• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 announced

Synless

Horsebite said:
Resistance 2 was the first title I bought for my PS3 and I literally LOL'd at the graphics when I loaded the game up. Hope the next title actually looks like it's on the PS3.
R2 in no way looked like complete ass. I thought it was a pretty damn good looking game. It was no Uncharted or Killzone, but it was still better than laugh worthy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As said in the other thread:

GraveRobberX said:
I'm not going to lie, but I had shivers go down my spine when I heard the horn go off in the trailer

Then when I saw R3 was real, I teared up a little (got so many good memories from R1 & R2, flashbacks =/), CHIMERAS are BACK BITCHES!, Fersis load up the LAARKS me and you got some hunting to do

dalin80

Banned
The new R+C looks like its ready to just fall and die but R3 could be good if IG went back and replayed more RFoM and doesnt aim for the CoD fucktard crowd.

Synless said:
R2 in no way looked like complete ass. I thought it was a pretty damn good looking game. It was no Uncharted or Killzone, but it was still better than laugh worthy.

Inside buildings looked pretty bad, outside was fine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RoboPlato said:
It's so nice to be in a Resistance thread and see some positivity. It's been a while.
Hug me my friend.

Nightz

!!!

I'm mostly happy to hear them say they've switched to a 3-year dev cycle. That should give them the time they need to add the polish that R2 was so seriously lacking.

dalin80

Banned
RoboPlato said:
It's so nice to be in a Resistance thread and see some positivity. It's been a while.

There was positivity all the way up to the 'trust us we are just awesome' podcast for R2 as well.

Alias03

I've been waiting for this announcement for what seems like forever. Loved both R1 and R2 (I know I'm the minority on gaf at least) but couldn't be more excited for R3!! Now we need details!!!!

I'm down for some R3. I really enjoyed R2 even though I think R1 did a lot of things better (weapon wheel!). It had it's flaws, but overall I found the gameplay to be really fun.

M3Freak

Banned
I have no emotions to express after reading this announcement. I need to watch a trailer, as well as more details about the actual game.

I will most definitely NOT trust a single review by any of the game "press". I will await feedback from GAFers and if I'm lucky enough, first hand experience in a beta (if there is one).

Awesome. Good to know that Insomniac is going back into the breach once more.

But this time I hope they remove any and all references to Call of Duty games. Seriously. Scour the office looking for anything even close to Modern Warfare related and toss it into a pile. Then burn that pile. Then scatter the ashes. Then salt the fucking earth.

If anything needs to be looked at for inspiration, its Resistance 1.

Hey folks, Paul Featherstone from Insom here - filling in for James while he's in Cologne for the presser.

I'll post the link to the Resistance 3 trailer in a few minutes. Our site went down and we're uploading it to YouTube right now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I call dibs on a Beta Code !!!

Team Klimt said:
Hey folks, Paul Featherstone from Insom here - filling in for James while he's in Cologne for the presser.

I'll post the link to the Resistance 3 trailer in a few minutes. Our site went down and we're uploading it to YouTube right now.
Sorry. ;)

Shinriji

Loved the second one (Got a plat, 10k kills and all that jazz). Please, all the campaing in co-op, just like the R2 coop.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hold me... someone...

V_Ben

Banned
Team Klimt said:

Brilliant fake out. Well played :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I might be the only one on this board who enjoyed R2 singleplayer.

Bring it on.

Proelite

Man, hope they add some zepplins jazzed up with alternate history tech to this game. Wasted opportunities if they don't.

Top Bottom