• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles: Official Thread

Zenith

Banned
Prime Blue said:
After having watched the "Umbrella's End" scenario, my worst fears have been confirmed:

That has to be the lamest shit Capcom ever pulled off.

Chris and Jill fly to a Russian Umbrella base wondering about the existence of a rumoured B.O.W. They go in there, kill hundreds of monsters, make their way down to the basement were they find said B.O.W. and take it down. Nothing more.
A few seconds later Chris and Jill are back on the surface: "They're done for. We struck a fatal blow. The end of Umbrella is just a question of time."

Are you serious, Capcom? Is this not just a bad dream? It's just like they adapted the fanfic of some twelve year old kid. Every friggin amateur could've done better than that.

So let's summarize:
1. Chris and Jill go to Russia wondering about the existence of a B.O.W., even "hoping that new bio weapon is just a rumour".
2. They don't give any mission objective whatsoever, they just go there. Neither to collect evidence, nor to destroy the facility, nor to defeat the B.O.W. (they are not even sure it exists).
3. The facility is brimming with hundreds and hundreds of monsters - although not a single reason for an outbreak is given. That is just really, really, REALLY stupid. Every previous title in the series had a good explanation for the viruses breaking out: In Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero, it was James Marcus who spread it. In Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, the rats were the carriers because of the leaked t-Virus in the sewers (due to HUNK's mission). In Survivor, it was Vincent who released the virus, whereas in Dead Aim, it was done by Morpheus.
4. They infiltrate the facility without any problems - no security mechanisms, no guards, no nothing. Hello? This is supposed to be an Umbrella stronghold and they don't even protect it from intruders? The Paris lab seemed to be way more important than that, as Claire nearly got killed by dozens of soldiers and an attack chopper while she was in there.
5. Throughout the whole scenario Chris and Jill basically just say "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."
6. They get to the basement, Talos gets thrown at them by Sergei and they just kill it. They don't even muse about who Sergei could be.
7. A few seconds later they are back on the surface. They didn't blow up the facility, they only took out the bio weapon THEY WERE NOT EVEN AWARE OF while flying there and then call that a "fatal blow" to Umbrella. I'm not getting the logic here.

So, if that's how Umbrella's end shall be depicted: FUCK YOU, Capcom! The crashing stock prices from Resident Evil 4 were a better explanation than this shit.
I'm not taking any of that crap as canon. Hopefully that novel will be released in the USA as I'm really interested in what the story would have looked like if it had actually made sense.

Note: I still haven't watched "Dark Legacy 2", but I have my doubts that this will improve the "story" in any way.

You're wrong.

The main point of their incursion was to get evidence for that big-ass court case that's been dragging on for 5 years. They were forced to go in early without backup or advance planning due to the biohazard outbreak which was making Umbrella pack up and leave with all its important stuff. This facility was also Umbrella's last mass-production outpost for BOWs.

1. Chris and Jill go to Russia wondering about the existence of a B.O.W., even "hoping that new bio weapon is just a rumour".

They went to Russia becaus they knew for certain the last major Umbrella base was there. they weren't sure about the new BOW though.

2. They don't give any mission objective whatsoever, they just go there. Neither to collect evidence, nor to destroy the facility, nor to defeat the B.O.W. (they are not even sure it exists).

Last sentence is totally wrong. they collected evidence, secured the facility (the soldiers say so over your radio ffs) and defeat this possible BOW and stop the outbreak there from spreading. First sentence already explained.

3. The facility is brimming with hundreds and hundreds of monsters - although not a single reason for an outbreak is given.

You're right that no real reason is given, just that before Wesker or Chris&Jill arrive an outbreak had occured and was over-running the facility. the outbreak is what made Jill&Chris go in early.

4. They infiltrate the facility without any problems - no security mechanisms, no guards, no nothing. Hello? This is supposed to be an Umbrella stronghold and they don't even protect it from intruders? The Paris lab seemed to be way more important than that, as Claire nearly got killed by dozens of soldiers and an attack chopper while she was in there.

Um, that's just flat-out incorrect. How did you miss the ton of security mechanisms? it's on-rails ffs so you can't skip it. The laser triplines, the BOW release mechanism, the security doors, that laser hall from the movie, the last bunch of rooms that Jill says is specifically to defend against intruders? there aren't any guards because of the outbreak. it says so in Dark Legacy's intro. where did you think all the zombies in flak jackets came from?

5. Throughout the whole scenario Chris and Jill basically just say "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."

I have a theory why you totally fucked-up on catching what the plot was.

6. They get to the basement, Talos gets thrown at them by Sergei and they just kill it. They don't even muse about who Sergei could be.

Again, flat-out wrong. Chris says "another Umbrella psycho" just before Talos tries to blow them up.

7. A few seconds later they are back on the surface. They didn't blow up the facility, they only took out the bio weapon THEY WERE NOT EVEN AWARE OF while flying there and then call that a "fatal blow" to Umbrella. I'm not getting the logic here.

Already explained.

How did you miss all this stuff? Have you even played the game? Read any of the files? The
]court case
was mentioned several times. It was sort of the big thing that's been happening in between Raccoon City and RE4. The prez ordering Umbrella to stop trade just after RC, Wesker saying how it's stock price plumetted, that reporter from Outbreak testifying in court, all the files you unlock detailing what went on, there's no way you could have missed all this stuff unless you were deliberately being facetious. At the very least it's obvious you've never even touched the game.

chris0701

Posted?

Bio:UC sold 70000 units on the first day in Japan, people even buy Ghost Squad Wii because the insufficient supplies on Zapper included version.

70000 = 50000 + 20000 (w/zapper)

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/

ガンシューティングスタイルで登場した
「バイオハザード」シリーズ最新作「アンブレラ・クロニクルズ」。
初日の販売本数は約7万本(単品約5万本、ザッパー同梱版約2万本)で、
5月に発売された「バイオハザード4 Wiiエディション」の
約3倍の出足となっている。
Wiiザッパーを同梱した「エキスパートパッケージ」が
入手困難になっている影響か、セガから発売された
「ゴースト・スカッド」との同時購入も多く見られ、
互いに相乗効果を発揮しているようだ。

赤信号と言うほど苦戦しているタイトルは無いものの、
PS3「ヘブンリーソード」の約7000本、

cvxfreak

I wonder if the game rewards no-damage runs. Almost had one for the first chapter, but got stung by the boss in the last 5 seconds. :lol

the mansion levels were supurb... played through them last night and beat wesker's first scenario. just really a combination of upgrading the weapon and not sucking so much ammo wise on the way to the boss fight.

need to A rank Nightmare 1 to get the second part of it... i'd say it was my favourite chapter yet.

Cravis

StranGER said:
has anyone seen this at a toys r us anywhere yet?

i got a gift card for one and can't find a single toys r us with one. they say they have not gotten it and have no clue when or if they will.
My TRU had plenty of copies last night.

mcgarrett

I like it so far, though using the Wii Remote as a light gun isn't quite as comfy as I thought it would be. Guess it will just take a bit of getting used to.

Some of the review gripes are pretty laughable. Someone complained that the idea of swinging the knife to pry off the leeches wasn't realistic... but I guess the very idea of giant jumping leeches doesn't bother them.

I'll try to not be total jackass while answering to your concerns Zenith, although the aggression you put in your post makes that kind of hard for me.

Zenith said:
The main point of their incursion was to get evidence for that big-ass court case that's been dragging on for 5 years. They were forced to go in early without backup or advance planning due to the biohazard outbreak which was making Umbrella pack up and leave with all its important stuff. This facility was also Umbrella's last mass-production outpost for BOWs.
Please post a direct quote from the game dialogue or the files that gives us that specific reason for them to visit this facility. If it really exists I must have missed it.

Also, on every occassion, the Russian facility is referred to as "an Umbrella base", certainly not the last or most important one.

Zenith said:
They went to Russia becaus they knew for certain the last major Umbrella base was there. they weren't sure about the new BOW though.
They never said this and the in-game dialogue implied something totally different. Chris and Jill say the place is "not just some warehouse" because of all the monsters running around. I think it was somewhat at the beginning of the scenario but already inside of the building.

Zenith said:
Last sentence is totally wrong. they collected evidence, secured the facility (the soldiers say so over your radio ffs) and defeat this possible BOW and stop the outbreak there from spreading. First sentence already explained.
Again, I'll gladly ask you to post direct quotes again for all the points but the second (which is pretty much a given if they infiltrate an Umbrella base).

Zenith said:
You're right that no real reason is given, just that before Wesker or Chris&Jill arrive an outbreak had occured and was over-running the facility. the outbreak is what made Jill&Chris go in early.
Uh... I never complained about what would make them go in early. There's still no reason the facility is crowded with infected hosts (of all kinds). The cutscene where Red Queen tells Sergei there was a biohazard contamination is especially hilarious. She tells him "90% of the research staff have been eliminated" (albeit them being fully transformed by the time Wesker gets in the base, even rotting already) and he just goes all kthxbye and decides to destroy the place in a matter of seconds. Brilliant storytelling, CAPCOM.

Zenith said:
Um, that's just flat-out incorrect. How did you miss the ton of security mechanisms? it's on-rails ffs so you can't skip it. The laser triplines, the BOW release mechanism, the security doors, that laser hall from the movie, the last bunch of rooms that Jill says is specifically to defend against intruders? there aren't any guards because of the outbreak. it says so in Dark Legacy's intro. where did you think all the zombies in flak jackets came from?
Prime Blue said:
4. They infiltrate the facility without any problems - no security mechanisms, no guards, no nothing.
I was talking about them getting in the base without problems.

Zenith said:
I have a theory why you totally fucked-up on catching what the plot was.
It was really just that: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. "Oh boy, there's so many of them." "I think we're getting to something important here." "Bronson, your death will be avenged" (yeah, I'm aware that are not real quotes, but that's basically how the whole scenario goes). If you find one in-game quote that reveals some crucial new plot element to us that we didn't already know, feel free to post it.

Zenith said:
Again, flat-out wrong. Chris says "another Umbrella psycho" just before Talos tries to blow them up.
Yeah, but that's it? If I were in there I'd wonder about the origins of that man. And I'd be a little concerned if I just left the facility and let him escape (after all, they didn't know Wesker was there to finish him off).

Zenith said:
How did you miss all this stuff? Have you even played the game? Read any of the files? The court case was mentioned several times. It was sort of the big thing that's been happening in between Raccoon City and RE4. The prez ordering Umbrella to stop trade just after RC, Wesker saying how it's stock price plumetted, that reporter from Outbreak testifying in court, all the files you unlock detailing what went on, there's no way you could have missed all this stuff unless you were deliberately being facetious. At the very least it's obvious you've never even touched the game.
I don't really see a difference between watching a complete uncut walkthrough & reading all the files and actually playing the game.
The trial is mentioned several times but never in the context you put it in.

Mdk7

So what's GAF consensus on the game?
It's still unreleased here in PAL land and i heard it's got some flaws concerning the pointing mechanics not working that well...

Regardless of how simple or unthought of the plot is, face it guys, its a on-rails shooting game. Now maybe if these types of games were known for their insane ammounts of story, that would be one thing. Be happy Capcom even threw in re-done cutscenes and a somewhat narrative plot. Its a light gun game that goes over part of the canon of the series, adds just a little bit to it, and nothing more. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and I'm a HUGEEEEEEE Resident Evil fan. While the story could be seen as corny, cheeseball, etc, and also somewhat convolted and dissapointing, serves well enough and wont stop me from loving the arcade goodness it provides .

Also anyone that plays this and then picks up Ghost Squad when it arrives will surely be disappointed they completed the whole game in 30 minutes as opposed to RE:UC 6-8 hours. RE is phenomenal for a on rail game imo.

Bebpo

Banned
I wonder if Capcom made a bad decision targetting the hardcore only with the game. I was at a store and saw some casuals playing and they couldn't beat the 2nd chapter of RE0 with the monkeys even on easy mode so they got mad and gave up.

Bebpo said:
I wonder if Capcom made a bad decision targetting the hardcore only with the game. I was at a store and saw some casuals playing and they couldn't beat the 2nd chapter of RE0 with the monkeys even on easy mode so they got mad and gave up.

Well honestly they just must really suck using the Wii or gaming in general. My gf who barely plays games and her friend beat RE Zero on easy when they played. *shakes head*

Zeed

Banned
Bebpo said:
Really? They must seriously suck, the monkeys are easy. It's the fucking leech men that piss me off.

I only got a chance to play a little yesterday, so I'm hoping to go on a marathon run tonight.

EDIT: Okay so grenades sort those damn leech men out just fine. I just played Wesker's first scenario, and Wesker does indeed kick ass. Ivan was a bitch though.

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:

Actually, according to the the developers, initially UC was an RE4-style game, but they changed it into a lightgun-style shooter because they wanted to target casuals. So it wasn't their intention to target hardcore gamers only.

It's also my suspicion that the Japanese version is easier, just like a few of the other BH games, but I have yet to confirm this.

hclflow

I'm trying to resist picking this up until spend more to save more at TRU, but these impressions are making it hard. DAMN YOU GAF

Dot50Cal

Banned
Well, I found out what a Critical Hit is. It's when you kill a zombie (or crimson head) with a one shot kill at their weakpoint (very top of their head) in ONE BULLET. You cant damage them at all before this or it wont count.

I'm not sure if it works with any other enemies but it seems that its just zombies from what I can see.

Zeed

Banned
Whoa, so I just played through the Rebirth missions. Holy shit, up until now the game was merely adequate for me, but after that experience I can say that it is in fact great. Being chased by Lisa Trevor, and then turning the hunter into the hunted, with nonstop action...topped off with Wesker's superhuman dodge move where he jumps like twelve feet into the air, wow.

I've heard that Raccoon's Destruction is even better. I'm taking a break for now, but I cannot wait to play more.

Dot50Cal said:
Well, I found out what a Critical Hit is. It's when you kill a zombie (or crimson head) with a one shot kill at their weakpoint (very top of their head) in ONE BULLET. You cant damage them at all before this or it wont count.

I'm not sure if it works with any other enemies but it seems that its just zombies from what I can see.

You can do critical hits on all enemies I think. At least I know it's possible to do on monkeys, chimera, spiders and hunters.

Dot50Cal

Banned
What the hell. Nemesis takes 8 god damn minutes to wear down and then I die like this? I really hate this game. I guess I need to slog back through and upgrade my weapons more, because this is bullshit. You cant stop all his damn tentacles with a pistol and there no weapons up on the roof.

neme.jpg

The RE3 scenario has been completely screwed in this. Its clear that they just ran out of time and re-used outbreak assets. I mean come on, Jill and Carlos do nearly the entire Oubtreak scenario and then the Subway one in the second chapter. Talk about lazy. I don't know how Im going to get at least an A on this one. Which is another thing that pisses me off. Why do I need to get an A or S rank in these in order to unlock only 2 other scenarios? Why so inconsistent?

A question to those who beat it: Can you do RE3 Chapter 3 on easy and still unlock the secret scenario if you get an A or S?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I can only play this in Japanese since I live here, but my skills in reading Japanese could be better. And I've heard that there's a large amount of files, notes and diaries to be found in the game.

My question. Is it possible to enjoy the game with only spoken english in the cut-scenes?

Really wanna try it out, but I don't want to miss out on too much for not being able to understand everything in the files.

mcgarrett

Lupin3 said:
I can only play this in Japanese since I live here, but my skills in reading Japanese could be better. And I've heard that there's a large amount of files, notes and diaries to be found in the game.

My question. Is it possible to enjoy the game with only spoken english in the cut-scenes?

Really wanna try it out, but I don't want to miss out on too much for not being able to understand everything in the files.
I imagine that it would still be pretty enjoyable. The files are just little bonuses you collect during the level, you can't actually read them until the mission is over. There's also a short paragraph of text that starts off each section -- but it's basically filling in the story between segments, so if you've played all the games you won't be missing anything (and even if you haven't you won't be missing much).

The characters do talk to each other during the level, but I'm assuming that's in English too?

GDGF

Soothsayer
This game kicks ass. Me and a buddy spent hours with this last night (between games of Super Mario Galaxy, of course)

This could be my favorite light gun shooter yet.

Duckula

The RE1 chapter was the best part so far. I just started the RE3 chapter and my frustrations with this game are reaching an all time high. Where do I begin?

- poorly spaced out checkpoints
- shoddy button press detection
- poorly placed health items
- shit AI
- fucked up broken scoring system
- the critical weakpoint on enemies is far too small for the shoddy aiming to concentrate on, especially since your character is about as stable as michael j fox in a washing machine during an earthquake.
- reloading takes far too long and leaves you open to attack every fucking time
- easy mode ISN'T FUCKING EASY

I'm thinking of just shelving this until a save comes out with everything unlocked so I can actually enjoy the game instead of the tedium of having to unlock everything and in turn hating every facet of the engine.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Duckula said:
The RE1 chapter was the best part so far. I just started the RE3 chapter and my frustrations with this game are reaching an all time high. Where do I begin?

- poorly spaced out checkpoints
- shoddy button press detection
- poorly placed health items
- shit AI
- fucked up broken scoring system
- the critical weakpoint on enemies is far too small for the shoddy aiming to concentrate on, especially since your character is about as stable as michael j fox in a washing machine during an earthquake.
- reloading takes far too long and leaves you open to attack every fucking time
- easy mode ISN'T FUCKING EASY

I'm thinking of just shelving this until a save comes out with everything unlocked so I can actually enjoy the game instead of the tedium of having to unlock everything and in turn hating every facet of the engine.

Heh, me and a buddy beat chapter 3 on hard last night. It was very, uh, hard.

Is there anymore two player content after chapter 3? If so, how is it unlocked?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I bought it. Played the first four levels in coop. It was okay, not bad. Not superlative. I don't understand why they put the ammo counter around the reticle and not along the side of the screen, and they MADE IT BLINK RED when you are low on ammo. But I AM BLUE. Color confusion total.

Zeed

Banned
GDGF said:
Heh, me and a buddy beat chapter 3 on hard last night. It was very, uh, hard.

Is there anymore two player content after chapter 3? If so, how is it unlocked?
There's a chapter 4. Not up to it yet, so I can't tell you how to get it. I assume you have to get a decent rank in the previous chapters.

MrDaravon

Just played the first level, it's pretty damn awesome. I can definitely see where some of Bebpo's complaints are coming from, particularly it being "slow", but it handles pretty much exactly like how I would expect a RE FPS/lightgun type game to handle. Different expectations I guess.

Zeed

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
Just played the first level, it's pretty damn awesome.
The first level was pretty bad, actually, in my opinion.

The point where I really "got" the game was in Wesker's Rebirth chapter. God damn that was awesome. I'm going through RE3 right now and it's pretty intense. I can't wait to get to Umbrella's End.

Deku

Banned
This game might be a hit. The game was instock 2 days ago at Futureshop and when I went to look for a copy today they've sold out. Usually when they sell out of something, its an in-demand title.

cvxfreak said:
Actually, according to the the developers, initially UC was an RE4-style game, but they changed it into a lightgun-style shooter because they wanted to target casuals. So it wasn't their intention to target hardcore gamers only.

It's also my suspicion that the Japanese version is easier, just like a few of the other BH games, but I have yet to confirm this.

I would consider myself a casual when it comes to the RE genre, and if it was an RE4 style game I would not even consider it. I don't have the interest to play one of that scale.

Although Im sure some hardcores were turned off by the light gun style.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think it depends on what you want from this game. I think, as Bebpo said, it's a really poor light gun game for a lot of reasons. I definitely like it more when I think about it as like...an abridged version of the series.

I was playing with my friend before and we were in the second or third chapter of RE0, I think the second, and we were fighting the monkeys along the walkway that overlooks into absolute nothing. Like a grey skybox meets nothing. Anyway, we both mentioned at the same time that the camera kept peering over the guard rail as if to imply something was coming or that something important was over the rail, but nothing ever came. Some of the framing in the game is just puzzling.

VALKYRAY

Banned
picked up this game yesterday, and played with my roomate for couple hours. we managed to get to russia, then we got bored and stoped there.
as a hardcore Resident Evil fan, here is my impression about UC. the story is great, I love it! but the gameplay is definitely a huge disapointment. there are several flaws in the gameplay that make this a horrible game. first of all the gun switching mechanism is horrible, why you can only switch guns one by one by tabing up or down on the D-pad? what about left and right? and why you can't skip weapons with no ammo? sorry 0 out of 10 right there. then the next major flaw is repetitive wich is caused by the lack of freedom. yeah, i understand the game is a rail shooter, but still, besides shooting the enermies what else can you do? absoluty nothing!
UC is the kind of game that I play it once, find out the story then I will not touch it again in very long time or i'll never touch it again. buttom line, rental recommended.

Zeed

Banned
So I just got to Umbrella's End. For the person, I forget who it was, that was bitching that the game doesn't adequately explain the downfall of the corporation, consider this: The game just explained that Umbrella had managed to survive until 2003 thanks to its lawyers, connections, and the lack of damning evidence. It is the U.M.F.-013 files on Umbrella's bio weaponry that finally finish the company. I'm assuming that those files are retrieved by Wesker - that's what the trailers imply at any rate.

VALKYRAY said:
first of all the gun switching mechanism is horrible, why you can only switch guns one by one by tabing up or down on the D-pad? what about left and right?
Just use the C button, it's so much easier it'll blow your mind.

and why you can't skip weapons with no ammo?
Valid point.

then the next major flaw is repetitive wich is caused by the lack of freedom. yeah, i understand the game is a rail shooter, but still, besides shooting the enermies what else can you do? absoluty nothing!
It gives you a lot more to do than pretty much any lightgun game before it. Throw grenades, destroy the environment, counter attack, pick up items, shift your view, context sensitive commands, etc. It is the deepest lightgun game ever made. And besides, complaining that there's nothing to do but shoot in a lightgun game is patently stupid.

dfi

VALKYRAY said:
next major flaw is repetitive wich is caused by the lack of freedom. yeah, i understand the game is a rail shooter, but still, besides shooting the enermies what else can you do? absoluty nothing!

What exactly where you expecting? Its a rail shooter after all. The point is to shoot stuff. If you didn't like that you shouldn't have purchased the game.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Holy shit, I just played this in my friends house. This game is so damn awesome.

Nintendo fans should buy this now.

cvxfreak

Beat the whole game. I was pretty satisfied with the whole final chapter on a gameplay level for both Chris/Jill and Wesker. Some of those portions were outright hectic.

Storywise, I haven't cared about the series as much as I used to so I'll take this chapter and its simplicity as a good thing. :lol

MrDaravon

Zeed said:
The first level was pretty bad, actually, in my opinion.

Meant the game itself, not the level specifically :p. I didn't think the first level was that bad or anything though (referring to the train part). The last part of the RE0 scenario was pretty eh though.

cvxfreak said:
First RE game without a self-destruct system at the end!
Yes, big massive failure.

Zeed said:
For the person, I forget who it was, that was bitching that the game doesn't adequately explain the downfall of the corporation, consider this: The game just explained that Umbrella had managed to survive until 2003 thanks to its lawyers, connections, and the lack of damning evidence. It is the U.M.F.-013 files on Umbrella's bio weaponry that finally finish the company. I'm assuming that those files are retrieved by Wesker - that's what the trailers imply at any rate.
1. I didn't just bitch about it, I gave reasons for my disappointment.
2. I mentioned in my original post that I hadn't watched "Dark Legacy 2" yet, so I didn't know about
Wesker stealing all the research data from Umbrella.
Still, I'm not satisfied with the depiction of the downfall - there's been a massive amount of hype over the course of ten years, and five minutes of cutscenes (at best) simply don't do the trick for me. The storyline of "Umbrella's End" was totally lame, as...
...Wesker retrieving the data still is no explanation for the whole Chris and Jill fiasco. They didn't even know Wesker was in the facility.

I like
Ada's and HUNK's
scenarios best. The crazy radio transmissions seemed to be the only creepy parts of the game, plus that shot is priceless:
6jb9846.jpg

Eteric Rice

So it's selling well?

That's good.

Still won't buy it, though. Capcom needs to put out a high quality Wii RE for me to consider that. :|

cvxfreak

I think it's important to look at the fall of Umbrella in the sum of its parts rather than relying on any single game. There's the events of Dead Aim which were only a few months before Umbrella's End, and then the beginning of RE4 that help paint the whole picture.

It's probably still too satisfying, but I'm content. RE's plot always has one or two protagonists who square off against strange people and UC certainly abides by that. :lol

Zeed

Banned
Just got to Dark Legacy. I can say now that a good number of Prime Blue's original complaints are invalidated within the first five minutes. And complaining about the lack of a self-destruct sequence seems really silly to me when it's established that the facility was secured, both through radio transmission and through the ending cutscene. Why blow it up if it's already secure? Durr.

This is about as good an explanation for Umbrella's End as we could have hoped for, knowing that they're not going to give us Spencer. They set up the story about the legal proceedings and how Umbrella was kept afloat because of a lack of evidence, and then show us how the company is finished off with the UMF data, which incidentally is also established as the only thing that can revive Umbrella.

What's more, it even segways into RE4 because it shows how Wesker can plan on reviving Umbrella under his leadership - now that Wesker has the UMF data, he's got the seed of the corporation itself. It's a perfect bridge between RE4 and the rest of the games.

EDIT: Okay I just beat Dark Legacy 1 with a B rank, but it didn't give me Dark Legacy 2. What gives?
EDIT2: Ah, gotta get Death's Door first.

Top Bottom