• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

Again, what makes it different? What makes it bad?

See my edit.

I can also add that there's really just the sweeping arm attack and two movement sets. It's slow and lumbering, to where you're not really under much threat. It's saving grace is that it does rely on being much of a bullet sponge.

There's worse bosses throughout the series. But that doesn't mean I can't find it disappointing.

Why did you find it so great looking outside of the nostalgic eyes design?

Favorite fights:

Mendez
El Gigante
Nemesis Courtyard
Krauser
Revelations2 Uroboros
REmake Tyrant Helipad

Least favorite

Centipede
Bat
Irving
Simmons
RE5 Gigante

Blueblur1

What makes Simmons different? Keep in mind I platinumed RE6 on PS3 and PS4.

Or you've never accept the first person view and everything about RE7 sucks for you. Again. Why is the Chief Mendez fight better? I want details here.

• Better environment leading to traversal where you can get cornered or escape.
  • Larger variety of weapons in the game leading to more interesting combat.
  • Second phase of the boss fight where the boss has changed his attacks and can be knocked down by a specific weapon (grenades).
All of this is more interesting than running in circles and shooting at an eyeball.

If you can't see that then I don't what to tell you. You're not going to make me swallow your opinion though. :)

Edit: (And by that I mean, your opinion is your own and you're not going to force on it on me. Agree to disagree.)

Abelard

You can just pretty much stay put, aim on the center of the screen and keep shooting nonstop. Thats the worst boss fight in the entire franchise, maybe even one of the worst of all games

To be fair, that player has infinite ammo, I don'y know if that's an unlock or a deliberate game design choice. If it is infinite ammo, than a player would have to strafe around for the weak spots as ammo is scarce.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What makes Simmons different? Keep in mind I platinumed RE6 on PS3 and PS4.
I liked his last fight where he would try to regenerate using the zombies in the arena and you had to stick a zombie with a lightning rod and lure him into absorbing that zombie to do damage. You also then stab him with the lightning rod. Also visually, that multitude of transformations were dope.
I love RE6, but none of Simmons fights were exactly good. Hell, one was a turret sequence.

His transformation animations were sick tho. Dude was a human jigsaw puzzle.

Interesting is the operative word. :p

Having one character get super powers during the HAOS fight, fighting Ustanak hand-to-hand and Carla slowly absorbing the ship were super interesting concepts executed to varying degrees of success.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
14845381550546ksdu.png

What the Fuck

Pacotez

To be fair, that player has infinite ammo, I don'y know if that's an unlock or a deliberate game design choice. If it isn't infinite ammo, than a player would have to strafe around for the weak spots as ammo is scarce.

Fair enough. I will wait to see how that fight goes with a "proper" way of doing it.

For next page

bakers revelations and ship

Just refresh till it's done encoding.

Plot and communication reveals. Good one this.

The first 7 minutes are pretty good! I wished the whole game was like and without all the Amnesia/PT bs

Which RE boss has ever been amazing? LOL

Going way back to RE1 and REmake.. the bosses aren't anything exciting. And please don't say RE6.. omg...

latest

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
The latest footage confirms more thst Umbrella/Hunk was the third party and got to Ethan in time before anybotjers showed up like the real Redfield.

Vamphuntr

Wait what is she.

From what was leaked so far it seems she was created by Umbrella. They had her transported in the Tanker and she caused it to crash in the Bayou near the Bakers's home and Jack took her in. Which is why on the radio they are sending a team to kill her.

Wait what is she.

More or less someone that can mind control through touch. She has drugs that were suppose to keep her in check, but without them, she goes mental. It also creates the mold that can reanimate.

1408.gif

I knew there had to be some interesting shit to read in there when I saw it in the credits.

Ok so Mia isn't her mother. Then what is Mia's connection? Did she really just go over there to babysit?

Document mentions Handlers. Maybe she was one of them, and just didn't know what she was.

Jake2by4

Can only see certain parts don't have my glasses. Bioweapons division of who? Umbrella?

From what was leaked so far it seems she was created by Umbrella. They had her transported in the Tanker and she caused it to crash in the Bayou near the Bakers's home and Jack took her in. Which is why on the radio they are sending a team to kill her.

More or less someone that can mind control through touch. She has drugs that were suppose to keep her in check, but without them, she goes mental. It also creates the mold that can reanimate.

Got it

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Gah spoiled myself on the ending and some footage (noone to blame here, my own curiosity got me :p ). Looks absolutely superb though, really can't wait.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was mentioned that Mia was on the ship when it crashed? Is my my memory correct? If so it seems like she could be one of the Handlers.

Does it mention anywhere about Mia before the game as to what she does or who she worked for ? Is it just a case of she's gone and you're trying to find her ?

Could be a case of her working for Umbrella or a dummy corporation under Umbrella.

I think it was mentioned that Mia was on the ship when it crashed? Is my my memory correct? If so it seems like she could be one of the Handlers.

Bad (so sad we consider it bad compared to the "good") ending has a video of Mia saying see you soon to Ethan that mentions she's babysitting. We could go one of two ways with this:

- civilian handler that didn't know about all the bioweapon shit
- Mia is an Umbrella employee

KyleCross

ZombieFred are these your videos you're uploading? If so can you tell me just how much jump scares are in the game? They're the only reason I'm not planning to play it (jump scares cause me physical pain).

Jake2by4

Bad (so sad we consider it bad compared to the "good") ending has a video of Mia saying see you soon to Ethan that mentions she's babysitting. We could go one of two ways with this:

Second one because Mia said she didn't mean to lie to Ethan. Why lie about something if you weren't keeping a secret

Vamphuntr

The opening video from the game is Ethan looking at video files on his laptop. First one his the one from the bad ending. Saying she loves him and is eager to finish this baby sitting job. The other one is a scared Mia saying him to stay away. So it think both of your points are possible.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I actually like this story as a whole. One of Umbrellas secret projects gets leaked from the ship under disguise and hits a small area and becomes a more personal story involving new characters while filling small hints and nods to previous lore but also expanding on the threat of Umbrella still being out there and more dangerous than ever with old operatives like Hunk and others still holding the Mantle of biological weapons.

Personally I think it's smart on Capcom to go with this and having the opportunity to experiment with the new perspective and horror approach before expanding this further in the next game.

I actually like seeing a new character for once and his motivations.

Second one because Mia said she didn't mean to lie to Ethan. Why lie about something if you weren't keeping a secret

That's my guess too. Maybe the good ending isn't as sad as we think.
Maybe it's worse D:

On that note, confession time: I've never played a Resident Evil game (aside from 5 briefly; hated it). I know the story, or at least large chunks of it, but I have the itch. Problem? I'm a pussy. What's the best way to get into this series without shitting myself? I couldn't really do the Beginning Hour demo :p

Blueblur1

I actually like this story as a whole. One of Umbrellas secret projects gets leaked from the ship under disguise and hits a small area and becomes a more personal story involving new characters while filling small hints and nods to previous lore but also expanding on the threat of Umbrella still being out there and more dangerous than ever with old operatives like Hunk and others still holding the Mantle of biological weapons.

Personally I think it's smart on Capcom to go with this and having the opportunity to experiment with the new perspective and horror approach before expanding this further in the next game.

I actually like seeing a new character for once and his motivations.

Yeah, I like that about the story too. Especially with we've just read regarding Eveline and the theory that follows (Mia being an Umbrella employee).

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
LMFAO so it is actually Chris! Welp, I'm sorry for you Chris fans.

Sure it's "Chris". I mean we do know he loves to change his colour hair styles, voice, physical presence (especially with the film still not out yet andvsame old build!) and loves riding a Umbrella chopper :p

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

It isn't. Some chopper shows up to rescue Ethan and Mia, and that one guy who looks 100% like Hunk is like "It's me Redfield!". Then as they are being evac'd to the beautiful heroic music...the chopper is Umbrella Corporation. Not the Umbrella Corps. The actual goddamn Umbrella. Furthermore the BOW at the center of RE7 is their creation. They are back baby!

AdaWong

Sure it's "Chris". I mean we do know he loves to change his colour hair styles, voice, physical presence (especially with the film still not out yet andvsame old build!) and loves riding a Umbrella chopper :p

It isn't. Some chopper shows up to rescue Ethan and Mia, and that one guy who looks 100% like Hunk is like "It's me Redfield!". Then as they are being evac'd to the beautiful heroic music...the chopper is Umbrella Corporation. Not the Umbrella Corps. The actual goddamn Umbrella. Furthermore the BOW at the center of RE7 is their creation. They are back baby!

The credits clearly lists him as Chris Redfield. It's Chris lol.

Pacotez

I wouldn't be that much against umbrella cloning him. I mean, umbrella is into cloning and Chris is, well, Chris.
At least it would be better than pulling a Cap. America.

But yeah, thats definetly Hunk

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
The credits clearly lists him as Chris Redfield. It's Chris lol.

Sure it's listed as "Chris" but doesn't mean it's a ruse to keep the twist for the next game or DLC later to show players they've been tricked.

Edit: do you see any bsaa signia or gear? It was all Umbrella corpse stuff.

Top Bottom