the game ideal to make it easy for them to have it as a numbered title.

RikkTheGaijin

Capcom Artist
The one guy who finished the game said that you can unlock infinite ammo. I think that is his second playthrough. He said that the game was fantastic, and trust me this just sold me more. Friend of mine just preordered the Deluxe Digital edition based on these leaks. Trust me, this is selling your game!
I don't know if you noticed my tag...

Resident Evil 1 had an early Japanese VO but they ditched it and continued without Japanese until Revelations.
Yeah, that was during a time when Japanese developers were big on only using English VAs to make it feel more American. They also did the voice direction too, that's why the voice acting is so weird and stilted because they directed it by how cool the English lines it sounded to Japanese speakers.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Walking around in circles while repeatedly shooting an eyeball at point blank range?

Musou games have more interesting boss fights than that.

Zelda ocarina of time already beat them to it years ago.

RE7 my ass. This is Revelations 3, length and all.

raw

You're right. It's a PHENOMENAL boss fight.
the boss does dwell with RE4's in terms of 'shoot the eye' like Saddlers etc... but the first person view kinda makes it janky imo
Really feels like the game was designed with VR in mind primarily, especially when Jack picks you and chucks you, it would feel good with VR on I recon.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Walking around in circles while repeatedly shooting an eyeball at point blank range?

Musou games have more interesting boss fights than that.

No they don't and I love Musou games. This is a pitch perfect RE boss fight against a truly goddamn fantastic looking BOW. A mixture of Uroboros and the G Virus. The eyes. My God, the RE fan in me is crying inside. The gameplay is pitch perfect. This is what a RE boss fight would look like in first person.

Why Capcom hid this shit I'll never know. This is what we wanted to see the whole time!

Blueblur1

Zelda ocarina of time already beat them to it years ago.

At least it had a secondary mechanic to expose the weak point; which was always done by using the item found in the dungeon.

This on the other hand isn't unique at all. Disappointing if this how all of the game's boss fights play out.

No they don't and I love Musou games. This is a pitch perfect RE boss fight against a truly goddamn fantastic looking BOW. A mixture of Uroboros and the G Virus. The eyes. My God, the RE fan in me is crying inside. The gameplay is pitch perfect. This is what a RE boss fight would look like in first person.

Why Capcom hid this shit I'll never know. This is what we wanted to see the whole time!

216.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Video of bakers motives and ship exploration being uploaded.

Davilmar

Taking a look at that boss fight with Jack, I am rather underwhelmed. I have so many mixed feelings with this game. Heck, I have played almost every entry Resident Evil since 2, so I am not unfamiliar with design changes. The whole game being a first-person horror game is not my style, but I could get over that. Nothing from the leaks that I saw regarding Ethan, Mia, Jack and other characters looked or sounded compelling. I know I don't know much about the narrative, but a haunted house in the middle of Louisiana with a guy stalking you with a heavy Southern accent makes me roll my eyes. This boss fight with Jack where you basically shoot his eyes didn't make the combat look interesting. I haven't discounted the entire game yet, and I think I will have to wait on reviews. I just feel at the moment from the leaked footage (including the ending link) all accumulates into a game that seems more like a Resident Evil side story than a titular game. I guess time and impressions will tell.

Zaverious

So has there been any information on other files pertaining to this game or connections to other RE like the Alyssa Ashcroft and Clive O'Brian stuff

Taking a look at that boss fight with Jack, I am rather underwhelmed. I have so many mixed feelings with this game. Heck, I have played almost every entry Resident Evil since 2, so I am not unfamiliar with design changes. The whole game being a first-person horror game is not my style, but I could get over that. Nothing from the leaks that I saw regarding Ethan, Mia, Jack and other characters looked or sounded compelling. I know I don't know much about the narrative, but a haunted house in the middle of Louisiana with a guy stalking you with a heavy Southern accent makes me roll my eyes. This boss fight with Jack where you basically shoot his eyes didn't make the combat look interesting. I haven't discounted the entire game yet, and I think I will have to wait on reviews. I just feel at the moment from the leaked footage (including the ending link) all accumulates into a game that seems more like a Resident Evil side story than a titular game. I guess time and impressions will tell.

I feel like the game can really shine outside of boss encounters. The ending without a doubt is quite underwhelming, but they seem to aim for the journey rather than the end vibe as their main priority for the game. I mean if you look at RE1 ending, its rather bland, but knowing that the mansion getting blown up is satisfying due to the journey taken.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
This whole Hunk/Chris discussion is giving me heavy flash backs of the first Resident Evil 5 trailer with the Sherry/Jill debate :lol:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Tell me now, what makes this boss different that any other RE boss? See the people who just hated on the game since the first day it was announced as first person, are the same one shitting on it right now. There's nothing that the game could do, to work for you.

Which RE boss has ever been amazing? LOL

Going way back to RE1 and REmake.. the bosses aren't anything exciting. And please don't say RE6.. omg...

dlauv

Shooting the eyeballs isn't bad in theory if the movement were more interesting and the fov weren't so low. It's like you can't even see the boss. I'm sure it will be tense-ish.

Edit: I didn't notice the infinite ammo.

KyleCross

Yeah, that was during a time when Japanese developers were big on only using English VAs to make it feel more American. They also did the voice direction too, that's why the voice acting is so weird and stilted because they directed it by how cool the English lines it sounded to Japanese speakers.
Actually, the actress who played Rebecca in RE1 did the voice direction. She had no experience but she volunteered. Some years ago she stated that she was proud of what she was able to accomplish by winging it.

Also supposedly the reason the Japanese VO was cancelled was because the acting was bad and they couldn't afford better. Due to the language barrier they were unaware the the English voice acting was also bad.

Tell me now, what makes this boss different that any other RE boss? See the people who just hated on the game since the first day it was announced as first person, are the same one shitting on it right now. There's nothing that the game could do, to work for you.

Personally I found it a bit underwhelming as well compared to the first two Jack fights, as I also found Evelyn to be terrible. That's from being rather positive about the game and still thinking it looks great.

Saddler and whats-his-face from Revelations 2 had similar target spots/goals, but the surrounding mechanics and design encounter was more involved.

Linkura

Wait is Mia Eveline's mother? And if so, she didn't tell Ethan she had a kid when they were married and everything? :O

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Which RE boss has ever been amazing? LOL

Going way back to RE1 and REmake.. the bosses aren't anything exciting. And please don't say RE6.. omg...

I agree, every RE boss fight ends up being:

Run away from boss -> fires a few shots -> run away from boss -> fires a few shots

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
This has actual context though.

Oh I agree, the whole Umbrella Logo on the chopper is the biggest give away.

Just imagine a casual player finishing the game for the first time.

"What a happy ending, it's nice to see those umbrella dudes save Ethan and Mia and get to live in peace for the rest of the life's :)"

Happy ending indeed :lol:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Personally I found it a bit underwhelming as well compared to the first two Jack fights, as I also found Evelyn to be terrible. That's from being rather positive about the game and still thinking it looks great.

Again, what makes it different? What makes it bad?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Instead of shit gifs, tell me of a RE boss with different mechanics. Tell me what makes this boss any different, that any other RE boss.

Simmons, for all his faults was an amazing boss fight. Heck every final boss in RE6 was interesting in one way or the other.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Next DLC ending scene playing as one of the soldiers at the end clearing up

dfc9cv7kegvx.gif

Blueblur1

Instead of shit gifs, tell me of a RE boss with different mechanics. Tell me what makes this boss any different, that any other RE boss.

Its undeniable that RE has had better boss fights. Even the Mendez fight in RE4 is more varied and interesting. Regardless, arguing over a boss fight is not a good use of anyone's time.

Shooting at giant glowing eye balls or the equivalent to that is like a tradional RE boss.

You should read the post that follows. But basically, they can aspire to create something better.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Simmons, for all his faults was an amazing boss fight. Heck every final boss in RE6 was interesting in one way or the other.

What makes Simmons different? Keep in mind I platinumed RE6 on PS3 and PS4.

Its undeniable that RE has had better boss fights. Even the Mendez fight in RE4 is more varied and interesting. Regardless, arguing over a boss fight is not a good use of anyone's time.

Oh fuck it. You know what? You are right. It's not worth our time and GAF is better than this fanboyish shit. Let's agree to disagree.

dlauv

The Mendez fight is honestly one of the best in the series, so, as sad as that is...

The Krauser chase is probably the best boss in the series, before the climax of the fight itself.

Edit: Simmons fucking sucked, lol. Anyone's guess as to when he's rocking super armor with all of that transforming.

KyleCross

I love RE6, but none of Simmons fights were exactly good. Hell, one was a turret sequence.

His transformation animations were sick tho. Dude was a human jigsaw puzzle.

Top Bottom