• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 announced

I'll post my hopes for this game.

Weapon wheel you can hold every weapon.
Imaginative weapons like the ones in Resistance Fall of Man.
Campaign 2-4 player co-op and 4-8 co-op that was similar to MMORPG Raids but expand on it tons more and more classes.
Un-Codify the shooting, console games never really needed auto lock on sticky aiming.
Better animations for enemies, when they get shot it kind of off putting since they don't react at all.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hypertrooper said:
R3_Tease.1.jpg
Oh look it haz HDR and SSAO!

:lol

* Hugs Kittonwy *

Mooreberg

2011 = Shooter Apocalypse

Resistance 3
SOCOM 4
Killzone 3
Deus Ex HR (I'm guessing it's more shooter than RPG)
Brink
Rage
Gears 3
COD 9000
Crysis 2
Battlefield 3 (?)

And maybe some Half-Life if Valve suddenly remembers their best franchise.

Yikes.

Arnie

gofreak said:
The downside is this almost assuredly pushes an Uncharted 3 into 2012. It might have otherwise been an '11 game, 2 years in the oven is what #2 got.

I guess Sony is hoping that the userbase growth will mean that there's plenty of audience of all these games.
Uncharted 2 was my GOTY last year and that is on a two year development cycle, I can't imagine how far out the park ND can hit it on a 3 year cycle.

It's also worth noting that whatever shooter comes out in the fall (probably R3) will have to go up against a new IW Call of Duty (despite a lot of IW staff not still being with the company).

Trailers and gameplay details where are you?

Anyway, awesome announcment, I was pissed to see Ratchet, but now they've announced R3, I'm happy to see more Ratchet too :lol

badcrumble said:
I want both R2 style co-op and R1 style co-op (2-player, playing through the actual campaign).

Yes yes yes.

The response that "Hale is alone, so it doesn't make sense for there to be co-op" is so stupid.

So with Insomniac Burbank working on R3 and the NC studio working on R&C All 4 One, I guess that would leave Brian Allgeier's original Ratchet team in Burbank to work on the new IP for EA?

I hope that hints at a lighter toned game like the Ratchet series for the new IP.

demosthenes said:
Yes yes yes.

The response that "Hale is alone, so it doesn't make sense for there to be co-op" is so stupid.
To be fair the final chapter of R2 wouldn't have made much sense with co-op. However, Resistance 3 is as likely as not to have less reason to make this restriction.

Darkatomz

Achtius said:
Auger or Wraith? Both are awesome weapons :D
Both. IIRC, the Auger shields and the Wraith shield were both curved, and blocked all throwable items. I can move past the curved thing, but allowing it to block everything is just too much.

BeeDog

Is the trailer some teaser bullshit/live-action crap (à la Twisted Metal), or did it show some ingame stuff? At the very least I hope it shows off the third game's art direction when it comes to the environments.

badcrumble said:
To be fair the final chapter of R2 wouldn't have made much sense with co-op. However, Resistance 3 is as likely as not to have less reason to make this restriction.

You don't play co-op to make sense, you do it for the enjoyment and the ride. At the end you are playing A VIDEO GAME.

Halo 1 didn't make sense w/ 2 master chiefs running around. You do co-op to play through with a friend and have fun. A friend and I did co-op on R1 for hours and hours and were pretty angry when we found out we couldn't do it on R2.

Mush

BeeDog said:
Is the trailer some teaser bullshit/live-action crap (à la Twisted Metal), or did it show some ingame stuff? At the very least I hope it shows off the third game's art direction when it comes to the environments.
WE DONT KNOW SHUT UP AND WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US :p

Edit: Nevermind... :)

BeeDog

Feels more like a trailer for a new Left 4 Dead game than a Resistance game. Well-made and all, but not what I want from a game trailer/teaser. At all.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Those people on the train look like they were left for dead. ;)

Looks like it will be more of a resistance fight, maybe something along the lines of Red Dawn this time around.

badcrumble said:

did halo make sense with co op in halo 1???

no... it was just fun.

dalin80

Banned
badcrumble said:

Doesnt make much sense single player either.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lastinline said:
Okay, that gave me goosebumps. The people who do those live action videos for Insomniac are really really good. Now, I can't wait to see the demo footage from PAX.
I would actually watch a Resistance movie if it looks like that.

gofreak said:
The downside is this almost assuredly pushes an Uncharted 3 into 2012. It might have otherwise been an '11 game, 2 years in the oven is what #2 got.

I guess Sony is hoping that the userbase growth will mean that there's plenty of audience of all these games.
Not necessarily.

Most of the games on track for next year are coming out in the first half of the year, like Socom, Killzone, Infamous, and MotorStorm.

For the back half of the year, they've got the Insomniac titles, the Last Guardian, and maybe Twisted Metal. Assuming only one Insomniac title drops next year, and assuming Twisted Metal ends up in 2012 (neither of which are improbable at all), then Uncharted 3 would fit in quite nicely as their other holiday release.

Irish

ATMOSPHERE! R1 had it. R2 lacked it. This teaser has it. Will the game be the same?

Weapon wheel, creative weapons, and campaign co-op are a must as well.

Top Bottom