• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Boney

Banned
Final boss was a bitch, holy shit.
I didn't realize that you could unlock raid mode long before finishing, simply by clicking on the achievements, lol. Played it for 2 hours straight, already lvl 10 or so, already drowning in equipment. It's fun, but does this have any specific goals?
I'd gladly add anyone who's still playing it :)

ring me up when you get the the third difficulty, I also got it late and I need to do those.

I've also reached hard mode in Raid. It really is quite a step up compared to the past two stages, lol. I feel weak as shit, even with ~45 equip (ordinary weapons). Lvl 40 Pale Rider + charging shot is the only thing that kinda does some satisfying damage for me :/
I've seen people using some sort of granade launcher? wtf is this exactly..

JordanN

Banned
Gah, how do you successfully dodge Hunters?

I can't do it...
Same way you dodge Regenerators.

Carefully time your dodge before they attack.

Edit: I don't think you can dodge their "lunge" attack but you can escape when they slowly swing their arm at you.

I've seen people using some sort of granade launcher? wtf is this exactly..
I believe that's the RPG-7. You can buy it from the store (or unlock it via beating Hell Mode).

Anteo

NateDrake

Vita Port Incoming!
I was so sure this would stay exclusive, we'll see...

Edit:
"Queen Zenobia Cruise Lines is teaming up with Capcom to give one lucky winner the voyage of a lifetime! We're also giving away Nintendo 3DS(TM) consoles and copies of the Resident Evil Revelations game signed by Capcom developers."

Uh, so no port then?
Yay!

The site has been up since last November.

Anyone here who's done 500 missions in raid mode?
It probably is the final task, but I've got no idea what the reward is supposed to be. It says something like ,,Store: +1 random slots''. (Don't wanna look for the exact wording right now)

ataboada

Finally had the time to complete the game without distractions. Went into it not reading much of this thread because I wanted to form a good opinion. Anyway, I had a really fun time and was quite surprised about how it turned out.

Here are my bullet points:

• Great implementation of Episode recaps for every transition. I didn't really need them personally since I played it almost straight through, although I can see how playing it in short bursts won't leave you wondering where you last left off.
  • The loading lag was unfortunate but not completely annoying.
  • There was a good variety of enemies, although I would've liked same species to look a little different from one another, and not the same model for everyone. Also, how do the ranged BOWs grow an unlimited number of harpoons to shoot at you?
  • Normal difficulty was still a little on the easy side. Especially if getting a constant supply of herbs from the scanning of BOWs.
  • Wasn't expecting that quality of music and graphics. I enjoyed them both despite their little flaws.

GeekyDad

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode transitions just for what they added to the vibe of the game, and really, I think that's all Capcom was going for. And yeah, I would have rather they simply fade out the visuals than try to hide the loading the way they did. With something like Metroid Prime Corruption, you knew it was loading, but at least visually it wasn't obvious.

In any case, this game is probably the product Capcom should be proudest of, as far as what they've released in that last few years. To put something so robust, so polished, and so fun on a handheld is a damn fine job. I definitely got my money's worth, and getting your money's worth from Capcom is not a common occurrence.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just completed the game. How I miss old school survival horror RE.

How would you guys rank this game along with the mainline games? I'd say it's up there with RE2, CVX, and RE4.

vctor182

Anyone here who's done 500 missions in raid mode?
It probably is the final task, but I've got no idea what the reward is supposed to be. It says something like ,,Store: +1 random slots''. (Don't wanna look for the exact wording right now)

the 500 missions gives you +1 Random Weapon for purchase in the Store which I don't find useful since they're not level 50-49 weapons.
And it's not the final mission, next one is 1000 missions, gives you +1 Random Part in the store.

Also, what's the best Handgun? the G18 has high fire rate but low power, it's a ammo eater! I prefer M92F, good fire rate of 1.83, damage above 4k and a stock clip of 28 bullets.

vctor182

I'm doing Raid Mode runs, trying to get some rare parts from Infection Missions. If anyone is playing also add me: 5155-4010-7751 is my Friend Code!

Anteo

I'm doing Raid Mode runs, trying to get some rare parts from Infection Missions. If anyone is playing also add me: 5155-4010-7751 is my Friend Code!

My fc is 3093-7127-8409. I'm free right now.
I think we need some kind of 3ds comunity thread. I sometimes have time to play any 3ds game but I don't want to bump every 3ds thread to play with someone.

vctor182

That was great! but I have to go now. GG. Lets play again someday
Yep, it was really cool to play, wish they handled the online friend sessions with better organization lol
Got a Progenitor Virus Infection Mission so if someone has it add me so we can streetpass it!

Riposte

There is no way to unlock Hell difficulty early I assume.

Do you think I should avoid scanning to prevent the game from becoming too easy? I imagine it might be impossible if you don't scan at all.

GeekyDad

There is no way to unlock Hell difficulty early I assume.

Do you think I should avoid scanning to prevent the game from becoming too easy? I imagine it might be impossible if you don't scan at all.

No, you'll probably want to take advantage of the easier difficulty to scan everything, as doing so in Hell will be...hell to do. But there's a mission for scanning everything, so I'd say go for it now while it's practical to do.

Riposte

Game wasn't too easy or anything, like I've heard. Not very challenging (Herbs are plentiful), but it had its moments (especially when a certain boss pops up again and again). Does Hell revamp monsters like I think it did in the demo? Also I wonder if they will do anything with this new expanded cast of characters (not that the story was particularly well told, lol. Too many cheesy (fake-out) cliffhangers). No way they show up in RE6, which is lame.

One thing I should note... I don't like how this game does melee. It certainly isn't following up on the RE4/RE5 formula in that respect. As for dodge, it seems like it might be too powerful if someone got the hang of it (on certain enemies it didn't seem worth the risk of me fucking up it).

I have to admit, though gimmicky, Raid mode is pretty interesting and it feels pretty nice to fly through a series of levels with a random stranger. It has good momentum. Weapon customizing has its merits. Fast/defense/strong monsters are pretty cool and do something to make up for the game's lacking monster designs.

Unfortunately it is very dependent on level/weapon stats... to the point of being like some kind of unbalanced JRPG. People with levels +20 come into my room and just one-shot things (which is disheartening when you were having a fun tackling a certain scenario minutes before) and I've quickly grown too powerful for levels that were fair challenges only an hour ago. I guess in the case of an overleveled partner, proper etiquette would be end the session? In any case, cool idea... doesn't meet its potential because it is biting too hard on the stat-progression hook. Maybe things stabilize on the Hell/w/e set of levels.

Oh and 3D looks really nice on this game. I play it on whenever I feel comfortable not moving a lot.

Riposte

"Ghost Ship" seems like a really awesome Raid level and just fun altogether. A battle based on stamina and smart play if you want to get far. However it suffers for the same reasons as everything else... Only people who will join my games are way overleveled.

GeekyDad

"Ghost Ship" seems like a really awesome Raid level and just fun altogether. A battle based on stamina and smart play if you want to get far. However it suffers for the same reasons as everything else... Only people who will join my games are way overleveled.

Well, it's not really meant to be taken on until you're a high level. It can last about 45 minutes. It's not like the other Raid missions.

Riposte

Well, it's not really meant to be taken on until you're a high level. It can last about 45 minutes. It's not like the other Raid missions.

That just seems like a waste... but unavoidable given the multiplayer environment. I would love to tackle it with another level 20 who had the sense to restock all the ammo and grenades he needs.

Anteo

That just seems like a waste... but unavoidable given the multiplayer environment. I would love to tackle it with another level 20 who had the sense to restock all the ammo and grenades he needs.

Well, the game gives the option to reduce your own level (you can go back to the level you were). Also the store updates acording to your current level, so it is possible for someone to go back to a level around yours and buy weapons from said level to balance things out, but it is up to the player.

Anony

i'm at the 'mayyydaayyyy mayyyddaaayyyy' part
wtf are you suppose to do?

it is freaky hear that repeat over and over again

GeekyDad

Is there an easy way to get past that part i keep dying. Shooting the padlock is still terrifying after so many times

Yeah, what you want to do is:
Wait for the dude to get close to a tank, shoot it (the tank, that is), and then run up to him and charge (make sure you fully charge) a melee attack. It will do massive damage. By the time you get to the last tank, he should be dead or close to it.

Anteo

How do i charge a melee attack, plus when i focus on him the others end up killing me

Do you know how to melee attack?
Just do that, but do no let go the attack button. If you think you are going to get grabbed, release the button, you are invulnerable for a while.

GeekyDad

Do you know how to melee attack?
Just do that, but do no let go the attack button. If you think you are going to get grabbed, release the button, you are invulnerable for a while.

Good advice. Besides, when you shoot those tanks, chances are you're going to defeat any of the other dudes nearby as well. The thing to keep in mind is, don't waste time with the other enemies. They endlessly respawn until you take the big boy out. So, just try to avoid them the best you can while concentrating on that fat-blob bastard.

clemenx

Banned
Just got this game, I'm really impressed with the atmosphere. I'm just at the 3rd Episode but I'm impressed at how well the close camera and narrow rooms add to the experience. It's a really tense game, which imo is not something easy to do in games.

I like the 3D but I find it heavy in the eyes :( Even at the lowest, even without it the game is gorgeous. I demand more 3DS games with these production values. I'm playing with the Circle Pad Pro, and I love the accessory, as ugly as it is.

Can't wait to unlock Raid Mode, I hope people are still playing!

Anteo

Just got this game, I'm really impressed with the atmosphere. I'm just at the 3rd Episode but I'm impressed at how well the close camera and narrow rooms add to the experience. It's a really tense game, which imo is not something easy to do in games.

I like the 3D but I find it heavy in the eyes :( Even at the lowest, even without it the game is gorgeous. I demand more 3DS games with these production values. I'm playing with the Circle Pad Pro, and I love the accessory, as ugly as it is.

Can't wait to unlock Raid Mode, I hope people are still playing!

Remember that you don't need to clear the game to get raid mode. Check your achievements, I think you can unlock it by the end of the 3rd chapter.

clemenx

Banned
Remember that you don't need to clear the game to get raid mode. Check your achievements, I think you can unlock it by the end of the 3rd chapter.

Thanks! I'd have probably missed that. Now I'm never finishing the campaign D:

Did all the Chasm missions with A rank, despite No damage and Genocide bonuses :( I need to be faster I guess. Haven't tried online yet, this is addicting playing solo :O

Anteo

Thanks! I'd have probably missed that. Now I'm never finishing the campaign D:

Did all the Chasm missions with A rank, despite No damage and Genocide bonuses :( I need to be faster I guess. Haven't tried online yet, this is addicting playing solo :O

Yeah.. those are not all the Chasm missions, you unlock more missions as you play the game. After clearing Chasm (which requires you to finish the main game) more dificulty levels will open.
Medium and hard, chasm is easy

clemenx

Banned
Yeah.. those are not all the Chasm missions, you unlock more missions as you play the game. After clearing Chasm (which requires you to finish the main game) more dificulty levels will open.
Medium and hard, chasm is easy

Heh, yeah. Realized it afterwards!

I'm sooo hooked at this game, didn't expect it to be so good. I'm at Chapter 8 now, though, and it's like they decided to create most tedious level ever. Swimming + Turret? GTFO!

Davey Cakes

Yeah, the swimming in this game isn't great. I didn't truly realize it until my replay when I got to the swimming part and said to myself "I really don't want to do this again."

The turret section was tolerable though. Better than RE5's take on turret sequences.

Anteo

Yeah, the swimming in this game isn't great. I didn't truly realize it until my replay when I got to the swimming part and said to myself "I really don't want to do this again."

The turret section was tolerable though. Better than RE5's take on turret sequences.

Can you belive I didn't know you could swim faster? I literally just held down B in my first playthrough, which caused a lot of close calls and some deaths underwater.

clemenx

Banned
Well, the game is finished and I'm currently doing Trench Missions. I've been reading that Abyss is quite harder, so I can't wait to unlock it.

The campaign was really fun, I didn't really care about the story, aside from a couple of little twists I enjoyed. I think this is my favorite 3DS game, along with OOT3D and 3DLand, just excellent and a very pleasant surprise.

The only thing I don't like about this game is the "Flood" level in Raid Mode, ugh.

vctor182

Yep Raid mode is really fun, I'm basically done with upgrades but it's so fun to play online. A shame the friend list isn't better integrated.

Top Bottom