• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles: Official Thread

cvxfreak said:
I find it hard to go back to Umbrella Chronicles after playing Darkside Chronicles. I think UC has better content, but Darkside Chronicles feels more polished (zombie physics) and some of the design choices were better, which makes sense for a sequel.
I agree with the second part though not the first. I'm not sure why but though better in many ways (including Claire) Darkside Chronicles didn't pull me back for more playthroughs like Umbrella Chronicles continues to. Maybe because it annoyed me too much playing through RE2 and CVX like that when I just wanted to do it 3rd person style. I don't like 0, 1, and 3 as much.

Curufinwe said:
Playing on Easy is definitely the way to go if you're not that accurate.

Playing on Easy I managed to unlock Death's Door by getting an A ranking on Raccoon's Destruction Chapter 3 only because I used a Youtube guide to find all 9 of the files. I got 13 critical hits which I thought was pretty good, but it was only good enough for a C.
Just noticed you mentioned unupgraded guns already. I was going to note I found the game incredibly difficult on normal until I realized that's what the stars were for.

Curufinwe

I played Rebirth Chapter 1 about 20 times to get stars to upgrade my guns enough to be able to beat the boss of Umbrella's End Chapter 3 on Normal.

Thankfully Rebirth Chapter 1 is only 5 minutes long.

Top Bottom