• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

ShockingAlberto said:
Yes, if you have a good enough PC.
:)

i have been tempted to post Dolphin shots and ask people if they are 'in engine' or not, but i'm not gonna.

bullshots of the nature of higher IQ almost never cause any major compliants because guess what, most people don't really notice the IQ when a game is in motion. Wii games quite famously look like crap in screenshots but much better in motion.

that's because things like edge aliasing is much more apparent in a screenshot.

a 'bullshot' or not, we can tell from that screenshot what the game will look like and it will almost certainly feature that environment with that lighting and those enemies.

yeah, it won't be as high res and as clean, but it also won't be fucked up with a completely ill advised photoshop blur slathered all over it.

TunaLover

cvxfreak said:
Clearly Capcom will reuse the South America assets for the Wii port of RE5.

Just bought the issue of Famitsu myself. Looking very interesting, though I hope they manage to make this new plot fit in with the rest of the series. We've gotten plenty of retcons, but the Umbrella Chronicles retcons were, for the most part, well done. I'm hoping that the progression from RE2 to CV to OJ makes a good deal of sense.

I wonder if RE5 Wii is/was being developed at some point. Capcom loves reuse assets so...

EmCeeGramr said:
man krauser. you used to be one of the good guys

what happened.
He was tired of all the manipulation, and felt like he needed to take control of his life.

If almost felt as he had been guided along a straight line...

Miau

Neo Member
yoopoo said:
Just saw the scan with RE5 village area....looks really damn impressive on Wii.

That must be the level they said they showed to Nintendo employees, the one that supposedly looked really good.

Wow. I know this is all kinds of wrong, but I'm more excited for this than I was RE5.

In a way. In that, I'm more excited for this than I was RE5 in a classic Resident Evil fanboy manner.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Day one. I never bought Darkside Chronicles but this, this I will get.
With another character on the screen, it doesn't seem like I will be dreading the on-rails feel that I was otherwise expecting.

Davey Cakes

The game being graphically impressive means little if the framerate isn't there. Just remember that.

Of course, as usual, my biggest gripe thus far is that the village screenshot almost looks like RE5 (perspective-wise), except you're playing as Leon. Again, that's a huge fucking tease at what I honestly want, an RE4: Wii Edition 2.

And no, not just RE5 with Wii controls. That game should just stay where it is.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Xeke said:
RE5 Wii not far away.

lol your post time is 420

This looks excellent, really. If I had heard that this is RE5 Wii and seen these shots I would have believed it.

Sadist said:
Give me Resident Evil 4.5 Wii: Wesker the End and all is well.

Hell yes.

Anyway those shots look amazing. This new scenario looks a lot more interesting than having a generic looking Umbrella lab for UC.

Rash said:
Again, that's a huge fucking tease at what I honestly want, an RE4: Wii Edition 2.

And no, not just RE5 with Wii controls. That game should just stay where it is.
Sadist said:
Give me Resident Evil 4.5 Wii: Wesker the End and all is well.
Hell, they should just resurrect RE 3.5. It already looked creepy and awesome.

consoul

Wow. This game just keeps looking better and better. I don't mean the bullshots, I mean the content. I think I'll probably enjoy this more than UC.

From the story section on the official site:

"In reality, the pharmaceutical company Umbrella collapsed in 2002. But that biohazard has completely fallen into oblivion. Intelligence has been received that a former Umbrella researcher in a small South American country was in contact with a man named Javier Hidalgo. Carrying out his duty, Leon goes to South America and is once again confronted with the horrors he encountered in his past."

Hahaha! Playing the Umbrella's Downfall card again! Well, the only other card is that mysterious rival company Ada works for.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shitty framerate is still shitty and will spoil my enjoyment of the game.

1rb3vd.jpg

some days you go through the raiiiiin
some days you feed on a tree froooog

I hate rendered sequences.... There was a time (Resident Evil 4) where inferior consoles could achieve the same visuals in real time...

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Frencherman said:
I hate rendered sequences.... There was a time (Resident Evil 4) where inferior consoles could achieve the same visuals in real time...
I'm really not digging the CG cutscenes in this game; something about the character models look really plasticy and look nowhere near as good as the cutscenes in RE4.

Jangaroo said:
I'm really not digging the CG cutscenes in this game; something about the character models look really plasticy and look nowhere near as good as the cutscenes in RE4.

That's called the uncanny valley.

I'm surprised, I thought that we'd been leaving it since last gen.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Frencherman said:
it's much cheaper to fire up a rendition in max than to produce a good-loking in-engine cutscene.

Top Bottom