• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

Why would anyone even bother reviving a company that was publicly responsible for the original outbreak decades ago, which was forced to halt trading by the US government and ultimately destroyed due to their illegal activities.

Why would you bother using the companies name, or better yet paint it on the side of your products?

Chris should have hired a marketing consultant.

Pacotez

Thats where I draw the line! That guy saying "Resident Evil" is sooo cool!

also
Totally NotHUNK Redfield guys
3cMkSbg.jpg

Thats the ugliest Chris I have ever seen.

Is this part 2 of "Capcom ruins your favorite character" after last months Dead Rising Frank West debacle. Frank being ruined was bad enough. Don't ruin Chris Capcom. Dont.

From what I have seen im guessing Jill won't be referenced in 7 and if the DLC or Vendetta don't reference her im just going to start assuming she retired after 5.
And let her awesomeness go to waste? That would be a bad move from Capcom.
Though it's true we haven't heard anything of her since Rev 2 (2011 in the RE timeline IIRC)

I hope we learn something about Jill in 7 or Vendetta.

Pacotez

And let her awesomeness go to waste? That would be a bad move from Capcom.
Though it's true we haven't heard anything of her since Rev 2 (2011 in the RE timeline IIRC)

I hope we learn something about Jill in 7 or Vendetta.

She is one of my favorite protags. I just want a game with Jill and Chris as partners, is it too much to ask? :( Capcom pls
Maybe there will be something about her on the DLCs

So cute ;-;

Easy_D

never left the stone age
atpsnc-ver-2-jpg.jpg

Wish CAPCOM went with that.

Jack keeps growing on me, he will probably end up being in my top 5 best RE characters

"A man full of responsabilities" Never change, Capcpom, there's always a fun revelaiton to find in your texts.'

Edit: Also him just pretending to be Chris makes sense, the DLC's name is Not a Hero for a reason, he's not the hero.

strafer

I personally hope Chris is gay, and Jill is just his best friend (also the only person who knows his secret).

I would give capcom major fucking props if they made Chris gay, but knowing how people reacted to Tracer being gay i can only imagine if Chris was.

But i would totally be for it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
{"data":{"error":"Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later."},"success":false,"status":500}

Whats wrong with imgur lately?

Yeah I've been getting that for days now. I just can't see anything else on Imgur.

Edit. Posting about it on GAF fixed it. They are watching.

Anyone thinking Chris is pining for Jill in any way are missing the giant pink elephant in the room. (Emphasis on the word pink.) He's had four separate female partners, (not including his sister), and there hasn't been even a hint of attraction on his part. And Capcom has been playing up Chris's gay appeal hardcore ever since the first expansion to RE5.

Piers is his one true love.

Anyone thinking Chris is pining for Jill in any way are missing the giant pink elephant in the room. (Emphasis on the word pink.) Capcom has been playing up Chris's gay appeal hardcore ever since the first expansion to RE5.

Piers is his one true love.
Never.
He can be bi I guess but Jill is OTP.

Leon gets to flirt and stuff because he is meant to be an over the top James Bond-ish agent.

Chris and Jill hardly break their professional attitudes in the entire series, and because we never see them outside of situations it would be weird if they tried to push their relationship in the middle of a game.
Chris has a few normal moments during the campaign in the series(rescuing Jill in 5 and Claire in DC).

cheez124

chris and jill is one of the few gaming ships i support. too bad it'll probably never happen. capcom would much rather focus on leon and ada's never ending game of cat & mouse
this is funny and all, but it looks like it could be an actual strategy to save ammo. just gotta bait him into getting into the car somehow. or maybe he only does it after a certain amount of time has passed?

AdaWong

Capcom is making Jill pull a Regina. They let Jill fade into oblivion. Poor her, got demoted to a side character in RE5 and didn't get to kill Wesker, then her ~main~ game was a prequel convoluted with other characters and had three other characters interfering with her supposed spotlight. She got undoubtedly the worst redesigns (even beats Ada's caucasian face) and has never, ever, been in a CGI canon film when all the main characters have (sans Wesker, he dead).

It's hard out here for a Jill fan, man.

Ada's the Harley Quinn to Jill's Catwoman. Jill will always remain a classic, but you cannot deny Ada's overtaking her in popularity: with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming soon, those Youtube wishlists usually mention wanting her as a playable character; another random thing but Tekken 7's classic character Nina has a new winpose that screams Ada Wong and a lot of the people in the comments (and streams of the game) mention it lol. (vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PBfn9NsrE). And then, the lovely Google Trends:

8PHxQZZ.jpg

also lol @ Claire and Rebecca

Never.
He can be bi I guess but Jill is OTP.

Leon gets to flirt and stuff because he is meant to be an over the top James Bond-ish agent.

Chris and Jill hardly break their professional attitudes in the entire series, and because we never see them outside of situations it would be weird if they tried to push their relationship in the middle of a game.
Chris has a few normal moments during the campaign in the series(rescuing Jill in 5 and Claire in DC).
Yet look at how he acts with Piers. Chris shows more emotion in their interactions than he does with any other character in the series.

I have no doubt that Chris cares for Jill a lot, and vice versa, but it has always read more as a close friendship to me, particularly as the series progresses. And they haven't exactly been subtle in framing Chris through a homoerotic lens, starting with RE5. Just take one look at the outfits they give him, how he rebuked Jessica, and his relationship with Piers, his first major male partner. I don't think that was the original intent for the character, but it's certainly what they're going with now. The subtext is all there, now it just remains to be seen if Capcom will have the guts to take it beyond that.

Capcom is making Jill pull a Regina. They let Jill fade into oblivion. Poor her, got demoted to a side character in RE5 and didn't get to kill Wesker, then her ~main~ game was a prequel convoluted with other characters and had three other characters interfering with her supposed spotlight. She got undoubtedly the worst redesigns (even beats Ada's caucasian face) and has never, ever, been in a CGI canon film when all the main characters have (sans Wesker, he dead).

It's hard out here for a Jill fan, man.

Ada's the Harley Quinn to Jill's Catwoman. Jill will always remain a classic, but you cannot deny Ada's overtaking her in popularity: with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming soon, those Youtube wishlists usually mention wanting her as a playable character; another random thing but Tekken 7's classic character Nina has a new winpose that screams Ada Wong and a lot of the people in the comments (and streams of the game) mention it lol. (vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PBfn9NsrE). And then, the lovely Google Trends:
8PHxQZZ.jpg

also lol @ Claire and Rebecca
Damn lol that spike for Ada,
378022921.jpg

Honestly though as much as I love that RE4 dress...
She looked cool as hell in 6.

Now that Piers(and hell, Wesker) is dead I don't want Chris to be gay. I'd be OK with him being gay with Piers, but he needs to be with Jill now that he's out of the picture IMO. They missed the chance for that one IMO

strafer

Piers was most definitely gay.

In a mail he sends Claire in Revelations 2 he asks for pictures of Chris. I mean it's not the biggest red flag.

Speaking for the men, we're all looking forward to the chance to work with you again. Our paths may not cross often, and I know you're busy, but it'd be nice to talk every now and then, even through email. Just between you and me, if you have any pictures of the Captain when he was younger, I'd sure love to see them! I hear he was very different back then, but he won't show us anything...

Nemesis_

Can anyone who has watched a stream tell me of they know what area the Blue Keycard is? I found the Red one in the weird room under the master bed room

Brhoom

Banned
Can anyone who has watched a stream tell me of they know what area the Blue Keycard is? I found the Red one in the weird room under the master bed room

I think inside Lucas's? Room. There is a hidden switch inside one of the item and go from there.

Maybe it's for another item?

Top Bottom