• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

weeaboo

Nintendo demos in MY Spain? What is this nonsense.

Yes dude, i can't believe it

2cprprsrlq61.gif

Gambit

also downloading...it sure is taking its time.

I didn't actually want to play the demo since the release is so close, but I just couldn't help myself. Demos for 3DS is such a strange phenomenon, I need to be a part of it!

EDIT: in Germany here. I half-expected them to leave the demo off our eshop not to scare the children.

ugoo18

also downloading...it sure is taking its time.

I didn't actually want to play the demo since the release is so close, but I just couldn't help myself. Demos for 3DS is such a strange phenomenon, I need to be a part of it!

Going fairly quickly for me, almost at 50% and i started about a minute or so ago.

EDIT: Past 50% now

Double EDIT: Finished

Gambit

Going fairly quickly for me, almost at 50% and i started about a minute or so ago.

EDIT: Past 50% now

Just now past 50% as well, but mine is slow. Must be my connection then. (Personally I blame the weather, we are having a storm here atm)

weeaboo

Oh shit, the download is slow, should I waggle my 3DS to improve the speed? щ (゚д゚щ )

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So slow the downloading :( but it's all fault of my connection. I'm so hyped!

Looking forward to more demo impressions! I don't think I'll pick this game up near launch unless reception is incredibly positive but I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale sometime. The idea of paying $50 for a 3DS game still just doesn't jive with me.

kanugo

I'm about 50% here.

If I like the demo I'll probably go with the Game+2nd analog pack. It's only more 10€ here.

BowieZ

Banned
Had to delete two trailers to fit in the demo. Time for a new SD card soon....

EDIT: Download took 2.5 minutes.

weeaboo

Options -> Game settings -> Enhance 3D Depth Slider -> Very Strong

Ok, let's do this

ed: Holy shit @ the graphics/3D

BowieZ

Banned
It's beautiful! The music is great. The very strong depth is awesome.

Only issue I noticed is that it seems rather 'compressed' -- just cos it's a demo, or what?

Some quick impressions:

- the 3D at the highest/enhanced settings is pretty strong but surprisingly pleasing to they eyes. I occasionally noticed some ghosting, but I guess that's expected with a game like that. If you like the 3D on the 3DS you will really like this one I think.
- the graphics itself are amazing, but we already knew that.
- the controls without the CPP seem absolutely fine to the point where I'm not sure what the CPP even does. I'll get the CPP essentially for free, so I will definitely try it out, but I almost expect to play this game without it.
- I think 3rd person shooting is the way to go here, even though I didn't even try the 1st person mode, mainly because it just seems wrong to me and always looked wrong when I saw it in videos.
- the bottom screen is used for weapon/item shortcuts and a map. Both seem pretty convenient, even though you can just access most items with the digi pad.
- not a lot of ammunition, but still just enough.
- I personally like the scanning feature. Not sure if everyone will agree on that.

Gambit

The game looks fantastic!

Just finished the demo and enjoyed it immensly. I guess my old bones aren't used to "scary" RE anymore: I was shocked twice! (that's more than all of 5 managed to do)
The most shocking was the moment that thing fell from the ceiling. It felt like the dog-scene in old RE1. I nearly closed my 3DS by accident. lol, quite embarassing really.

I am shooting in 3rd person btw and used Control setting A. Will try the others later, but I felt it controlled nicely. Maybe I won't even need the Circle Pad (despite my zavvi pre-order)

I can also confirm that the 3DS will continue downloading in sleep mode even when you have a game running. Guess I'll try Cooking Mama now. :lol

Sadist

Demo worked. I want more.

Impressions: the 3D is pretty sweet. Finally, I needed more good use of the 3D since Super Mario 3D Land. The little bloodspatters on the screen are a nice touch, they kind off pop out. From what I've seen this game plays like RE 4/5 but it does have a classic RE feel to it. It's a mansion, you need to drain the tub(!) to get an item. No ammo drops from enemies, not a lot of bullets found. And oh, did I spot an Item box?

Enemies are a bit dimwitted though, but pretty strong. Especially the Ooze with the flailing spiky arms.
Have to be honest here, the Ooze did surprise me by getting the drop on me :(

Did you guys notice you can replay the game on two settings after completing the demo once? Normal and Hell. The second option is indeed hell. Got killed :(

Btw, is Jill being voiced by a different actress?

So far no regenerating health :D (Not sure if that's normal or not for the RE series, I hate regenerating health so i love that).
No regenerating health in RE games. ;)

ugoo18

Finished the demo, will definitely be using the gyro controls in this. This is my first experience with a RE game so bear with me. Overall not bad, enemies take quite a few bullets to go down. Found myself playing a bit like i did when entering Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime and the Pirate Research Facility (Scan everything, methodical approach to everything) also the demo had a similar atmosphere which i liked.

I probably won't play this all in 3D (The 3D looks good but the game imo runs smoother with it off). Looks graphically above anything on the 3DS so far. So far no regenerating health :D (Not sure if that's normal or not for the RE series, I hate regenerating health so i love that).

zoukka

Technically everything is there. Now just to see if the content is satisfactory. The 3D effect didn't do anything for me I'm afraid.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Once you've finished it once there is hell mode unlocked. Also I'm not sure what would happen if you scan 100% of things.

You can adjust the 3D effect as well to norma, strong or extra strong if you want.

Played the demo that came with Mercenaries a while back and knew I'd be buying this day 1. It is disappointing that it's $50 rather than $40 but I'll survive.

This will tide me over until my Vita arrives :)

ugoo18

It's awesome but I was hoping they would let you aim with the circle pad and also let you use the gyro at the same time (like in Zelda so that you can fine tune your aim).

Fun demo though, really pretty.

Do you mean being able to move while aiming with the gyro?

Because you can or at least i was able to.

wsippel

Banned
Just finished the demo and preordered the game. Very nice. Heavily reminds me of Metroid Prime in some ways. Mostly controls and scanning. The Metroid Prime control scheme strikes me as near perfect for the platform.

Top Bottom