• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

Zuzzissm0

If that person at the end is not Chris, my bet is not on them being HUNK, rather my bet is on them being 3A-7 from Umbrella Corps and The Organization that they belong to being this allegedly reborn Umbrella Corporation.

However, we don't know a lot of context for much of this. There might be more clues and information hidden in files on the ship.
is umbrella Corps Canon?

Like others have said, I like the smaller nature of this game. A lot of the RE games either focus on the Raccoon City outbreak or have to feature some new group with a new strain or parasite. It's cool that realistically a company like Umbrella would get shitcanned over a scandal as big as Raccoon City, but a lot of the sequels always seem to run into the issue with "okay, so who can make the virus now?"

RE4 did it interestingly with a terrorist cult and parasite, but all the games were driven by a meta plot of what Wesker (and Ada to a degree) is really after and his endgame (I also think that the reason fans want him back as they felt RE5 was a little anti-climatic for him).

This game is about being an average joe who is being tormented by other average people who were infected and driven mad by a virus (and Eveline), not lab-tested bioweapons run amuck by the plans or failures of another corporation. It gives an idea of what it's like to be a normal person in the RE world, something not seen since the Outbreak subseries.

(I also think that the reason fans want him back as they felt RE5 was a little anti-climatic for him).
I really never understood this, how in the world do you make it more climactic.

This
or
Jill grabbing the RPG instead of freaking Sheva.

Are the only ways to bump it a bit imo.

I really never understood this, how in the world do you make it more climactic.

This
or
Jill grabbing the RPG instead of freaking Sheva.

Are the only way to bump it a bit imo.
I feel like they could have made it more about the end of the meta story to the Resident Evil games up to this point. It felt like Wesker was playing a long con throughout the series, playing all sides and being the one to know what's really going on, only to end up like almost all of the villains: becoming a mutated mess. My issue isn't so much his boss fight, but the fact they wasted a character who has been a connecting antagonist since the very first game.

Clearly Capcom has felt his absence, as they wouldn't have introduced his son and legacy, his "sister", and maybe a way to bring him back in some form in their recent games.

What are the chances they follow-up on what happens with Natalia from Revelations 2? Cuz something tells me Capcom wants to bury what they tried to start in Umbrella Corps and R2.

DVCY201

If that person at the end is not Chris, my bet is not on them being HUNK, rather my bet is on them being 3A-7 from Umbrella Corps and The Organization that they belong to being this allegedly reborn Umbrella Corporation.

However, we don't know a lot of context for much of this. There might be more clues and information hidden in files on the ship.

Having not played Umbrella Corps, but apparently hearing that DC Douglas did indeed record new lines for it, aka Wesker is back in some shape or form, I like this theory. It makes much more sense, especially because Corps introduced to new background info on corporations obtaining samples, even introducing a new corporation I think.

DVCY201

How can Wesker even come back from the end of 5?

He's death for good.

He absolutely is. But the C Virus is a reality, if two Ada's can exist, then someone may want to recreate Wesker's genes. He had a particular set that is fine tuned for symbiotic relationship with many viruses. By and far, as Spencer said, he was the most successful of the children in that project.

He absolutely is. But the C Virus is a reality, if two Ada's can exist, then someone may want to recreate Wesker's genes. He had a particular set that is fine tuned for symbiotic relationship with many viruses. By and far, as Spencer said, he was the most successful of the children in that project.

Did the lava not exterminate all of his DNA?

But then it wouldn't be the real Wesker.

I really have to say this thread is an example of Spoilers doing good.

Even as a huge RE fan my interest was at like 10%.
Seeing "Redfield"(Hunk potentially) riding an Umbrella chopper seriously got me to 200% hype.

DVCY201

That's where Natalia comes in. Alex Wesker lives on through her.

Revelations 3 Plot: Natalia hid Barry's Keys, how will he ever get back into his house?

Realistically, I expect nothing from Alex Wesker until far later. She literally has no assets as far as I'm concerned. Capcom has been struggling to fill the void with memorable, current villians in my opinion. Jack is as close as we've gotten one, and he's done now

cheez124

have there been any videos/streams showing off more enemies? lack of enemy variety was one of my biggest concerns about re7, seems like it's just the bakers, moldymen, and some normal sized bugs in swarms

So how exactly did Zoe die when you choose her?
I saw them in the boat together and then her turning to stone or whatever,
however you then wake up as her and I didn't get to see anymore.

KAOz

Short bus special
Yeah, that ain't Chris at all.

Why would they change his look like that only to have him with his RE5/6-look in the movie coming out in May?

Would be pretty stupid.

Watched a few streams of it last night and...I'm not feeling it.

Being hounded by an individual rather than a horde (ignoring the other family members) just isn't scary, I didn't find the likes of Outlast or Alien Isolation scary in the slightest.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have pretty bad arachnophobia, can anyone tell me if I'm going to have a problem with this game? I haven't read this thread as I am on a RE7 blackout.

I'll say I much prefer what they've done with this game then continuing down the road to Shitsville that was RE5 and RE6 (IMO).

I hope the next game adds more enemies and either drops or lessens the focus of stalkers. To do this would mean more combat situations so they need to work out a few kinks in the melee system and add a dodge mechanic or something. Due to these things I'll be waiting for a sale too play this game.

Hope REmake2 is on this engine and has an optional first person mode because I think it suits the original series nicely.

gagecube

Banned
OK trying to dodge major spoilers ITT so I'm taking a few risks but what kinda enemies other than humans are we looking at?

Molded yes, what about other enemies? are there giant spiders and what not?

OK trying to dodge major spoilers ITT so I'm taking a few risks but what kinda enemies other than humans are we looking at?

Molded yes, what about other enemies? are there giant spiders and what not?
Seen some larger bugs, but nothing like the other games in the series.

There's a decent variety of Molded though. One reminded me of the leapers in Dead Space.

ElfArmy177

Watched a few streams of it last night and...I'm not feeling it.

Being hounded by an individual rather than a horde (ignoring the other family members) just isn't scary, I didn't find the likes of Outlast or Alien Isolation scary in the slightest.

Wait... So this IS like outlast or alien isolation? God damnit...

Top Bottom